Red Riding Hood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Riding Hood Reviews

½ May 14, 2019
Predictable story. Sleepy screenplay. Boring triangle love.
April 28, 2019
One of the silliest movies I've ever seen. For a supposed thriller about a blood-thirsty wolf there's next to no blood or action. Lot's of elements are badly executed and jarring, taking you out of the story. There is a laughably fake looking wolf-head on a stick at one point. The movie also begins in what appears to be autumn, but everyone is wearing short-sleeves and it seems warm out. Then, by the end of the day it is the height of winter. Yet, Amanda Seyfried continues to run around in short sleeves. I'm sure this was meant to be a metaphor for the terror the wolf brings, but for me it just proved that this movie cares more about aesthetic than immersing its audience in the story. I don't know who was in charge of styling the actors as well, but I couldn't stop noticing how much make-up all the women were wearing in this small, medieval village, and how much gel Peter had in his hair. Peter looks like he's on his way to a MCR concert. The CGI wolf is so bad and pretty much all the deaths happen off screen. We don't even get to see anyone die!
February 7, 2019
The only thing frightening about this flop was the lifeless acting and anemic dialogue.
February 2, 2019
Is there a red riding hood 2? and if there are where can i see it?
November 21, 2018
Woefully uninspired retelling if the classic fairy tale. All the cast under 30 picked for their looks rather than any discernible acting ability, and don't they know it. Red Riding Smug.
½ October 9, 2018
archie rice did an amazing job on scaring me!
January 29, 2018
Director Catherine Hardwicke attempts to Twilight the Grimm's classic fairytale in Red Riding Hood. The story follows a small village that calls in the aid of a famed werewolf hunter to help them fight a werewolf that's been attacking them; meanwhile a young woman plans to run off with her lover but has second thoughts when she begins to suspect that he may be the wolf. Starring Amanda Seyfried, Gary Oldman, Billy Burke, and Virginia Madsen, the film has a pretty solid cast, and Hardwicke does a good job at crafting a surrealistic visual style. However, the writing is rather poor; featuring all the usual genre tropes, one-dimensional characters, and a contrived love triangle. And the mystery of who is the wolf proves to be underwhelming. While Red Riding Hood presents an interesting new vision, it just doesn't work.
September 19, 2017
Come on 10% by critics that's just crazy I found it to be a good movie with a lot of good action with good fights people should get ready for the wolf so can the people stop the wolf and fight it and win. So the movie is a bit dark, scary. Etc. Hay I thought it was a good fairy tale movie now I give this movie 70%
½ September 8, 2017
There have been many attempts at making a Red Riding Hood movie with actresses like Christina Ricci and Kathleen Archebald along side Amanda Seyfried taking the role whom doesn't challenge at making any kind of difference.

The Big Bad Wolf is as suppose to be and it seemed that Hardwick was trying to put together another chronicle by perhaps turning the whole wolf deal into a tragic love story by beginning it with a mystery that failed miserably. The movie try's to keep you wondering who the wolf could be, but it drags so much that by the time it draws near, you just want to get it over with and find out who the wolf is that doesn't seem to matter when the beast is revealed.

You'll find more or less skits from the fairy tale involving pigs, the grandmother etc., but it really doesn't do the movie justice and some things seemed to have been overdone.
June 28, 2017
Gary Oldman, as the fiery preacher out to rid the world of demons and their influence, saves this bedtime story that confuses itself with a typical detective whodunit (only here it's who-is-it: who's the big, bad wolf? Is it the town mayor, or the blacksmith, or ... just who is it?). The other characters concern themselves with Riding Hood's secondary concern, which is who will bed her? Thank goodness Oldman was in this, underwritten as it was for a teenage crowd!
May 20, 2017
Thought it was a BRILLIANT film.
I love these "Live Action" Remakes.
February 25, 2017
People hate on this movie all the time. But if I had to choose between this and any other overblown teen fantasy romance ide choose this one hands down. It's an interesting take on an old tale. It is way better then twilight.
½ February 10, 2017
Incoherent and dreadful rubbish. (First and only viewing - 11/9/2011)
½ February 5, 2017
Wasn't keen on this the film time around but much preferred it the 2nd time. Different to a lot of other films out there and a good twist at the end.
January 2, 2017
Thank you Hollywood for ruining a classic novel such a shitty movie
November 20, 2016
Red Riding Hood is a disappointing film. It is about a young girl falls for an orphaned woodcutter much to her family's displeasure. Amanda Seyfried and Gary Oldman give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Catherine Hardwicke did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
November 10, 2016
completely loved the story that i watched it 4 times in a row XD !!!!!
October 30, 2016
i really like this movie because amanda seyfried is os hot and gorgwous and such a good actress
June 25, 2016
A very different story then the childhood "Little Red Riding Hood" but a very good spin off. Yes she still goes to Grandma's house, yes she still meets a wolf, but its way different.
June 18, 2016
It's such a beautiful movie for me. I would really love it if there's going to be a sequel. Maybe a story going about Valerie and Peter having a child and them being in danger and such.