Hesher Reviews

• Nov 28, 2020

Slow moving story with ok characters. It did pretty much just pass the time.

Slow moving story with ok characters. It did pretty much just pass the time.

• Oct 21, 2020

Hesher is a very underrated indie movie that can actually improve the genre single handedly. It is also one of the best Rainn Wilson and Joseph Gordon-Levitt movies so far. Once you see it, it's hard to forget it even though there ins't any insane Midsommar moments.

• Oct 20, 2020

I liked this very odd movie that is NOT for everyone. Joseph Gordon-Levitt gives a great performance as Hesher. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it's about, but I did like it. One minute I was laughing and then I was feeling sad the next minute. Check it out if you want to see something different.

• Oct 16, 2020

An original take on a trite formula, Hesher bridges drama, and comedy with finesse. It doesn't really go anywhere by the end, but come into it with this in mind and you'll be pleasantly surprised with one of the most overlooked films of the last decade.

• Jul 24, 2020

Levitt gives one of his best performances of his career and to think it's largely under-looked. A must see for dark humor and Joseph Gordon-Levitt fans

• Jun 15, 2020

Its story is lacking but its performances at least make it watchable, even if there isn't any reason to root for any of these characters.

• Jun 11, 2020

The feel good family movie of the year, for Hesher types. Or should I say Famuly Noir. Having come from tje streets, you can't expect him to behave normal or rational. I've worked with those like him and he's right in character. Acting is solid, but if you find it a bit too depressing, well, that's life. It's amazing how quickly good lifes can go bad. Painfully enjoyable, but not something I'd revisit. Not my kind of film

• May 22, 2020

Un film leggero e spensierato che intrattiene senza problemi portando ottimi dialoghi e personaggi ben caratterizzati. Non si percepisce una vera e propria destinazione ideologica e narrativa, in un finale che finisce un film così come lo aveva iniziato, senza una presa emotiva sufficiente nello spettatore.

• Jan 17, 2020

When I was a kid this EXACT copy Hesher guy lived across the street. He taught me all kinds of demented behavior. This movie is an all-timer.

• Sep 04, 2019

one of my all time favorite movies. the child actor devin brochu probably now all grown up...doesnt an outstanding job here playing his character. I just love this film ...I fell in love with TJ and if you have ever survived the loss of family member...or if you are stuck in an environment of zombies....this movie is for you...not for the faint heart...makes you laugh, makes you cringe, makes you cry...so well done. no one disappoints here..