Godzilla Resurgence (Shin Godzilla) Reviews

• Apr 11, 2021

Me parece una película impresionante, con un ritmo interesante que nos va contando poco a poco el resurgir de gojira y es increíble lo que lograron los efectos especiales en esta película tomando en cuenta de que está producción solo costo 15 millones de dólares

• Apr 07, 2021

I can see why die-hard Godzilla fans hate this film but I have to applaud the filmmakers daring and risk taking to make this new version of Godzilla. The craziest thing is how the humans take front and center in this one and they aren't silly or over-the-top, but provide some stirring insight of how they handle the threat of a giant monster. Still, many hate it for being so different.

• Apr 05, 2021

I am a huge Godzilla fan ever since I was young which is rare for a person to be one especially in the UK since not many of these movies are not really available in DVD/Blu-ray format; until now that is with Criterion releasing the complete first film series on Blu-ray last year and now with Legendary's Monster-Verse films as well which has sparked a lot of interest in Godzilla now than ever before. However, the big spark for it was back in 2017 with the UK release of SHIN GODZILLA by Neon Genesis Evangelion creator Hideaki Anno. I did have to wait when SHIN GODZILLA came out on blu-ray, and the wait was worth it. SHIN GODZILLA is on par with the original 1954 classic; the story being a very interesting take on the character with a small team devising a plan to stop Godzilla, and it is well structured with the different camera angles in that gorgeous cinemascope format. I loved Godzilla's new bloody design that really shows off that he is the pure villain and the rest of the CGI was brilliant especially for a modern-day Japanese film. The soundtrack is spectacular, both hearing the original Akira Ifukube tracks and the new Shirō Sagisu tracks is a great combination. So overall SHIN GODZILLA is one of the best films in the franchise, and if it weren't for this film I wouldn't have gotten into Evangelion series/films. I highly recommend this film to any Godzilla film in general.

• Apr 04, 2021

Pretty cool twist to Godzilla

Pretty cool twist to Godzilla

• Apr 02, 2021

It starts out VERY cheesy but it's still one of my favorite Godzilla films that I've seen. The first form of godzilla looks awful. Not even b movie awful, way worse. But it gets much better from there. If you like classic Godzilla movies, this is a modern take on that formula, focusing on the more realistic behind the scenes government response of the attack. Overall there's a lot of scientific stuff going on in this film that I haven't seen in others like it. Lots of good detail and a bit of bad detail.

• Mar 31, 2021

It works because it is different and brings something fresh and new to genre and has some great action. I give it a B+

• Mar 27, 2021

I am a die-hard American Godzilla fan. Have been since I was a kid. Own most of the movies. Had lotsa figures. Got my son into it too. I kept seeing comments about Shin Godzilla so decided to finally pick it up. What a mistake that was. Of the 25+ Godzilla movies I've watched, this is the worst. By far. It felt like 1h45m of watching Japanese politicians talk about what to do about Godzilla, and 15m of Godzilla. For the first 30m I honestly thought it was a mistake and I had a bootleg of something else. I couldn't believe this was supposed to be a Godzilla movie. When Godzilla first appears, it was laughable. As someone else already joked, googly eyes on a rubber suit?! In 2016?! And I don't want to spoil anything, but the new weapon they gave him was laughable too. It looked cartoonish. I could not wait for this to end. Sooo boring. If watching politicians in meetings for the whole movie sounds interesting to you, with absolutely no character focus or sub-plots, have fun. But if you enjoy the other Godzilla movies, where there's side stories, people trying to help, Godzilla actually doing stuff, etc., then I would recommend avoiding Shin Godzilla.

• Mar 21, 2021

WHY DOES GODZILLA HAVE GOOGLY-EYES?

WHY DOES GODZILLA HAVE GOOGLY-EYES?

• Feb 22, 2021

This movie may feel slow and dull at times when the human characters do there thing, but it ultimately helps to quantify the immense task of humanity facing off possibly the most dangerous incarnation of Godzilla in his cinematic history.

• Feb 20, 2021