Her Reviews

• Nov 14, 2019

This film is an absolutely hard pill to swallow. Some may find this film hard to get through whether that be through the emotional value or the development, but either way, the viewer should find something to keep them going if something isn't quite driving them, whether that be the capturing color palette, the stealing performances, whatever it may be, I really hope this movie gets experienced more. This is a very intelligent and unique film with vision and voice.

• Nov 12, 2019

What starts off as a strange concept at best quickly turns into a well made romantic drama with alot of charm. The performances are great, and Joaquin Phoenix once again sells another hard-to-sell role. All in all it's a Must-see film for all cinephiles, and lovers of romantic dramas.

• Nov 04, 2019

I'm lying on the moon My dear, I'll be there soon It's a quiet and starry place Time's we're swallowed up In space we're here a million miles away There's things I wish I knew There's no thing I'd keep from you It's a dark and shiny place But with you my dear I'm safe and we're a million miles away

• Oct 24, 2019

One of the weirdest movies I've ever seen, a powerful performance seeing as the majority of the movie follows Joaquin solo. Overall I found the movie the narrative unbelievable and that is what prevents me from giving it a better rating. The acting is fantastic, but be warned the fashion of the future is horrendous.

• Oct 20, 2019

Fantastic drama, very deep and emotional

Fantastic drama, very deep and emotional

• Oct 20, 2019

Made with heart and care. Her, brings the best performance of Joaquin Phoenix and shows relationships differ from technology and humanity.

• Oct 19, 2019

An amazing romance even action fans can enjoy that exquisitely captures the inevitability of future technology.

• Oct 19, 2019

Joaquin Phoenix absolutely killed it. The concept is really strange and hard to take seriously, I'm not gonna lie, but he really made it into a real story. If you like strange movies, I recommend this one.

• Oct 16, 2019

This film was a poem from start to finish. Joaquin Phoenix delivers a catastrophically sad but strong performance despite acting almost entirely towards only the voice of Scarlet Johansson. The movie itself is a fantastic comment on the relationship between human and machine, and the promise of it's development. The script is nothing short of brilliant, and the scoring undeniably compliments each scene. The cinematography is magnetic and consistent. Constant themes of relationship difficulties mirrored in all of Samantha's (Johansson) more technological antics. The great acting and realism of Samantha has the viewer back and forth on if she is in herself alive, despite being factually inanimate. The possibility that she could truly just be a computer simply mimicking human emotion. This film is unlike any other by how covertly it has the viewer emphasize and pity the protagonist. For despite her being flawed and emotional, she is a computer at her core.

• Oct 15, 2019

Her brings up a lot of interesting topics throughout the movie, for instance: Both romantic and platonic love, loneliness, and technology. While you follow the main character, Theodore Twombly, around during his daily life you begin to notice all of these themes connecting. It's a beautifully captured movie that leaves you thinking about your own experiences regarding love and loneliness. From the heart-wrenching moments to the seemingly mundane, there's no doubt you'll be fully invested in it. I believe this movie is so beautiful to many people because it's relatable for most people and it illustrates the bittersweet feeling of being in love and the lack of control you feel in it. It also portrays different types of relationships extremely realistically, almost to a degree that it might be mildly uncomfortable but I believe that discomfort is very powerful. The ending wasn't as powerful as it could have been, but I think that may have been purposeful because of the nature of the character's relationship. This movie brings up a lot of interesting questions that you find yourself asking when you finish watching it. I found myself relating to this movie a lot more than I thought I would. I don't see that as an unfortunate thing because I'm glad I got to experience the things that I have experienced already in my lifetime because if I hadn't, I would be a very different person. Overall, I think the success of this movie lies in the hands of the people who most relate to it, personally I really enjoyed it.