Godzilla vs. Megaguirus Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

While it's not as good as the last movie that used the "Godzilla 2000" suit, it is still a fairly entertaining movie.

• Aug 26, 2019

I am Godzilla fan, so I like this. But I don't think this movie is worth watching to non-Godzilla fans. I like; Magagirus design, Maganuron human attacking scene. The movie is cheepy overall and the battle bet Godzilla and Megagirus lacks a sense of tension.

• May 23, 2019

Look, I love Godzilla. But I could not keep my eyes open during this movie! I also had no idea were the heck it was going. Come on Toho, you can do better!

• Jan 04, 2019

A deliciously stupid modern-era Godzilla rumble, in which soldiers and scientists who have been personally wronged by the monster (having lost friends and family to collateral destruction) attempt to remove him from the Earth by way of an orbiting black hole cannon. Even the early Godzilla plots would be ashamed by the utter inanity of a weapon that fires an uncontrollable matter-eating vortex, and that's saying something considering their nonchalant use of microscopic tribal princesses and scheming alien cockroaches. This complete disregard for the slightest hint of reality actually makes the pedestrian scenes more inadvertently entertaining than the stereotypical monster mayhem they introduce, a reverse of the typical formula. What scientific nonsense will they flaunt next? The King of Monsters himself appears sleek and mean in his beefy, manga-influenced Godzilla 2000 suit. The physical effects - building-stomping and plane-swatting - look no more convincing than in the past, and the CG elements are somehow even worse. One exception to that is the big guy's infamous fire breath, a surprisingly impressive visual that plays very well in the climactic battle. The fight scenes are drawn-out and slow, foreshadowing an enemy weakness for far too long, but the brainless plot makes for playful, hilarious viewing. Even if that's just a happy accident.

• Oct 06, 2018

The movie was fantastic. Love the fight and actions scnes.

The movie was fantastic. Love the fight and actions scnes.

• Jan 09, 2018

the story and human characters are poorly written, but the fight scene were decent most effects are good and bad in some scenes. Megaguirus is one interesting and unique looking kaiju created by Toho. She was freaking terrifying looking especially with that face, I like the idea of her being this giant menacing dragonfly kaiju, it would be cool to seeing her in future Godzilla movies

• Feb 01, 2017

A good one too! Good action, ok plot, but again a good Godzilla film!

A good one too! Good action, ok plot, but again a good Godzilla film!

• Sep 17, 2016

Godzilla galores throughout this, typical monster movie. Possesing great battle sequences and tons of action. Godzilla vs megaguirus is a more mature Godzilla film. But is pretty typical of a godzilla. But nonetheless great.

• Feb 11, 2016

The people of Japan come up with a new scheme to rid themselves of Godzilla, but it goes horribly awry and ends up creating a swarm of giant bugs who also wreak havoc on Japan and also spawns a queen, dubbed Megaguirus. I suppose the novelty of Godzilla fighting swarms of monster bugs is something not in prior films, but it wasn't really all that interesting after the initial attack. Then once Godzilla starts fighting Megaguirus, it was pretty standard, but the special effects were better than most Godzilla films. However, as with the rest of the millennium Godzilla films, the getter special effects seemed to somehow hurt the corny charm of a man-in-a-rubber-suit smashing miniature Tokyo, but they may just be my own nostalgic hang up.

• Mar 26, 2015

This is the 24th part to the japanes Godzilla series. It so such better then Godzilla 2000 which is not good. It is better then most of the Godzilla movies made before it. The 25th part to the japanes Godzilla Mothra and King Ghildarh giant monsters all out attack is better. Still this is a great movie see it.