Halloween - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween Reviews

½ March 19, 2019
Some interesting twists along with the expected scares.
March 18, 2019
Excessive unnecessary language in this version. Whatï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 )s the point of all that? Not as put together as some of the others. But an ok flick.
March 18, 2019
Halloween more than makes up for the sequels and one of the two films in Rob Zombies reimagining. It's clever , fun , and the kill count is plentiful.
½ March 17, 2019
It;s halloween. Nothing new. at least it's better than the other sequels.
½ March 17, 2019
The best Halloween sequel and a excellent homenage to the 1978 movie
½ March 16, 2019
Sin duda una buena forma de traer de vuelta a tan ilustre personaje. El enfoque de la historia, especialmente en la dinámica de la víctima y presa, que tan de importancia está a día de hoy, es el mejor acierto de la película, incluso aunque piense que el final podría haberse llevado de forma algo distinta o que ciertos personajes no me queden tan claros en su retrato.

Pero por lo demás es altamente disfrutable y la recomienod a todos los fans de la saga.
March 15, 2019
For a supposed climatic ending, the final Halloween movie for this generation is void of the quintessential elements of what make horror/thriller movies captivating. From the variety of predictable sequences or the progressions void of suspenseful music, I was unfortunately dissapoointed with the delivery of the film. The highlights were noted in the scenery, the script, and the essense of the new generation. Nonetheless, the execution of the movie from the rushed scenes and stiff camera movement are a few things that make this movie fal short. I am sad to say that the trailers were better than the movie itself.
½ March 15, 2019
The idea is decent, even though its oldschool. But, with it follows a bunch of oldschool stupidity. Sure its a movie plot, and in a plot some holes might get trough intentionally or not. But, seriously, if this happened irl, things like this would never happen the way it did in the movie to the point of again stupidity. First, if a bunch of mega psychopathic killers escaped, and the police knew, not only would they warn people to stay inside and lock their doors, they would patrol the streets with busses together with a full army of police to fetch people up, to move them to a secure location (nope they let kids run around playing no problem xD). Moreover they would hunt these killers down, again with an army of police. It would be on the news everywhere Nationally so that even people in other states would know about it.The mother that wanted to kill the murderer might have choosen to stay behind (if she could escape the police that would otherwise force her to come with them). And if she would be able to she would not be stupid enough to stand next the the doors with little windows that you can clearly open by breaking lol. She would stand 1 meter from the foor and shoot the sucker in the face, you know with the tactical shotgun she had with her!?! haha. In the end *spolier* all three of them have shotguns and yet even when the maskguy is beaten down they still manage not to shot him in the face or even the "centermass" in a way that is deadly. Nono they have to burn the hole house down to take him out hahaha seriously??? anyways, I guess to some extent this was okay like in the 80 early 90s, but 2018 when it was released? yea not really. PS: Also the students are beyond stereotypical xD and that dude that she is suppose to be with and his jelly friend.. he is clearly a gigant douch, and his friend is cleraly suppose to be the less attractive since he is overwieght? xD the blond girls dude is more realistic for sure however so it's not all bad haha.
March 14, 2019
Definitely one of the better sequels to the original classic. That said, it suffers from a lack of atmosphere and tension, due mostly to editing and dramatic shifts in tone from serious to comedy, many times in the same scene and line of dialog. Ultimately the male characters are forgettable and clichés, bad ones at that. I would have rather they focused on the three main Strode women than wasting our time letting us know the male characters around them are fools. On the upshot, we get a Michael, both in mask and physical presence that is the best since Nick Castle and the original altered Shatner mask. Jamie Lee is wonderful and Carpenter's return to scoring the film is a triumph. It could have been better, but as is, one of the better sequels we have been given in the franchise.
March 13, 2019
I am a die hard horror / thriller movie buff... but this one disappointed that I never watched it past where Michael is in the Lori's house. There are many scenes that even the worst slasher movies did not do.... when the cop, doctor, and Allyson are in the police car. They see Michael and run him over. They get out and the doctor kills the cop. HUH?? Ok.. so I keep watching.. all of a sudden Michael has been put in the back seat by the doctor that has only one good arm and obviously not as large as the Michael character. I am like.. yea right. This is stupid. I would not waste my time with this one. Watch Rob Zombie's version. Much better acting and story.
½ March 13, 2019
A true Sequel to Halloween. It brings back the Halloween Feeling, But being it own movie, Jamie Lee Curtis brings it her all, amazing performance. The cinematography is one of the best yet. Its a must see
March 12, 2019
We finally have a real sequel to the original movie. This one is true to the characters (many of them from the first movie) and it has several moments that make you 'jump'. A real spell binder and a good movie for this time of year. Ticket! (previous versions, except the first, were skip it!)
March 11, 2019
Far to unrealistic. Too many opportunities to kill Myers. a good twist when the doctor killed the cop. A tough genre to crack.
½ March 11, 2019
Terrible. Almost unwatchable. Boring. Not really sure why they needed to make this?
½ March 9, 2019
I like the ending and the "plot twist" but a few clichï¿ 1/2 (C)'s that i kind of threw me out of it (Like a girl running away and slipping, come on!). But i really enjoyed the rest.
March 8, 2019
Pleasantly surprised on how good this was. Will Patton was great.
March 8, 2019
Though this film isn't as sharp as the original, the nostalgia drives this direct sequel to the original forward rather effectively. C
March 8, 2019
This was a great sequel to the original. I feel like they did the original justice and between the music, the kills and the directing it felt like i got some good vibes of the original.
March 6, 2019
I liked how they included modified death scenes from the previous movies into this movie, however Myers death scene towards the end was very pathetic.
March 4, 2019
great film IT WAS AMAZING!