Gone Girl Reviews

• Jun 06, 2019

Didn't read the novel but I loved the movie!

Didn't read the novel but I loved the movie!

• May 28, 2019

Beautifully executed film. There's a mystery lurking behind an almost satirical story of modern marriage. The characters are knowingly cliche, and somehow we like them more for it. The story "teased out in me things I didn't know existed". The only mistake you can make is to take this film too seriously.

• May 18, 2019

um ótimo filme. pontos altos pelas reviravoltas, as meaclagens do tempo e narrativa. os protagonistas tambï¿ 1/2 (C)m se encaixavam perfeitamente. levando em consideração que ï¿ 1/2 (C) adaptação de um livro, a história fica longa e poderia emagrecer um pouco, ainda assim retï¿ 1/2 (C)m a atenção atï¿ 1/2 (C) o final.

• May 14, 2019

Rosamund Pike is perfect and chilling. Finally finished this movie on a plane to China about 4 years after starting it on a plane home (from Korea, I think? maybe Puerto Rico?)

• Apr 21, 2019

Talk about a mind twisting scenario ! Compellign performances, litterally unending suspense and surprisingly relatable characters make this a great movie to watch now and again !

• Apr 03, 2019

An investigation thriller where the investigation is completely irrelevant once you reach the middle of the movie, and onwards it keeps being irrelevant to the plot and the resolution of it. A man is acused of the desapearing of his wife, and does as much as he can to show he doesnt care about her at all. Who is the audience suposed to root for in the end? I still have no idea. A white, straight marriage at its finest.

• Mar 18, 2019

A masterpiece, with an excellent rosamund pike acting

A masterpiece, with an excellent rosamund pike acting

• Mar 17, 2019

It is directed well, and it has a strong edgy start, but this was also very dark and mean. When the tone changes, it completely falls apart to a gray, unwatchable movie. Filled with implausibility and no logic or common sense. You'll be better off skipping this one and watching David Fincher's other work.

• Mar 14, 2019

i had to resist going to the toilet. the story takes some "harsh turnes" but sucseeds to keep you engaged! Grad ing and cinematography are on top, and Ben Afflek and Rosamund Pike kill it!

• Mar 08, 2019

A dramatic investigation leads into mind numbing twists. David Fincher's Gone Girl (2014) is a stylized thriller with chilling surprises. Gillian Flynn's story is disturbing and creative with a fresh perspective on the crime thriller. Fincher's direction complements her writing with his sleek, smooth camera shots of clear violence and open sexuality. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' score is more subdued than his work on The Social Network or The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Ben Affleck is a snooze of a lead unfortunately. I never liked him as a person, nor I have ever been convinced by his acting. He is just so lazy and mundane looking. His glazed over expression carries over for most of the film. He does capture the essence of a terrible husband, unsympathetic loser, and a strange decision maker. At least, you are not supposed to like his character as he is a jerk, but Affleck pulls off unlikable with ease. Rosamund Pike is the real star of Gone Girl. Her character constantly gets talked about, but once you start following her perspective, the whole film changes lens and meaning. She is chilling, yet charming. Pike deserved all the acclaim she received for Gone Girl as she is subtle and unnerving throughout Gone Girl! Carrie Coon is fantastic, likable, and sympathetic as Affleck's sister. She is very genuine and funny, while adding a dramatic depth to Affleck's side as you care about her. She gives the emotional performance he cannot. I was impressed by the dramatic turn from both comedic actors Tyler Perry and Neil Patrick Harris. They felt completely believable as their respective characters in Gone Girl. I hope they continue down a more serious film path, but who knows. Also, Kim Dickens is hilarious as the hard boiled detective with a witty arsenal of comebacks and remarks. Lastly, I suppose I should mention supermodel Emily Ratajkowski's acting is pretty good. She out acts Affleck in her introductory scene, then proceeds to get two more memorable moments. She did alright. Everyone else is forgettable or passable in their minor roles. In all, I'm not sure that I like Gone Girl so much as I appreciate. It's a great story told beautifully. The acting is mostly solid with a few standout roles like Rosamund Pike. I think Ben Affleck's lack of charisma or energy is what will always hold Gone Girl back for me. I'd honestly rank this as my least favorite David Fincher film, but it's still a decent film.