Haunting of Winchester House Reviews

• Oct 13, 2013

Very bad acting, fair special effects, and a story that is just not very interesting. The entire production looks like it was green screened - you can see an outline around the actors nearly the whole movie. Ahh, maybe that is one of the special effects, Spooky! The box says the unrated and uncut version. Is there another? Maybe it is better than this one.

• Aug 06, 2013

Very cheaply made, uninspired ghost flick. I grew pretty bored with the characters and the overall plot was nothing. The little twist as the end is vastly unoriginal. It's sad that simple things as background bookshelves has to be green-screen, and the mansion looked very silly and small, considering that it was CGI.

• Jul 23, 2013

For an asylum film, all is expected. If it means anything, this is the scariest asylum flick ever made yet. Not saying much though. For the exception of one scene that scared me (probably because I was bored) the rest of the entire film is neither scary, suspenseful or fun to watch. The pacing is slow. It doesn't keep your attention. Awful acting and campy dialogue. The ending was sort of a surprise but that doesn't impress enough to bring the movie up a notch. Typical The Asylum film.

• Jun 15, 2013

pretty good movie worth watching once or twice great twist at the end if the movie

• Apr 25, 2013

greaaat movie!!! especially loved the ending!!!! that was huge plus for the movie!!!!!

• Nov 22, 2012

An honest attempt at a ghost story that falls from poor acting and logic throughout the film.

• Nov 03, 2012

What could have been over in 30 mins was drug out painfully.

What could have been over in 30 mins was drug out painfully.

• Aug 12, 2012

Want to be. But not. The twist is good, but too much of the movie doesn't make sense.

• Aug 09, 2012

What's happening to horror movies,very bad movie,first of all the house is not the real Winchester house in San Jose,story is horrible and action is slow.I gave it that for the endind.So for this being one of the worst horror films that I have seen I gave it a D-.

• Aug 05, 2012

Okay but a total Sixth Sense ripoff. And the ghosts just look like dirty people. And I swear the ripped off Creighton Duke from Jason Goes To Hell too.