The Green Mile - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Green Mile Reviews

½ February 11, 2017
(First viewing - Early 2000 in theaters)
February 7, 2017
Based on the novel of the same name by Stephen King. Prison Warden Paul Edgecomb (Hanks) had never encountered someone like John Coffey (Duncan) on death row before, a massive black man convicted of brutally killing a pair of young girls. Coffey had the size and strength to kill anyone, but not the demeanor. Paul begins to doubt that Coffey actually committed the crime he has been sentenced to death for.
February 1, 2017
Great emotional movie.
½ January 31, 2017
The overly long but fascinating story about tolerance and forgiveness. Probably too sentimental but in overall it's a powerful experience.
½ January 26, 2017
Stephen King is freakishly genius.
I watched this movie when i was 10 year old. but i can't forget it until now. If i have four thumbs, i'm gonna give all of them to this movie and , of course, Mr. Stephen King. You did a very good job ??????
½ January 23, 2017
A finely acted, well written drama, with Tom Hanks in the role of the corrections officer miraculously cured by a death row convict.
January 7, 2017
One of the best films made. The acting, script and character development are spot on.
Normally following a very well written book the film disappoints but not with this film.
January 1, 2017
"The Green Mile" is as compelling and emtionally impactful as a movie gets. This movie is a top notch drama that will leave you in tears by the end of it. It may be three hours long, but the movie kept my interest the whole way through and it felt much shorter. The performances are great all around and the story is a profoundly moving one. It's not a film I can see myself watching again and again, but it is one I feel should be experienced by everybody at least once. It's a shining example of the power of cinema.
December 29, 2016
By the end, I wanted to be strapped into the chair.
December 25, 2016
At a runtime of three hours, "The Green Mile" is a long movie, but it is one that is touching, brilliantly acted and absorbing.
½ November 28, 2016
A little long but that doesn't take away the overall impact of the story.
½ November 27, 2016
Beautiful in every sense of a review. Tom Hanks once again has proven he is arguably the best actor of his generation.
November 21, 2016
this movie is phenomenal everything about this film is well done the acting the scenes and the plot very well done
November 11, 2016
The Green Mile

This movie talks about a black man who's found in a field, holding two little dead girls in his arms. At that time, America is still very racist and so the man gets death penalty as sanction, without someone even asking if the black man is actually guilty or not. Waiting to be executed by electric chair, the black man is waiting in jail. He meets a white watchman with whom he develops a sort of friendship. But, what is going to happen after? Is the watchman going to do something to save this innocent man?

The Green Mile is a mix between a dramatic and a fantastic movie. It makes us realize that America during the Great Depression isn't great for black people, and that justice is far from being fair. The movie has been adapted from the novel of Stephen King. However, I can't tell you if the book is better than the movie because I haven't read the book.

I could talk for hours about this movie because it is such an amazing movie. I'm the kind of person who cries a lot in front of movies, but this one made me cry even more. It is a moving, smart and original movie. Tom Hanks just as Michael Clarke Duncan make of this movie a movie you need to go see. So, don't hesitate! You will have no regret.
½ October 25, 2016
Movie Review: Final
Few movies capture the triumph of the human spirit as memorably as Green Mile. Starring Tom Hanks as Paul Edgecomb, Michael Duncan as John Coffey, and Sam Rockwell as Wild Bill. John coffey a big African American was convicted of murder to 2 small girls, walks the green mile. Paul and 2 other guards who look after Green Mile and the prisoners are unexpectedly surprised of Johns kind and well mannered behavior. Paul is having trouble believing that Coffey committed such a crime, Which also makes it hard for him and the other guards to believe they can carry out coffey's sentence. Some of the strengths of the movie is the exception and responsibility of his sentence even how unfair it is, the actors are very great and play their role perfectly, even the bad guys in the movie. There was only one weakness that Green mile had which was the Length, it was a 3 hour movie. So sit on the couch, and eat some popcorn, and enjoy one of the most longest but greatest movie ever made, this uplifting story filled with mystery, sadness, and some brilliant acting.
October 18, 2016
One of the few movies that has managed to make me cry.
October 14, 2016
One of the most touching movies
October 13, 2016
The most beautiful, emotional, and moving movie I have ever seen. It was breath-taking.
September 13, 2016
Only movie I have ever actually sobbed like a little girl. Brilliant. Loved it.
August 24, 2016
Frank Darabont showcases his talent of adapting yet another Stephen King novel. The Green Mile actually had me captivated. I loved every minute of it. Frank Darabont's career skyrocketed when he did Shawshank Redemption, but it is still in orbit when he made this. A dramatic prison story with supernatural elements in it. That's what this movie is. Simple, yet genius.