Gladiator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gladiator Reviews

November 1, 2017
I really liked the performances of pretty much the whole cast. Russell Crowe was moving in his role as Maximus, Richard Harris and Connie Nielsen did well with what they had to work with, but the real standout is Joaquin Phoenix as Commodus. The character is really evil, but he's not one-dimensional; his background is actually quite sad. The action scenes are well-staged, and the finale is very satisfying. 8/10
October 31, 2017
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?
October 30, 2017
Would highly recommend this action-packed movie Excellent from beginning to end. Rated R for violence however great classic movie!
October 29, 2017
A well made movie that has the most cliched and boring lead character.
October 14, 2017
loved the movie. you had everything a movie needed to be successful..
½ October 13, 2017
epic,powerful...love the score...great cinematography..Crowe and Phoenix were outstanding
½ October 11, 2017
I can watch this over and over again... A masterpiece that deserves more recognition. Russell Crowe's acting was simply perfect. Stunning movie!...
½ October 10, 2017
Great movie, kinda gory though.
October 10, 2017
Epic! Ridley Schott's best film!
September 4, 2017
This movie doesn't vex me.
September 2, 2017
One of my favorite action films of all time!
August 18, 2017
This Is My Favorite Ridley Scott Film Of All Time.
½ August 18, 2017
One of my top 5 movies of all time
August 16, 2017
Gladiator is an epic one mans fight for freedom -- with a stunning direction from Ridley Scott and his more artistic way of visualizing a historical flick like this one. It got many pleasing moments of action & tension, and some character moments is seen on screen, even if more would have enhanced the experience a lot more! Still; it's a stunning and surreal movie that really deserves its praise!

Personal rating: 80/100
Critical rating: 80/100
August 12, 2017
Are you not entertained?!
July 28, 2017
Gladiator is a truly wonderful film, with a brilliant presentation, characters and actors. While some scenes could have been stretched out further (including the early battles and the death of Maximus' family, to really hit home his loss), it doesn't take anything away from a wonderful film from start to finish.
July 27, 2017
Its absolutely stunning to see the brutality of the Colosseum, the governing of an empire, an unrelenting revenge tale and some history mixed together into one masterpiece.
July 24, 2017
It's big, it's glorious... and it's Braveheart. I happened to watch this movie the day after seeing Braveheart, and I couldn't but notice that it's essentially the same movie with gladiators instead of scotsmen. They even have the same runtime of 2 hours and 50 minutes. The main difference is that I was never bored during Braveheart. And that Gibson's performance was SOOOOO much better than Crowe's.
July 23, 2017
This movie is a great movie that I can watch over and over. Definitely my top 5
½ July 18, 2017
A powerful movie that's just as much about family as it is about gladiators.