Gerald's Game Reviews

• 5d ago

a very disturbing and shocking film, but it is still very good, well, I liked the film.

• Nov 24, 2020

Gerald's Game was adapted just for King, as well as those struggling with traumatic memories to center us and share sympathy for a woman who cannot control her own body.

• Nov 11, 2020

Great premise that goes deeper than the immediate problem of being handcuffed. The past mixes with the present while a killer is at large.

• Nov 05, 2020

Completely lame. First off, I've read the book a few times, and I didn't even think they could make a movie out of it, because there isn't enough to do anything with. Second, the way it's filmed, it should have been over in 20 minutes. It's established early that she has all kinds of room with the cuffs. She actually pulls herself up completely... She very easily could have pulled herself up to standing and kicked those posts off. Would barely even be enough for a Tales from the Crypt episode.

• Nov 03, 2020

Full review: https://horrify.net/horror-articles/geralds-game/

Full review: https://horrify.net/horror-articles/geralds-game/

• Nov 01, 2020

Waste of time. Tedious movie about a woman who is handcuffed to the bed, doest try to destroy the bed and kick her way out, and waits until she has no energy to do something. In the meantime, her boring husband continues to talk to her after his death. And then a bunch of other characters come to her bed also. And instead of leaving this as a simple horror story, the movie goes into childhood abuse. I had to fast forward thru the gory scenes, impossible to watch. Finally, the "surprise ending" gets even stupider. Cant believe this movie gets good reviews.

• Nov 01, 2020

It's a neat idea but it's really just a character study of the main character and I don't think that's not enough to do a whole movie. It's just not my thing.

• Oct 20, 2020

The best Stephan King adaption that I have seen. No over-the-top jump scares or flashy imagery. Just the suspense of lying in that bed makes it feel like a maze to our main character. Our main character who's performance was absolutely incredible. As this does deal with mature themes, it does tackle a bit of a happy ending. In many ways, she is trying to steer clear of being stuck under the moon. She has risen out into the sun. Good direction for a small-scale story. I was surprised to see a low-count of violence from a Stephan King adaption, though it comes back with mature themes that deals with a certain characters backstory.

• Oct 13, 2020

This movie was so so painfully slow and awful. No horror/scary themes at all and the plot was so bad and had the weirdest string of events in the last 20 mins that left me confused as to what the whole movie was about. So frustrating to watch, I can't believe I wasted my time watching this movie thinking it was going to get good. It was so bad that it wasn't even "so bad it's funny", it's just terrible. There are so many directions this movie could've gone in and instead of choosing one of them and making it a decent movie, they chose all of them and made it a shitshow. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE. The only redeeming quality about this movie was that there was a dog in it.

• Oct 06, 2020

A rare thing when I actually agree with the critical score over the user one. I found this movie to be an edge of your seat, nerve-wracking experience (in a good way) with some downright frightening moments. Excellent acting and a fantastic premise for a thriller.