How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days Reviews

• Mar 26, 2021

The middle two thirds of this movie is far, far, far better than the either end. The writers actually have a pretty unique and funny premise, but they clearly couldn't come up with any plausible way to get all the characters into the situations they had in mind. However, once it gets going, Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are pretty funny and have good chemistry. Of course, it's predictable and cliche, but it's hard not to be entertained from the overall ridiculousness and tension within the main relationship.

• Mar 20, 2021

Cheesy but nostalgic . Mcconaughy and Hudson are peak rom com of my teens 2.8

Cheesy but nostalgic . Mcconaughy and Hudson are peak rom com of my teens 2.8

• Feb 28, 2021

The worst comedy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jan 30, 2021

Andie is a fashion magazine writer that wants to make a difference, but first she has to do one last job. Ben is an advertiser trying to expand his advertising categories, but first he's got to make one last sale. Not a terribly relatable pair of characters and the plot revolves around their very unrelatable relationship. They grapple with the much more relatable themes of what makes us fall in love and what is it worth? The opening credits give a cute introduction to our leading lady that doesn't over explain her back story allowing the film to quickly get into the meat of her current motivations. Ben get's a less elegant introduction, but he too has clear goals and well defined character. These strong motivations make the rather ridiculous set up for their relationship feel plausible, if unlikely, rather than contrived. Throughout the film they never waste time explaining things that can be reasonably understood or assumed by an adult leaving plenty of time for the many hilarious vignettes our couple end up in. The movie is only let down by its typical ending which brings nothing new to the genre. Throughout there is a fair amount of sexual conversation and foul language, mostly undirected, making this more appropriate for date night than family night. The fitting tagline of the movie is "One of them is lying. So is the other." This makes How to Lose a Guy like watching a poker game on tv where you can see both players hands. We can see the characters bluffing or being sincere even when they and their friends may not know it. Each lead has two friends: one quirky and one generic. The best of all of them is the droll Thayer played by Thomas Lennon. The friends are all believable and plain. The very clear balance between the leads enables us to sympathize with both making neither a villain or a fool. This rare balance and side splitting moments make "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" one of my favourite comedies regardless of category. If you're looking for a romantic comedy to watch with someone that might be resistant to the genre it's hard to do better than "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days". I give it a 7/10. Watch it. Thanks.

• Jan 04, 2021

This has easily become one of my favourite romantic movies. The idea is a bit different and the leads are so charming!

• Nov 20, 2020

Cheesey as hell yes, but in comparison to many of the same rom-coms, this one stands out a little more because it actually wants to work as an old fashioned Hollywood rom-com instead of lazily going through the motions. McConaughey has come a long ways.

• Nov 12, 2020

This is one of the funniest movies. It is lighthearted with just enough truth to be hilarious.

• Oct 19, 2020

repetitive and boring.

repetitive and boring.

• Oct 10, 2020

There were some genuinely funny moments in the movie but the overall story was lame, the acting was horrible, and the boring characters just didn't seem to gel together.

• Sep 27, 2020