Humor Me Reviews

• Jan 24, 2019

Touching and cheerful.

Touching and cheerful.

• Jul 02, 2018

Elliot Gould is having great fun in this very watchable movie.

Elliot Gould is having great fun in this very watchable movie.

• Jul 01, 2018

Believable, touching performances. My husband noted that some plot points were very predictable, but we agreed when the acting, dialogue, and story are good, that doesn't matter. I liked that the older people were real, multidimensional characters, not just gags. There were some genuinely funny moments, though for me (and presumably many people of my generation and younger), the laughs were not in response to the specific borscht belt-type Jokes sprinkled throughout the script and generally voiced by Elliot Gould...on the other hand, I can only assume my dad (and any of his friends) would guffaw at those if/when this gets wider release, but I imagine it will, and I would recommend it to viewers of pretty much all ages. On a side note, I am a Jemaine Clement fan regardless, but glad to say his accent was good. It was also a treat to see Annie Potts again.

• May 21, 2018

Cute movie, nothing new here.

Cute movie, nothing new here.

• May 01, 2018

I liked the idea of it but the story was too goofy for me. Never really went anywhere.

• Apr 29, 2018

Good movie filmed in Staten Island at the Tides.

Good movie filmed in Staten Island at the Tides.

• Apr 27, 2018

Cute, and the last 30% was funny. But, the first 40% was just a boring setup of how the anti-hero was man-as-failure, and the entire movie was an Apple commercial, complete with a mendacious presentation of how well the Apple version of video meeting is supposed to work.

• Apr 12, 2018

Graciosa, sencilla, entretenida. Nada del otro mundo pero con muy buen mensaje y con un gran papel de Clement, Gould, Michaelson y Lopez.

• Feb 25, 2018

Outstanding story, wonderful messages about life, great cast! Not to be missed!

Outstanding story, wonderful messages about life, great cast! Not to be missed!

• Jan 29, 2018

What a nice change of pace from all the violent, depressing films out there. What a treat to see these two fine actors together. Family is complex, but the story is all heart and though many of the scenes are silly, it illicits laughter and these days, it's great to laugh!