The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Reviews

½ April 1, 2018
Funny and sometimes clever.
December 24, 2017
I had read the book its adopted from ages ago, got to say it's no way near as hilarious as the original work. Having forgotten much of the story I was left baffled by the absurd misadventures, the occasional humor seemed forced. It's got a stellar cast but the story just didn't click for me on the big screen.
October 9, 2017
This is definitely not for everyone. Some will find this hilarious, and others will find this obnoxiously horrendous. I don't think I've ever laughed harder in my life.
September 19, 2017
It is a strange kind of British humor. If you like Monty Python, you will like this. The cast is amazing, and the special effects are good for the time. The Vogon costumes are almost all practical, done expertly by the Jim Henson company.
It's an unusual movie, but very funny and a good time for all.
September 16, 2017
This movie was ok. I just happened upon in while I was in a hotel room with a dead laptop and cable tv. I enjoyed Sam Rockwell the most. Space is always cool though. I like science fiction and british people too. Zoey is obviously always a pleasure as well.
September 14, 2017
A great adventure that never gets old. Imaginative costume, great music, and lovable characters. Every time I hear the phrase "don't panic" I want to watch this movie
July 30, 2017
Haven't rewatched recently so fudging the rating
July 13, 2017
such great source material, such a strong cast ... such a mediocre movie. Not bad, but the 1980's tv adaptation is so much better and truer to the books. A disappointment.
July 12, 2017
Space + Brit humor + cool cast = Instant Favorite
½ July 10, 2017
4.5/5. One of the most bizarre movies I have ever seen, but The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has an excellent cast and is never not entertaining.
June 5, 2017
Awesome movie of amazing, bring the star of the Hobbit, with a incredible story, only fails on be unfamiliar with book himself.
½ May 30, 2017
While the stellar cast, visuals and delightfully absurd ideas should have added to a wonderful quirky ride, the overall experience fell as flat as the initial answer to life the universe and everything. Gags feel forced, motivation for movements throughout the galaxy are befuddling and not one character is interesting enough to keep viewers fascinated by their journey. Yes, I know it is meant to be a quintessentially Red-Dwarfian style comedy but even the wackiest of tales needs a backbone to bend around. By the halfway point the script was so bland I didn't laugh over twice in total at this movie's attempts to be wacky. For a film that relied on hyperspace jumps to get from one place to another, it felt as slow as a snail climbing a buttered drainpipe.
May 14, 2017
pretty funny movie. Decided to have a look again.
CGI is not too bad actually.
fun pastime :)
May 4, 2017
This is a bad movie that makes no sense. It will leave you discombobulated and wondering what on earth you just watched. (First and only viewing - 7/22/2014)
½ April 23, 2017
A perfectly okay smart little space comedy.
½ April 3, 2017
This sci-fi "Alice in Wonderland" shoots for the moon at every turn...which means it's bound to miss (more than) a few times. Moment to moment, it's a strange and absurdly funny space-fantasy about time & purpose. The cast is amazing, with Rickman's dry & impressively designed Marvin a standout. But as noble as it is in its ambition & earned quirk, it's sadly a huge mess. I've never read the books, but from what I've heard & what is onscreen, it seems like too much lore was shoved into too little time.
½ March 30, 2017
Hitchhikers is not only clever from a comedic standpoint, but succeeds also in its visual story-telling of extreme abnormalities that make this seemingly goofy film good and pure refreshing fun.
March 20, 2017
awesome movie and cool storyline
March 2, 2017
Kind of ridiculous.

Earth man is saved from the destruction of earth and travels the universe.
½ March 2, 2017
The Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy is one of the funniest, and most cinematic ally pleasing films I have seen, though it has some bland romantic moments, it makes up for it with its hilarious gags, and amazing animatronics and cinematography. Truly, one of the classics.