Hellboy Reviews

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    3h ago

I don't really get the intense vitriol directed at the 2019 Hellboy. I mean it's not especially good, it's certainly worse than both del Toro movies, but the absolute dogpiling it got doesn't seem 100% warranted to me. There does seem to be a lot of mismatches in the developmental process that are very apparent in the final product though.

• 6h ago

Acting was fantastic, story was kinda all over the place but was exciting to watch.

• 13h ago

suck.. poor acting,movie low quality compare to the precedent one .....hell-boy look go to 9 to 4

what an effin disaster

what an effin disaster

• 1d ago

I enjoyed this adaptation of The Hellboy comic more than the Ron Perlman version. Idk why people are hating on it to be honest.

• 1d ago

Péssimo filmes, história sem sentido, efeitos fracos.

Péssimo filmes, história sem sentido, efeitos fracos.

• 2d ago

A little gory but had a great sence of humor loved it

A little gory but had a great sence of humor loved it

• 3d ago

Hope you weren't looking for sequels. So this is about a paranormal investigator demon (David Harbour). There are forces at work that are trying to reunite the severed body parts of the Blood Queen from centuries ago (Milla Jovovich), so you know that can't be good. He and his team are the only ones that may be able to stop it and give this world a fighting chance. Now I like the Guillermo del Toro films from over a decade ago, but not to the point where I feel passionately about them. They are fun little diversions and I think the creature designs are terrific, but I've never read these comics, and the movies never spurred me to pick them up, either. When they announced that they were rebooting the franchise, I was nonplussed at best. I know that director Neil Marshall has his followers, but he's not the guy to get if you want your movie to make money (The Descent I believe is the only exception). Well, it looks like the moviegoing masses shared my sentiment because this was a gigantic bomb, failing to recoup even half of its $50 million budget. Now to start things off on a positive note, I do like the casting in this. I think David Harbour is perfect for the role now that Ron Perlman is approaching the age of 70. Harbour really embodies what I know of the character, even though he's not doing a whole lot different than what Perlman did in the original two films. I also really liked Daniel Dae Kim as this mysterious military type, but I've always really enjoyed his acting ever since Lost. Really though, that's about all the nice things I have to say about this. Hellboy is not terrible, it's just dull, and that has everything to do with a boring script. Right out of the gates, you know that this has been done before, you know that this has been done better, and you know that this has been done to death. It's just like watching someone play a tired Dungeons & Dragons campaign; there is hard rock in the background of every action sequence, there are giants, and there's even King Arthur and Merlin. Now, this is supposed to be a fun action thriller, and I do think that a lot of this could have been salvaged if it was funny. All of the comedy in this falls extremely flat because the only thing that Harbour is given in this department is to tell these lame dad jokes that just make you groan. Another big problem that this story has is that all of the main characters are constantly healing. This makes it feel like there are just no stakes in the face of Armageddon, so why should you care? It's the same exact problem that they had in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and I will tell you: that is not a good movie to ever be compared to. This passes the time, and I do have goodwill towards the actors, but when your climax rips off the lackluster Mummy reboot, your movie is just drowning in problems.

• 3d ago

I thought this was more than good.

I thought this was more than good.

• 4d ago

Don't see the point of making a reboot if your nearly making the same movie again.. but worse.. then just see the first instead... passed the the time, but nearly not..