Haiku Tunnel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Haiku Tunnel Reviews

December 2, 2013
I just have to say that if you ever worked as a temp, contract employee or any variation and have not seen this movie you are really missing out. Haiku Tunnel one of the funniest, dark humor movies ever.
½ September 21, 2013
Another one of those movies that just magically ended up in my queue. Probably appeared in a "Best Indie Movies" list somewhere. Anyway, it's an amusing office comedy, definitely low budget but still fun. It is certainly no Office Space, but it has it's moments.
August 6, 2012
Low budget Indie that tried to be OFFICE SPACE. As one who once considered becoming a paralegal, I found this flick kinda dull. Lawyers are crazy, secretaries are overworked, blah blah blah.
August 1, 2012
Almost simalar to the office space this indie made film, about a bold loser being a temp in a office that dominates his life. literally. after becoming the world biggest procrastinator he embarks on a ride that will blow you away. trust me on this. their is narration, comedy and truth or relating to a crummy job, if you've ever had one. it's filmed in the city i love; San francisco so i give it a thumbs up, not that it needs it. the formula works and i enjoy this comical movie.
½ April 20, 2012
a wanna be 'office space' without the good actors and not as funny as
August 13, 2010
I watched this on pay tv last night. If you've ever worked for a temp agency, esp. a clerical service, you'll have to call up your co-sufferers and watch this movie together. You'll be falling out of your chair laughing at the same scenarios you've encountered in your employment. Well, maybe not all of them. But still, its cute and very much right on, but skillfully lifted to a slightly symbolic level. Oh, and if you haven't worked for a temp agency, watch it anyway. It's funny and smart comedy. In a similar vein as the movie, After Midnight, in which the main character, Paul, tries to get home from his job in the city, but is detained time after time again, in increasingly scary and exhausting ways, until it's time to go into work again. The kind of a movie that feeds on our common, silly nightmares in which a simple task never seems to get done.
½ July 12, 2010
This movie is HBO right now - I can't stand it - it made me crazy in a very bad way. Josh is extremely unlikable and this film may be the most effective way to fight the war on terror.

It is certainly more evil than waterboarding.
½ April 1, 2010
Um. This movie was very strange. Also, Josh Kornbluth seemed very smug and his attempts at being 'meta' and ironic were pretty lame. It was just a very...strange...film. And I laughed, I dunno, once? Once. And the budget must have been pretty low. Either that or this was actually shot in the 90s, as it looks.
June 6, 2009
I saw this movie before I saw "Office Space" - and I've got to say that this is far superior.
February 10, 2009
As a person who has temped in "San Franclisco", I have a special affinity for this movie. However, I did not have the opportunity to a) have an all-night adventure involving 17 Very Important Letters, b) work at a law firm abbreviated S & M, or c) impersonate a tax lawyer. This is why I enjoyed living vicariously through this delightful film.
November 13, 2008
Josh Kornbluth is my hero in this movie. Earth could use many more of him...but I suppose that would defeat the purpose.
½ September 6, 2008
I picked this film up cheap on a whim, it looked like a potentially funny way to spend an evening. I found myself not sure whether or not to laugh, it is rather annoying and not really funny. Was only able to make it through a half hour of this horrible thing.
July 22, 2008
Office Space with fat people
July 21, 2008
Some people really loved it, I thought it was just okay.
July 17, 2008
An innocuous comic indie about... the transition from TEMP to PERM. Now, I've been a temp in my life, and with the exception of one gig, I've never wished to go permanent with the places I've been assigned, so I'm not seeing the big deal, but, the flick is good to not take itself seriously.
July 10, 2008
As a male temp legal secretary in San Franc(L)isco who "went perm," I think Josh Kornbluth hits the nail on its legal head. Helen Shumaker is a laff riot as the secretarial supervisor. A couple of fairy-tale developments detract from the real-life anecdotes, but unite all into a cohesive whole.
June 12, 2008
I loved this. Office Space captured the tedious nature of office toiling, this movie - I thought - captured the unambitious lifestyle of a guy "just hangin in there." Perhaps the only movie ever to be made that simply showcased a few days in the life of a well-intended procrastinator. They should make a sequel to this... This guy goes to grad school.
May 21, 2008
Is this not the story of my life? A story of procrastination that emulates my own (minus the tacky work shirts).
½ May 5, 2008
Get ready for a major spoiler: a bald guy is a temp for office work. He acts wierd...the end. One of the top ten worst movies I've ever seen.
May 1, 2008
I laughed longer and harder at this one than I did when I watched Office Space. The undulating bed is FANTASTIC! haha.