Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters Reviews

½ July 19, 2017
This movie is awesome, especially in 3D.
June 30, 2017
Uma fabula maçante! Que mal teve ter acontecido na vida de Tommy Wirkola, para ele profanar a criação dos irmãos Grimm, ha um mal gosto muito grande no ar, misturado com um pouco de burrice e falta de bom senso, colocar esse tipo de armamento bélico e um conto, foi extremamente grosseiro, sem falar na insulina e o dialogo pós-moderno. O roteiro de Wirkola é ridículo e grotesco, gira em torno de bobeira maçante de mentes obtusas, 3D não melhora roteiro nem direção.
June 11, 2017
I think this movie is fantastic! It doesn't take itself too seriously. The actors had fun, and it shows in how crazy the humor and action become as the story goes. I love watching the way the characters interact with each other, and the ending always has me smiling.
½ May 4, 2017
It's wildly uneven, but it is so visually rich and full of pitch-black gags that it does manage to pack a punch.
½ April 14, 2017
A feeble attempt to make witch hunter superheroes who curse like 2013 street.
½ March 29, 2017
This was better than I expected, but....really felt like it was lacking something but I don't know what. I liked the extra gore that the 15 certificate allowed but the swearing and the random nude scene felt really out of place. I enjoyed the effects (the witches looked amazing) but all in all it felt a bit meh, Not bad for some mindless entertainment though.
February 23, 2017
A few years ago Hollywood had been so keen to make these fairy tales into unconventional action movies. Entertaining only to some extent but pretty much that is it...
½ January 7, 2017
As much as the actors are having fun with the material they are given, the extreme lack of substance, story and character that causes this film to become a forgettable, that uses gore as its main source of humor.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 23, 2016
Grandi rumours per niente. Un vero flop di cui ci si aspettava tanto
November 11, 2016
Oh boy, this did not look good going in, and I was right. This is a strange meshing of modern weaponry and old-time fairy tales. The classic charters of Hansel and Gretel grow up to become bounty hunters of witches and monsters. They are equipped with machine guns, and elaborate gadgets. There is part of me that wants to take it for what it is and enjoy over-the-top explosive action mixed with magic. This could actually work, but the movie does not deliver those kinds of fast-paced thrills until late in the movie. The closing scene is the best and was just a taste of what this movie could have been. Instead, this movie attempts to make too much out of the characters and their back-story. Sometimes with a preposterous concept, the best thing to do is embrace the silliness. Join in on the joke and make a fun-loving spectacle with big action. I want to see the characters break the wall of reality down and make small jokes about the ridiculous things they are doing. Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton both play the part seriously, which is a shame. The same actors could have worked in an approach that is more self-aware. This movie went for all out exaggerated thrills; it just did not go far enough. It lands in an awkward middle ground that is hard to enjoy.
October 25, 2016
Total Badassery and love the humor and visual effects and Pretty Much Everything.??????
½ October 3, 2016
Surprisingly good action / horror film with very likable characters and folklore witch accuracy. Impressive and unexpected goodness.
September 15, 2016
I couldn't take this movie seriously after Jeremy Renner saying, perfectly seriously (spoiler alert) "When I was a kid, a witch made me eat so much candy I got sick." HANSEL HAS DIABETES GUYS. A pointless addition handled so poorly I laughed out loud. There were in fact a multitude of lines during this movie that made me laugh out loud when I clearly was supposed to feel tension or...well, honestly by the end I wasn't sure. Anything set in this era that follows a horror/fairytale story is usually an automatic yes for me. Hell, I sat through Van Helsing and enjoyed it - but the moment the two dimensional main characters stepped on screen, sporting incongruous outfits and uttering lines that sound as if they were written for a poor fanfiction, I clocked out faster than they could shoot up a witch's den - which I might add is an achievement. I mean, every five minutes, the screen was exploding with a shower of terrible CGI or corn-syrup sludge. I love Gemma Arterton, and Jeremy Renner - but they were wasted here. Their cheeseball characters didn't fit in the world set up to surround them. The script was "ye olde" one second and then completely ruined the developing atmosphere with an "OMG Hansel, I hate these witch assholes" line the next. I get the steam-punk vibes must have been what they were going for in costuming, but Hansel and Gretel must have stopped by the local budget store for their guns, because man, were they tacky. In short, don't do this to yourselves. It's not worth the frustration.
August 24, 2016
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters is a disappointing film. It is about Hansel & Gretel who are bounty hunters that track and kill witches all over the world. Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Tommy Wirkola did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
August 21, 2016
One of the best films I've seen. I literally LOVE this film!
½ August 16, 2016
Strange, but I liked the movie better the second viewing; I gave it a full extra point.
It's a shame about Mina. Giving the witches blues eyes was a brilliant idea. Edward really does grow on you. Cgi was excellent.
½ August 16, 2016
Bad acting, bad writing, bad storytelling make this a really bad movie. The characters range from completely flat to overblown charactures and the story fails on all sorts of levels. Just another bad adaption of a fairytale!
August 14, 2016
This was pretty hilarious. It's cheesy and ridiculous but entertaining too.
August 11, 2016
i liked it it was quirky and a little bit messed up and i thought it a highly under rated movie.