Hannah Gadsby: Nanette Reviews

• 12h ago

Worst Stand-up I've ever seen. Super confused by the tomatoes score...

Worst Stand-up I've ever seen. Super confused by the tomatoes score...

• Mar 22, 2020

This comedy special is one of those comedy specials that are so much more than just something that'll make you laugh. I felt a wide variety of emotions watching "Nanette" and think this is one of the more memorable comedy specials out there. I thought there were funny parts, emotionally raw moments, and overall lots of powerful statements this show made. If you're looking to laugh a lot, I think there are funnier comedy specials out there for sure. However, if you're like me and appreciate stand up as an art form, I think this special is one that is effective and entertaining and can't be missed.

• Mar 17, 2020

Probably the worst special I've tried to watch!!

Probably the worst special I've tried to watch!!

• Mar 16, 2020

The most intelligent deconstruction of life and comedy.

The most intelligent deconstruction of life and comedy.

• Mar 15, 2020

A masterpiece. Just, a masterpiece. I can't believe she managed to write and articulate her story so well, in a way that disarms the audience so and allows you to consider things from her perspective. She is a brilliant writer.

• Feb 20, 2020

Nanette is not a typical "comedy special." It does require you to think and maybe open your mind to other people's life experiences. I have rewatched Nanette several times and I laughed many times during each viewing, but to the close-minded critics: it's not all laughs. Nanette has brought me to tears, too. It is powerful. As a woman, I have experienced many of the same things as Hannah. Most women have. If you think these experiences are inaccurate or rare, you aren't really communicating with the women in your life. This is what sets Nanette apart as something really special. It is one of the top five things Netflix has produced. Hannah Gadsby is a voice we need.

• Feb 17, 2020

C'mon, what on Earth was this?

C'mon, what on Earth was this?

• Feb 14, 2020

There's no jokes or punchlines.

There's no jokes or punchlines.

• Feb 12, 2020

This was literally the worst stand-up comedy I have seen in my entire life, and I have seen a lot of bad stand-up.

• Feb 11, 2020

I have no idea WHERE the 'reviewers' of this movie pulled their assessments out of, but they don't have a single clue about stand-up comedy. This special is not mediocre, its not 'OK.' It is a literal waste of your time.