Gotti Reviews

• 6d ago

The fact that they play modern hiphop to the film while telling a bunch of lies, and trying to cram everything together made it confusing. At least "Witness to the Mob" and the HBO version got it right. Gotti didn't sneak out the back of a dentist appointment to kill anyone. It's hilarious watching it this failure of a film.

• Sep 30, 2019

Now I know this thing has horrible reviews and justifiably so, but I didn’t think this is as bad as it is receiving. Yes, the ending is awful and random, yes the writing is just as messy. No, John Travolta wasn’t as bad as everyone is making him out to be. Travolta and the actor who played his son were the most enjoyable parts of this film, still poop though

• Sep 19, 2019

This very well may be the worst movie I've ever seen in my life.

This very well may be the worst movie I've ever seen in my life.

• Sep 17, 2019

This was a sh*t show from start to finish. Travolta's acting was abysmal and evidenced in every frame of this disjointed dreck-fest. If Gotti were alive, I suspect he'd have put a "hit" out on Travolta and the producers of this movie (and justifiably so).

• Sep 17, 2019

A bizarre tribute to awful men with even worse acting. The mix of VHS archival footage and re-enactments make this feel like something you'd expect to see in a direct to DVD release. Half a star is probably 3 more stars than it deserves.

• Sep 17, 2019

Travolta did a good enough job with what they gave him. However, there is no story. It’s is simply a series of events that do not combine to form any sort of story.

• Sep 12, 2019

Critics put out the hit on Gotti

Critics put out the hit on Gotti

• Aug 05, 2019

It's so bad that I couldn't help but sit and watch for 105 minutes.

It's so bad that I couldn't help but sit and watch for 105 minutes.

Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jul 22, 2019

John Travolta stars as the notorious New York mobster John Gotti, the Teflon Don, in the compelling crime drama Gotti. The film follows the rise of John Gotti from a low level henchman to head of the Gambino Crime Family, along with his ultimate conviction and incarceration in federal prison. Travolta gives a strong performance and has a solid supporting cast that includes Kelly Preston and Stacy Keach. However, the writing is kind of weak. Told in flashback, it's not always clear when things are occurring or Gotti's position in the family hierarchy. Still, the storyteller motif, of Gotti telling his story to the audience, works fairly well. And the soundtrack and score are especially good and adds a lot of energy to the film. It comes off as a little bias (highlighting the support that he had on the street), but Gotti provides an interesting look at one of the most powerful crime bosses of New York City.

• Jun 21, 2019