Gladiator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gladiator Reviews

July 24, 2017
It's big, it's glorious... and it's Braveheart. I happened to watch this movie the day after seeing Braveheart, and I couldn't but notice that it's essentially the same movie with gladiators instead of scotsmen. They even have the same runtime of 2 hours and 50 minutes. The main difference is that I was never bored during Braveheart. And that Gibson's performance was SOOOOO much better than Crowe's.
July 23, 2017
This movie is a great movie that I can watch over and over. Definitely my top 5
½ July 18, 2017
A powerful movie that's just as much about family as it is about gladiators.
June 22, 2017
There is absolutely no way this movie is a 76%. This is up there with Alien as Ridley Scott's best movie.
June 21, 2017
Russell Crow is maybe an asshole to deal with while production, but he sure knows how to act !! Ridley Scott, director of the fabulous Alien franchise, brings us a magnificent movie, full of great battle scenes, beautiful decorations, great acting and a story that is full of heart, sadness and revenge, all while entertaining us. The beginning may seem a bit boring, but don't worry, it's not considered to be an epic film for nothing, it's one, if not, the best history/war movie I've ever seen !! Recommended !!
June 20, 2017
An outstanding film featuring superb performances. AAW GGWD. 1001
June 17, 2017
my favorite sword and sandle film ever brill this is why ridley scott can still direct film because he has this and alien and blade runner on resamay and he is living on past glory
June 14, 2017
"Are you not entertained?" Yes, yes I was.
June 6, 2017
Ridley Scott + Hans Zimmer -- need I say more?
June 1, 2017
Russell Crowe - Brilliant. Action - Brilliant. Political Intrigue. Motivation. Character Development. This movie is great. Admittedly, the ending is quite cheesy, but the rest of the film is grand as ancient Rome.
½ May 22, 2017
Great cast but the duration is too long I feel?
May 21, 2017
This Is My Favorite Ridley Scott Film.
May 15, 2017
It was a really good movie with a great story!
May 1, 2017
I'm so terribly vexed!
April 3, 2017
People think this is one of the best movies of the year?? Wel, it has been a bad year. GRATUITOUS violence - to the point of absurdity. And Russell Crowe? Well, we know he can play somber. Totally UNMOVING experience.
½ April 3, 2017
Good movie that was almost great but needed better editing choices. All of the actors are awesome and it was perfectly cast. I love the battle scenes. But some of the plot choices were dumb. Still, very entertaining.
March 25, 2017
An historic epic from director Ridley Scott. Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix & Connie Nielsen were awesome. Recommended!
March 24, 2017
Ridley Scott's attempt to Spartacus is pretty good
March 20, 2017
There is a lot to say about my favorite movie, but I will be brief.
The film combines the best of the peplum, spectacular scenarios, action, human feelings and the best way to make an uchronia, with a history and solid characters that the actors make even more firm of what they are.
Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix are perhaps the best of the film, a transcendent and memorable film that embodies the resurrection of the genre and the best you can find in an epic film.
March 20, 2017
Ridley Scott's most epic movie to date (not including the lame-duck that was 'Kingdom of Heaven'). Decent performances, particularly from Phoenix are drawn out of an impressive cast, supported by the films stunning production value & Scott's masterful visual eye.