Gladiator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gladiator Reviews

September 4, 2017
This movie doesn't vex me.
September 2, 2017
One of my favorite action films of all time!
August 18, 2017
This Is My Favorite Ridley Scott Film Of All Time.
½ August 18, 2017
One of my top 5 movies of all time
August 16, 2017
Gladiator is an epic one mans fight for freedom -- with a stunning direction from Ridley Scott and his more artistic way of visualizing a historical flick like this one. It got many pleasing moments of action & tension, and some character moments is seen on screen, even if more would have enhanced the experience a lot more! Still; it's a stunning and surreal movie that really deserves its praise!

Personal rating: 80/100
Critical rating: 80/100
August 12, 2017
Are you not entertained?!
July 28, 2017
Gladiator is a truly wonderful film, with a brilliant presentation, characters and actors. While some scenes could have been stretched out further (including the early battles and the death of Maximus' family, to really hit home his loss), it doesn't take anything away from a wonderful film from start to finish.
July 27, 2017
Its absolutely stunning to see the brutality of the Colosseum, the governing of an empire, an unrelenting revenge tale and some history mixed together into one masterpiece.
July 24, 2017
It's big, it's glorious... and it's Braveheart. I happened to watch this movie the day after seeing Braveheart, and I couldn't but notice that it's essentially the same movie with gladiators instead of scotsmen. They even have the same runtime of 2 hours and 50 minutes. The main difference is that I was never bored during Braveheart. And that Gibson's performance was SOOOOO much better than Crowe's.
July 23, 2017
This movie is a great movie that I can watch over and over. Definitely my top 5
½ July 18, 2017
A powerful movie that's just as much about family as it is about gladiators.
June 22, 2017
There is absolutely no way this movie is a 76%. This is up there with Alien as Ridley Scott's best movie.
June 21, 2017
Russell Crow is maybe an asshole to deal with while production, but he sure knows how to act !! Ridley Scott, director of the fabulous Alien franchise, brings us a magnificent movie, full of great battle scenes, beautiful decorations, great acting and a story that is full of heart, sadness and revenge, all while entertaining us. The beginning may seem a bit boring, but don't worry, it's not considered to be an epic film for nothing, it's one, if not, the best history/war movie I've ever seen !! Recommended !!
June 20, 2017
An outstanding film featuring superb performances. AAW GGWD. 1001
June 17, 2017
my favorite sword and sandle film ever brill this is why ridley scott can still direct film because he has this and alien and blade runner on resamay and he is living on past glory
June 14, 2017
"Are you not entertained?" Yes, yes I was.
June 6, 2017
Ridley Scott + Hans Zimmer -- need I say more?
June 1, 2017
Russell Crowe - Brilliant. Action - Brilliant. Political Intrigue. Motivation. Character Development. This movie is great. Admittedly, the ending is quite cheesy, but the rest of the film is grand as ancient Rome.
½ May 22, 2017
Great cast but the duration is too long I feel?
May 15, 2017
It was a really good movie with a great story!