Gidget Reviews

• Sep 07, 2018

fun wholesome teen surfing movie

fun wholesome teen surfing movie

• Apr 08, 2018

Milquetoast teen tale of summer romance - and nearly loosing yourself in the dream. Watch for several faces that would become well known over the next 40 years, except for star Sandra Dee who fell in love a year later and married singer Bobby Darrin. They divorced after 8 years & one child, she succumbed to alcohol and never married again.

• May 20, 2017

The 1st Gidget film was the only Gidget film with a great script ; the other 2 were scribed by a different screenwriter & lack the authentic Gidget vibe. Also, Sandra Dee was irreplaceable.

• Aug 06, 2015

This was one of my sister and my favorite films to watch when we visited our Grandmother's house growing up. It is a classic coming-of-age story about a young woman who is trying to enjoy her summer while struggling with the pressure to fit in and to grow up. It offers several wonderfully positive messages, and it encourages young women to be who they are. This movie is a rare gem!

• May 03, 2015

Dated perhaps, but the start of the surfing culture.

Dated perhaps, but the start of the surfing culture.

• May 19, 2014

WB's answer to the popular 'beach pics'

WB's answer to the popular 'beach pics'

• Jan 30, 2014

Love this movie --- Sandra Dee is stunning...

Love this movie --- Sandra Dee is stunning...

• Oct 06, 2013

Francis Lawrence is the perfect 1950's girl next door. She isn't exactly "manhunt" material and her friends let her know it ... so instead she tomboys off to learn to surf with a bunch of beach-bum wannabes headed by The Great Kahuna, and Moondoggie for who she falls, despite him nicknaming her Gidget (girl midget).Its charm is in its kitsch: it's genuinely cute and to make you smile. As the Gidge herself would say, Its The Absolute Ultimate!

• Sep 10, 2013