Goat Reviews

• Nov 27, 2018

Goat es el lado crudo de la trama de comedia cliche que hollywood nos vende ,visto de la manera real y cruda de la vida universitaria, es la profundidad que un film debe lograr cuando de impacto se habla.

• Nov 26, 2018

If young men taking 1hr30mins to finally realise that being a bit of a dick actually makes you a bit of a...you know...dick is your thing, then this is for you. It's a muddled mess, not ever confident of what tone to take and never 100% sure of what it's actual point is.

• Nov 14, 2018

So this is what goes on in fraternities!?! At what point does a movie about hazing become an instance of hazing for the audience itself? This film seeks to answer that question, I believe.

• Nov 07, 2018

Powerful. I wanted to punch all the frat guys in the teeth. Makes sense. The director takes you into the souls of the pledges. Shows why fraternity hazing is on the way out. Misogyny, homophobia and jock bravado. It's all there thankfully and shows how shallow the bullies are. A very good film for freshmen and women.

• Nov 04, 2018

"Goat" não é uma ode ao machismo. É um filme vislumbrante e profundamente perturbador sobre rituais e troças. Schnetzer e Jonas maravilhosos!

• Oct 03, 2018

Goat is a surprisingly effective film about the dangerousness of hazing. Was it over the top? Honestly, I’m not sure. I’ve never been in a frat so I couldn’t say. But the film does portray some of the ugliness of what goes on in fraternities and sororities

• Jul 28, 2018

If this movie was supposed to shocking, it was not. I'm pretty sure most of us knew that fut of control frats are, well, out of control frats. Take gallons of alcohol with boys who are getting their first taste of management without their parents intervention, some even younger boys who want to get to that level of management, mix in some beautiful drunk girls who trigger testosterone waves among virgins and non-virgins alike, and then throw in the first week of college, rush week and more alcohol, what could go wrong? If this movie was supposed to show us that 18 year old boys are in fact boys and get scared about their lives when bad things happen, I think most of us knew that. We fetishize that idea of going of to college as a rite of passage and then remove every safety net available and stick them in an institution that pretends education is more important then the money that is coming in. Again, what could possible go wrong? Outside of the urination incident, pretty much everything that happened to those boys when rushing that frat happens to every boy who rushes any frat. Your truly included. The movie tried to have a plot which tried to blame the resulting incident on the frat (which ultimately failed, there are a dozen better scenarios could have come up with if they wanted to show a frat getting in trouble) wrapped car-jacking incident and then ends. Dumb. Don't bother

• Jul 23, 2018

Ben Schnetcher plays a powerful lead of a 19 year old that has been assaulted and ready to join a fraternity. His brother played by Nick Jonas comes across as a hard ass but as the movie plays out you can tell he has good intentions. This movie at times was hard to watch during some of the hazing scenes...

• May 09, 2018

I read Brad Land's memoir a few months back and it makes for some pretty grim reading. Brad was subject to a brutal robbery after leaving his brother at a party. After months of recovery he decides to follow his brother to university. His brother is already a member of one of the most notorious fraternities on campus and the story follows Brad's attempts to survive their 'hell week' so that he might gain acceptance from both his brother and his friends. What follows are various hazing trials, bullying and a generally unpleasant time. The focus is on the relationship between the brothers, Brett's guilt over not being there when Brad was attacked and his struggle to protect him during the hell week. Both the memoir and the film show fraternities for what they really are, organisations run by a group of meatheads, looking for any excuse to bully and intimidate.

• Sep 24, 2017

yuck, men and boy men suck. savages. bless brad's heart and his hot brother brett's protectionism. good emotions work by both.