Hereditary Reviews

• 1d ago

The evil plan is so well executed that the protagonists never have a chance. I realise fatalism is the theme, but I missed the part usually included in demonic possessions where there is some investigation, revelation, and attempt to fight back. The lack of hope made the story seem too mechanical.

• 2d ago

Set design :very good Acting:very good Cinematography: good Directing: not good Music: only scary thing in the movie Story: utter crap Editing: bad, bad, bad what was the ending about. I think they edited in the wrong scenes.

• 3d ago

This movie would've been better if it had been made by Blumhouse or any other Hollywood director.... Most people mistake dullness with "artistry"... The director of this Ari M. has good ideas but doesn't know how to make a good pace/rythm...in other words, he is boring, I never thought I'd say this but this movie could've benefited from any Hollywood horror directors

• Jun 25, 2020

The first quarter is super and makes you really invested. Unfortunately, the rest of the film just does not live up to the groundwork that was established early on.

• Jun 25, 2020

Hereditary is a terrifying, but engaging film to watch for movie critics. Although the plot may be confusing, it becomes the birth of a new horror century. Hereditary deserves it's own throne in horror history, and will not upset people new to the A24 studio.

• Jun 23, 2020

Hereditary isn't as impressive as a horror film as critics made it out to be. Since this is artsy horror, it's of course destined to be more divisive than more cinematic horror like "The Conjuring" and the 2017 version of "It". It is directed well, Toni Collette's performance is excellent, it does a decent job handling the topic of grief and there are very good scenes, most notably the dinner scene. Its principle flaws come from its slow pace, unintentionally hilarious moments and a twist that has subtle foreshadowing but also involves a very convoluted plan that relied on NOTHING going wrong. If you're more used to horror movies that spoon-feed you exposition...this isn't for you. But, if you keep an open mind like me, you might like, if not necessarily love Hereditary. We can unanimously agree that Toni Collette deserved an Oscar nomination, however.

• Jun 21, 2020

Not a lot of jump scares, but definitely the most horrifying film this decade! Excellent cinematography - the tone is spooky af. The actors are amazing - Don't miss it!

• Jun 20, 2020

Hereditary is truly chilling, rivetingly shot and commanded by staggering performances from Toni Colette and Alex Wolff. Ari Aster's unsettling genre masterpiece will leave you with your skin crawling.

• Jun 19, 2020

Started with so much promise with great leads and acting but then explicitly descended into a mish mash of the the wicker man plus the conjuring (Insert most horror Genres) Colette was brilliant but Byrne is sleepwalking and getting paid into his roles as usual. The directing was fantastic but it was such a shame that it lacked actual direction

• Jun 19, 2020

Bloody hell that was scary.

Bloody hell that was scary.