Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers Reviews

½ January 16, 2017
Okay I Liked this movie because they returned Michael Myers Which everybody wanted But I don't know if I should say If it was good Film Like The story was good Well Because THEY Returned Michael Myers Thank You Very Much I'll Give It SOMETHING Nice! OH AND HERE'S A COOKIE!
December 17, 2016
Its not bad, but it just gets annoying and old to see Michael Myers not die and do the same thing he always does. It also gets old seeing Doctor Loomis pursue Michael and save the day at the end. Altohugh Donald Pleasance's performance is still great. But the story in this is a little unexplained. Michael stops pursuing Laurie Strode, waits ten years to break out of confinement (prison or not) and pursues Laurie's daughter Jamie Lloyd (Danielle Harris). Now why don't they ever explain who Jamie's father is and how Laurie had a kid and how she had to let her go into foster care. Maybe to keep her safe from Michael? But we will never know because they don't explain it and the movie isn't very well at explaining her story. This film also isn't as scary as the others and doesn't have suspense and non-predictability that the original certainly had and the second film somewhat had. Also there is no Jamie Lee Curtis. The plot twist is very cool though but it doesn't make the film great like the first and second. But it is well acted, directed, and edited. So for that I'll give it three and a half out of five. It also has a crazy ending that makes viewers want to see the sequel.
½ November 5, 2016
Donald Pleasence and Danielle Harris were pretty good but the rest is mostly bland.
November 1, 2016
It's fun, and much better than Halloween III, but it could have been better and lacked scares like the first film.
October 31, 2016
An average film, with nothing too original or intriguing to hold onto.
October 30, 2016
While not as suspenseful or original as the first two, this Myers follow-up captures the Haddonfield atmosphere perfectly while adding some to the original story.
½ October 29, 2016
Even with Mikey's return, this film was way over the top in the kill scenes. Many totally unbelievable or way cheesy. The highlight is the ending, it gets a couple of stars by itself.
½ October 23, 2016
A decent attempt at making Michael Myers return. This movie is somewhat a good sequel just there were to many bad things in it for me to say it was a decent sequel. First off the mask was horrible, and the characters were kind've boring. Also in this movie it's almost like Michael can teleport. He gets from the roof to ground level in a minor 3 seconds. Donald Pleasance was Fantastic as his roll as Dr.Loomis. One last comment is how did Michael, and Loomis survive that fire. That fire was more of an explosion.
½ October 20, 2016
The dawning of the Danielle Harris era, this film is very near and dear to me. It was the first Halloween film I saw many years ago. What stuck with me so much was the ending. It's such a bone chilling moment. It has its issues with the story but overall it's great. I may be overly high on it for being sentimental to it, but. I don't care lol. Its one of my favorites!
October 16, 2016
Although it is very similar to the original, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers is at least a step up from the third entry.
½ October 15, 2016
Good but not great but still a good chapter in the franchise
October 12, 2016
Solid entry into the "Halloween" franchise not only for returning the focus to Michael Myers (after the misfire of "Halloween III") but also being a smart, scary film in it's own right. Donald Pleasance makes a nice return as Loomis, giving the same gravitas as he did in the first two films, while Danielle Harris, even at a young age, showed she was well on her way to her future scream queen status. Behind the camera, director Dwight Little keeps things moving quickly and effectively, with some smart touches, showing Myers taking proactive steps to cripple the town of Hadonfield before attacking while the police & towns people instantly react when he appears instead of trying to stupidly deny him. If there is a flaw in the film is that is moves too quickly, not giving enough character development for either Jamie or Michael (it's hinted they have a psychic connection, being uncle & niece). Plus, there is a missed opportunity in showing how Myers reign of terror effected Hadonfield (one quick but effective scene has a bunch of kids dressed as him for fun). Nevertheless, one of the best of the "Halloween" sequels, and a nice addition to the holiday rotation.
October 9, 2016
Good flick that brings back Michael Myers (Halloween III didn't have him). The little girl (Danielle Harris) gives a very strong performance and so does Pleasence. Halloween 3, 4,5,and 6 were missing Jamie Lee Curtis and this hurt the films in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though, I still liked this movie. I also liked the interesting ending it had... 6/10 OR 3/5
August 31, 2016
Halloween 4 is my 4th favorite in the franchise.I like it more than 3,5,6,and resurrection.But I don't like it as much as 1, 2, and h20.Halloween 4 has a really interesting dark atmosphere.The characters are well developed and and the acting is pretty solid.Daniel Harris , Ellie Cornel , and Donald Pleasence all do a great job.Many people really enjoy this sequel and I can see why.The death scenes are really cool and creative.Overall halloween 4 is a great sequel with a shocking and terrifying twist.

8/10
½ August 21, 2016
After the strange story of Halloween 3 comes a welcome return for Michael Myers, the true iconic figure of this film series. In this edition, we're back to basics and in typical horror style. We've got the psychotic killer that never dies on the loose, the female lead who should prove easy to kill, but never does, the eerie soundtrack, the topless female (who usually dies a horrid death), and a wealth of random actors that are only cast to get butchered. This is all we want from these movies and we have it aplenty here. There's still a real presence from Michael Myers that puts him right up there as one of the best villains in cinema, he doesn't say a word, yet is as menacing as ever. Whether it's the costume, the music, the superhuman strength, or the ability to jump out at scare at any given moment, these movies just creep me out every time. In this particular version, he wakes up from the coma he fell into after Halloween 2, and goes in search of his little niece. Of course he can't go from A to B as simply as that, and he manages to find the longest route in order to showcase the talents he has at slaughtering members of the town. My particular favourite is opting not to shoot someone after obtaining a shotgun, but instead impaling them on it, despite it being the bluntest object known to man - guess that makes it just all that more horrific. There is a particular reference to demonic possession in this concept which I've never picked up on in previous films so the ending was quite original, unpredictable, and well worked in my eyes. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this to be quite as well thought out, but I guess you don't get the rights to become a legendary horror without thinking outside the box every now and then. Great film, from a classic series.
August 5, 2016
A great return for Michael Myers, but not as great as the first two Halloween films in (1978) and then in (1981). Even though Moustapha Akkad went back to the basics of Halloween like he's said in interviews, he takes it in another direction though. The film follows Jamie Loyld (Danielle Harris) Who is living with the Curuthers. Rachel (Ellie Cornell) is forced to babysit Jamie after their babysitter cancels. Rachel cancels her date with Brady. That night Michael returns to terrorize and murder his niece and too kill anyone one tries to stop him or gets in his way. Dr. Sam Loomis (Donald Pleasence) also returns. He tries to put a stop to the mad man once and for all.
The acting and performances were done nicely. Cinematography and the look of the film was great. It looked more realistic and looked like they took it up a notch.
Everything was done well and it wasn't the best sequel, but it is worth buying and watching. Totally better than Halloween III.
July 24, 2016
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988) C-88m. ?? D: Dwight H. Little. Donald Pleasence, Danielle Harris, Ellie Cornell. Mute psycho killer Michael Myers returns to Haddonfield to kill his seven-year-old niece (nicely played by young actress Harris). Well made but ordinary horror entry.
July 13, 2016
I know I am in the minority here but "Halloween 4" is my favorite sequel of the bunch, (yes even more than "Halloween II") particularly for Danielle Harris' performance.
½ July 10, 2016
Though not as good as the first two, Halloween 4 is a memorable, dark, and mostly appreciated entry! Even though Donald Pleasence returns as the trench coat wearing hero of the first films, we are introduced to new targets for Michael. With Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell playing sisters who try to survive the night, you can really feel for them and want to see them make it. With all that said, give this film a watch for your Halloween fix!
½ July 10, 2016
Very very very 80's blended. A little too much 1980's incorporated into the film. It has suspense and a few scares, but overall it was too bland and didn't do anything spectacular. The direction of the film was just not very good.