Gerald's Game Reviews

• 6d ago

Interesting movie but the end completely changes the whole meaning of it (for the worse).

• Aug 09, 2019

everything good was in the trailer

everything good was in the trailer

• Aug 07, 2019

Powerful directions and a break out performance from Gugino creates a tense film with strong themes, making one of King's lesser known novels into one of his best adaptations.

• Jul 18, 2019

Great movie about facing your own fear and trauma, with a career defining performance by Carla Gugino, and a quietly powerful direction of Mike Flanagan. However, the plot still begs the question, without spoiling any good stuff: why not Hey Siri?

• Jul 11, 2019

Intriuging premise, milf-y lead actress, then extremely boring "survive-in-the-wild" story

• Jun 19, 2019

Interesting concept, but pretty dark and gruesome.

Interesting concept, but pretty dark and gruesome.

• Jun 03, 2019

The idea behind the story is actually very good, but the way the story was told was too lengthy for a film (though it was probably perfect for King's book). I liked the dialogue and the metaphors, but I disliked how 'death' was made 'real', while it would've better stayed a figment. Still, all in all I'd recommend seeing this movie, as it it is well balanced and story wise there are little mistakes. Too bad it was a bit too long...

• Apr 23, 2019

Not a bad movie for just two main characters although there does end up being more through flashbacks man that ï¿ 1/2(TM) man was just crazy he would have gave me nightmares forever

• Apr 21, 2019

It has an unsettling edge to it and Carla Gugino does a really good job meaning I want to see how she escapes the predicament she's in but Gerald's Game while not bad is still forgettable and having an unnecessary extra 20 minutes when it could've just been the usual 80 minutes you expect from this type of film. It's also not easy to watch especially when near the third act she finally starts to actually do something. Gerald's Game is okay but I doubt I would watch it again.

• Apr 20, 2019

Its a creepy story that tells the tale of a disturbed mental state , damaged childhood , faltering marriage , hopeless imprisonment, and a breakdown. Strange and entertaining. If you like crazy action and explosions are needed for you to enjoy a movie.....not for you.