Halloween - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween Reviews

½ January 17, 2019
great follow up to one of the most important movies of all time
½ January 16, 2019
Simply a terrible movie, horribly written and very lazily done over all.
January 16, 2019
This movie doesn't conclude anything. Pointless teenage drama, and people act so stupidly!
½ January 15, 2019
If only they didn't give away all the scary parts in the trailer. Then I probably would have liked it
January 15, 2019
Couldve been longer movie .and more scaryer.other than that loved it
January 15, 2019
I get what they were doing: forget everything and just watch the first one, then this one. And now in the wake of #metoo, it's women fighting back. I like that idea a LOT. But wow, was it a sloppy mess to get to that point. I tried to turn my brain off and just roll with the fun along the way, but the "message" and shlocky treatment of characters were deeply unsatisfying. I just found myself with a puzzled look throughout and kept questioning things then trying to return to just having fun... but it really just wasn't. A few scares, a few cool moments and even a laugh kept this from being 1 star, but ugh, I felt like it could have been better. I surely wouldn't sit through it again.
January 15, 2019
The sequel we been waiting for
Don't get me wrong I love all the Halloween movies
But this one really holds up to the original and references to the other movies are in this and it's not force awakens shoved down your throat and it's not a copy and paste of the original it brings back old things yes but makes them better by adding new and fresh things I give this movie a solid 9.5/10
½ January 14, 2019
Very predictable and not the promised special sequel. I expected a lot more.
½ January 14, 2019
joyless nonsense with no scares....and one of the dumber last acts out there
January 14, 2019
I WAS GOING TO SEE HALLOWEEN 2018 AND I LIKE A LOT. I WOULD LIKE FOR THE SEQUEL: THAT MICHAEL IS ENCLOSED IN RAPID DRYING CEMENT. MICHAEL COULD HAVE A RELIGIOUS CULT OF FOLLOWERS IN THIS FILM. I ALSO LIKE THE ACTORS, ANDY MATICHAK, JOSH HARTNET, JAMIE LEE CURTIS AND JUDY GREER, (THE CHILDREN OF LAURIE STRODE) AND THAT WITH A MILITARY TRAINING ARMS AND MARTIAL ARTS COMBAT THE CULT OF MICHAEL. AND THAT WITH A CELTIC OR DRUID EXORCISM CAN DESTROY THE IMMORTAL SPIRIT OF MICHAEL MYERS.
January 14, 2019
Halloween was a thrilling, bright adventure, with suspenseful but also funny moments throughout. Definitely four stars.
½ January 14, 2019
Actually a pretty good movie. I was wondering how they were gonna pull this one off and make it good but they did it. Worth checking out if you like slasher movies.
½ January 14, 2019
Seeing this film only once I have to say I knew what to expect, never went in expecting too much, just the neutral Halloween film in general with its back-to-basics formula but came out-stunned on much feeling went into this film. Michael Myers was finally the evil and animal Loomis said he was back in the '78 you knew when Michael was on-screen and a normal human being was as Michael is a pure savage animal. Not many will agree with me on this but I feel like the twist with the Dr did do something more than just make me cringe, it felt difference it delivered difference; it wasn't expected. The deaths remains as graphic as the dreadful RZ Films but contain a level of brilliance and scale to them without loosing their meaning. Jamie Lee Curtis obviously gave her all for the role and did it with experience and emotion like never before, H20 will never compare to this one, unique and so sad...I felt for her. The new generation kids-Miles, Allyson, Vicki, Oscar and Cameron have the best introductions, some smaller and utterly despicable in-character, the performances of all five are brilliant and realistically compelling. Now, let's talk about this little gem, Julian the first child character to make me laugh, the actor was chosen well and the script for his character was definitely something to deliver the gags and reasonably so, he was hilarious. The new edition to the Strodes; Karen and Allyson does make a difference to the film and Laurie's character-the distance she has had from them, there isn't much to say about Karen but near the end, she does prove herself a badass just like her daughter, Allyson who is the definition of a modern day Laurie Strode. John Carpenter returns to do the score with his family behind him in creating the score, so you can push on how much imagination and creativity was put into this score, the result of it all came to 100% every score some with all melodies from the classic, every score had all the elements that made the original score as classic as it still is today. Overall this film may not make a difference in the entire franchise but as a direct-sequel to John Carpenter's Halloween it completely delights all fans as a totally respectable instalment.
January 14, 2019
Exactly what I need to watch with boxxy software on Halloween!
January 14, 2019
It was done really well! Michael Myers is as cold as ice in this film. Best one in the series since Rob Zombie's Halloween in 2007.
January 13, 2019
I didn't go into this movie with high hopes, but I honestly was not let down. I felt like it honestly could've been a bit longer and I don't think it really got boring almost anywhere. The last scenes had me gripping the seat. Definitely a movie I'll be happy to watch again.
½ January 13, 2019
This sequel to John Carpenter's legendary slasher film is far from original but still highly effective. After a string of terrible follow ups it seems the key to making a decent Halloween sequel was to remain true to the original and have the final girl take down the killer once and for all. It's not perfect in multiple ways and suffers from plot holes but due to the lack of horror movies released in 2018 I'm giving Halloween more stars than it deserves and hope next year is a better one for the genre.
January 11, 2019
Halloween (2018) is surprisingly relevant. The whole movie is nostalgic. Michael Myers has never been this scary before. The movie has incredible gory kills by Michael Myers. Jamie Lee Curtis does her finest as Laurie Strode. John Carpenter composes the movie so well. It wouldn't be a Halloween movie without him. Every scene has some sort of music in it and that's what makes it scary. The plot roles along so well, Michael he from escapes from his insane asylum after 40 years and goes on his killing spree. After he escapes you are on y the edge of seet. Halloween (2018) strips scenes from different movies and they just put in into a new one. They don't take enough risks in this movie, thats most of the problems this movie has. Overall Halloween (2018) is a great add on to the horror genre. It's been one of the nest horror movies since The Shining.
January 10, 2019
That was a surprise i wasn't expecting!! Very good!!