Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves! Reviews

• Sep 23, 2020

I can't honestly say I actually disliked this, but 'Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves' is very average. This second sequel of the 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' series sees, as you can guess from the title, the adults being the shrinkees (definitely not a word, but I'm gonna go with it) this time. In short, it's boring. It's very much a weak version of the 1989 original. I'm not saying I found the preceding two hilarious, but they do give a few chucklesome moments - this doesn't have any. Rick Moranis (Wayne) and Stuart Pankin (Gordon) are decent, while Eve Gordon is arguably a better Diane than Marcia Strassman; a meaningless debate mind you, as neither are all that great due to the way the film is. The kid actors are OK, with a (very) young Mila Kunis appearing in a minor role. The film ends, surprisingly, with a couple of positive messages. It also manages to make daddy long legs cute which is quite the accomplishment. Even so, it's a rather slow 74 minute watch. Meh, overall.

• Sep 17, 2020

I was going to say there is nothing redeemable about this movie, but the scene where Allison Mack tells the boy he has to *ask* to kiss her made my day. A message about consent buried in this [godawful] 90s movie is pretty cool. Also this movie is how I learned bananas have potassium. Other than that, it's so bad. The mom character is terrible. The actress was not good, but the writing was worse. The conflict over the cheap plastic Tiki man was stupid. Every conflict was stupid. There was no character development or anything of worth. Skip this movie even if you like the first two.

• Jul 13, 2020

You would think that enjoyably silly family films led by Rick Moranis, like the first two "Honey"s, wouldn't be hard to follow up on, even in the direct-to-video arena, but then you watch this and realize, "Oh yeah, good visual effects cost money", which this has noticeably less of, as well as decent writing and acting.

• Jul 07, 2020

Cash grab that does nothing new for the franchise.

Cash grab that does nothing new for the franchise.

• Jun 25, 2020

Good watch, might watch again, but can only recommend of you watched the original and just want more. It's the same great writing feel, but since it uses the adults as the main characters being shrunk, there lies a writing challenge in the kids being morally or physically able to help the parents, which they address, but I don't think it delivers the tone they intended. Especially since it's an obvious bluff, they're not about to do a "House Arrest". Also, while they make a point of addressing the parents need to relax, it's not the same as the wonder that the original kids had. There's also a technical problem: while the dated green screen work is acceptable, I can not imagine why anyone ever thought that CG cockroach was acceptable, especially compared to the daddy-long-legs. Give it a go if you liked the first one.

• May 22, 2020

An entertaining final chapter, combined with Cundey's direction, the script by Kirkpatrick, Scovell and Hodgson, the performances of the cast, Tavera's score, Stella's cinematography, Bornstein's editing, Wood's production design, Newman's set decoration, Bronson's costume design, action sequences and visual effects, Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves represents a conclusion to a series that has always proved that movies can have fine quality filmaking!!!

• May 17, 2020

Too scary with giant bugs for my kids so we shut it off but i watched enough anyway..

• May 10, 2020

This is the third and final film in the Honey, I Shrunk series. This direct to home video movie is not that bad. It is a silly plot but is fun to watch for the nostalgia feel. Rick Moranis is only cast member to return. This one will take you back to your 90s childhood. Side note, make sure you keep an eye out on some of the young cast, as some are still well known today like, Mila Kunis.

• May 04, 2020

It was fine. I didn't hate it. I'd say it got better as it moved forward, because at first, it did feel a bit redundant, like they were trying to find another excuse for them to get shrunk, and how it happened was not nearly as interesting or original as the first two, but once they were small, they made pretty good use of it. Our family had some good laughs, and we had a good time watching it, so hey, why not! Essentially, I'd agree with Jayden S's review.

• Jan 31, 2020

This film has lost the magic of its pretecessors greatly.

This film has lost the magic of its pretecessors greatly.