Happy Death Day Reviews

• 16h ago

Drunken adulterous slut keeps getting killed in some kind of Groundhog Day scenario. You'll be rooting for the killer.

• 2d ago

A fun and self aware throw away horror flick with an immensely likable lead and surprisingly well written. Enjoyed this one a lot more than I thought I would.

• 3d ago

Good horror plus suspense movie enrolling in a day twist good to watch for.

Good horror plus suspense movie enrolling in a day twist good to watch for.

• 5d ago

As a black comedy I enjoyed this film. Horror meets groundhogs day theme is still a fresh concept and a welcomed change of pace. Not much horror or suspense though if that is what you are after. The female lead really carries this film, so without someone like her in this role the film wouldn't have worked as well, so good job on the casting.

• 5d ago

Great time, also funny at some parts!

Great time, also funny at some parts!

• 5d ago

Happy death day is pretty fun, but it isn't scary what so ever.

Happy death day is pretty fun, but it isn't scary what so ever.

• Oct 03, 2019

Wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did! The concept works so well and honestly kept me entertained all the way through!

• Sep 30, 2019

Review: ‘Happy Death Day' is an American black-comedy-slasher film directed by Christopher Landon. I was pleasantly surprised by this movie; I went in not expecting much and ending up having a great time. I loved the dark sense of humor this movie had; Christopher Landon really isn't a well-known director. He did Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse which I personally love, and I think this movie was a very well-done movie for what it was. I thought he did a great job working in humor with this movie and taking the ‘Groundhog Day' experience, which has been over done in movies and made it feel fresh again. It follows a college student (Jessica Rothe) who is murdered on her birthday and begins reliving the day repeatedly, at which point she sets out to find the killer and stop her death. Now, nobody in this movie other than the main lead did a whole lot for me, but that's who you have your focus on. I loved Jessica Rothe in this movie. She is easily one of the best lead girls in a slasher flick, next to Neve Campbell (Scream). They make her very human and quite unlikeable, at the beginning, which felt very real for me. She grows and becomes a solid character through the movie and it's a nice arc for her character. It just felt realistic. This does have horror movie tropes as a lot of horror films do. It makes up for it when the humor and originality it brings, and it brings them both. It starts out strong throwing us right into the story with intense scenes and suspenseful imaging. By the time the second act comes around you kind of get disappointed because it almost turns into a different kind of movie. It goes from a fun slasher flick to trying to big a jump scare horror. It comes back to what it started to be in the final act, which is good, but I wish it stuck to its guns and kept that feeling the whole way through. Overall, this movie had a good plot that keeps you entertained throughout. You will watch this movie for Jessica Rothe, that is for sure. She was a powerhouse and threw herself into this character. I'm very excited to see the second one, and highly recommend this one. 3.5/5

• Sep 29, 2019

This film is a lot of fun. It takes something we have seen before and give it a horror themed twist. The story is very good in this film, and the comedy sprinkled into it is also very good. But it starts to feel very repetitive, and loses your interest in the middle section. Grade: B-

• Sep 19, 2019