High Road Reviews

• Oct 08, 2019

Funny road movie, sweet and light.

Funny road movie, sweet and light.

• Dec 01, 2018

A reasonable easy to watch film. Not one I would want to see again though.

A reasonable easy to watch film. Not one I would want to see again though.

• Oct 26, 2014

Pretty funny, not really what expected, I didn't have hihg hopes but this certainly took the high road and delived some great laughs and some deeper thoughts at the end as well!

• Jul 02, 2014

This movie is a slow starter, but if you like awkward, uncomfortable comedy, It's AMAZING!! This is far and beyond a stoner comedy, perfect for college kids and stupid-humor fans. TONS of swearing and awkward, stunted speech, which just adds to the charm of the movie. Dylan O'Brien is perfect as the 16 year old tag-along and James Pumphrey KILLS it as the weird stoner dude. It's not incredibly believable, but it is absolutely hilarious, and has a happy ending. Easily a new favorite. :)

• Jesse O Super Reviewer
    Jul 27, 2013

Get it? The movie's called High Road because the movie involves a stoner who goes on a road trip with a 16 year old kid. Ha ha! The wit! Seriously though, this film isn't bad. It has a good cast and some clever lines, perhaps a little on the inconsistent side, but certainly a more than solid watch. I don't have much to say really, it's a fun little movie if you're looking for something quick that doesn't require too much brainpower to sit through. I think it could've been a little better, it also could've used a little more Ed Helms, whose talents were severely underutilized here. Perhaps Ed Helms being in the movie, if even for 5-10 minutes, helped the movie get some funding and they can also use him for promotional posters to get people familiar with The Office or The Hangover interested in it just because he's in the flick. But, again, while he is an important character in the story of Fitz and Monica, he doesn't get that much screen time, which is unfortunate. As mentioned, the film is pretty good with a talented cast, it could've been much better but I can't complain too much with what I got here.

• Jul 01, 2013

The improvised scenes of High Road give the film a real strong visceral feel that still feels light, believable, and engaging. The fantastic performances by every single actor only further improve the experience. It's only a shame that the story is so predictable and tired.

• Jan 22, 2013

"I just wanted to watch a funny senseless movie. I'm really bad at picking these since they always turn out to be crap. But hey, at least I always finish them. This was a little bit funny. But mostly just bad. I'm not sure why I thought this would be funny. I just always end up picking odd movies. Some are really rare jewels and some, like this one, are just huge turds. Yep I said turds. Obviously I won't be giving this one a second look. You may like this though. What I think of as a turd can be a jewel for you. LOL. Ok I'm gonna stop saying turd and end this.. TURD! Yeah I'm a little immature."

• Nov 05, 2012

"High Road" Is A Great Film From First-Time Director And UCB Co-Founder Matt Walsh. The Film, Which Was Made Using An Improvised Script, Is An Impressive Directorial Debut. Nothing Feels Forced And Everything Works. The Entire Cast Scores, Especially Morgan Walsh In A Hilarious Cameo. The Story Is Both Intelligent And Poignant, With Fully Realized Characters. This Film Is Even Better Than The Best Of Judd Apatow. Matt Walsh Is An Immensely Talented Comedian And Has Proven His Directorial Talents With This Brilliant Gem. "High Road" Is Without Question One Of The Best Comedy Films Of The Decade. I Absolutely Love This Film!!!

• Sep 27, 2012

Personally, I loved this movie. It was awesome.

Personally, I loved this movie. It was awesome.

• Sep 19, 2012

High Road revolves around a down on their luck musician that has resorted to dealing drugs as an income and a 16-year old kid that is trying to get away from home. For being completely improvised and on a low budget, was down right hilarious. Aside from a few moments/lines you might not even notice there wasnâ(TM)t a script. That said, it is filled with witty one-liners and heartwarming scenes. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.