The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Reviews

October 27, 2016
If a klutz could be a snob - this thing will put you there. A fun look at what the universe looks like on drugs.
½ October 19, 2016
Unique. Definitely unique. There was always something going on. An ADHD dream movie concept. Monty Python meets Galaxy Quest. Rating: 7 / 10
½ September 13, 2016
Unlike the never seen before, inspired by the radio series and a novel.
September 12, 2016
the book was beter but i still loved it
½ August 18, 2016
Overwhelmingly silly, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" resembles a weird mashup of Monty Python and "Doctor Who" that's a whole lot of fun.
½ August 13, 2016
Entertaining and fun concept with a great comedic style and surprisingly good visuals, but sometimes it feels all over the place or confusing.
½ August 11, 2016
Better and funnier than its reputation. There are some aspects that don't work (the Vogons are particularly unfunny) but many that do. The main cast all do a pretty good job. Some purists won't like it because it deviates from the radio some, but then so did novel and the tv version and people liked those. Worth a watch.
August 9, 2016
I'm not sure what to rate this movie because I really enjoyed the first half, but had to cut the movie short to attend to other things. When I returned to watch it, I just couldn't get into it.
½ August 7, 2016
I will forever guilt myself for not having watched this extraordinarily odd but classic tale sooner than I did.

Galaxy succeeds in nearly every necessary way. The whole plot, in its entirety, is an extremely clever and eternal blend of ambiguity and razor sharp comedic timing, with a revering and long lasting journey across the cosmos all told from the eyes of a director who can also create visually striking images that help push the story forward.

If anything, though, the cast is to blame for the extremely well laid-out tone among the film. The chemistry and interactions between each and every actor/actress make it seem like what's going on in this far forsaken tale is actually normal.

'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' is not only clever from a comedic standpoint, but succeeds also in its visual story-telling of extreme abnormalities that make this seemingly goofy film good and pure refreshing fun.
½ August 6, 2016
Good movie but the book is better
July 30, 2016
Finely crafted, clueless comedy with a lighthearted center fold.
June 30, 2016
A movie for and and every mood. Excellent and quite true to the books!
½ May 29, 2016
A funny sci fi film that takes us to a tour for the galaxy using a ship based in the uncertainty quantum principle. Very creative.
April 24, 2016
Very imaginative and with cool points of view to what may be, hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy is a fun ride, but much like the hitchhiker, you're not really expected to have any ideas of your own. You're just there to be take the ride. Also, I'm starting to feel Martin Freeman's not really acting, just being himself in every movie.
April 3, 2016
??? Good attempt. If you see this and like it, the book will blow your mind. ???
March 5, 2016
While slightly disappointing, as an Adams fan I had to love every second of the movie. And with Adams himself manning the screenplay, I don't think we're ever getting a better adaptation.
½ February 16, 2016
Arthur journeys through space after Earth is blown up.

Following Earth's destruction, Arthur finds himself travelling through space with his odd friend, a girl he recently met and a fugitive space president.

This movie has plenty of random fun and laughs while we journey through a strange and different universe on the run from the unpoetic and red-tape obsessive Vogon's.

There's plenty to enjoy, though I have to admit I'm not sure how it relates or whether it respects the original TV series or book.
February 1, 2016
Not the most faithful adaptation of the source material, but captures the spirit of the novel wonderfully. Funny, smart, fast, witty, and decked out with a fantastic cast, this film instantly joined the list of my favorite films of all time after the first viewing.
December 31, 2015
The effects aren't bad and Martin Freeman makes a very decent Arthur Dent, but the writings of Douglas Adams are of such whimsical scatter, which really doesn't translate to film all that engagingly.
½ December 22, 2015
i dont understand a thing