The Hunt for Red October - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunt for Red October Reviews

October 15, 2017
its hard to believe that sean connery is russian, but its a good movie
½ October 13, 2017
Ultimate submarine thriller
September 29, 2017
Almost straight up boring but there's a few redeeming qualities, and they're small.
September 25, 2017
A bit of an uneven film I thought. The submarine action sequences are great but the whole Alec Baldwin as Jack Ryan as the somewhat comedic CIA guy just didn't work.
September 11, 2017
Hands down, the best Jack Ryan film that has been made. Great performances all around with an exhilarating plot. Possibly the best film made set during the cold war.
½ September 10, 2017
Showing its age. The story is good and interesting but the characters now seem rather stereotyped.
August 25, 2017
A brilliant Cold War thriller. Some great acting, music and directing.
August 13, 2017
A fast-paced and overall enjoyable movie, though at times a bit difficult to follow. One little bit of dialogue changes the entire direction of the plot. And the dark submarine lighting, coupled with the theatrical trick of making the Russians speak in English (for the audience's benefit), makes it difficult to determine the ship where the current action is taking place (to the audience's detriment). You may have to pause the movie and talk through what's happening with other people. It's good enough that a second viewing to better navigate each plot twist would still be enjoyable.
½ August 3, 2017
An interesting and convoluted film that requires precise attention in order to fully follow. It has some good thrills and keeps you on the edge of your seat
July 23, 2017
It may lack the special effects at its time but this perhaps maybe one of Tom Clancy's best. Though it could use some more action scenes. Sean Connery was awesome and I can't help but compare Baldwin to Ford. Ford is far better but Baldwin is not that bad. After watching this, it hit me that Crimson Tide was partially base on this thriller.
July 10, 2017
4/5. Way more exciting than I would have expected a submarine thriller to be.
½ June 25, 2017
Story about a Russian submarine commander who wants to defect and take the sub he commands with him. McTiernan directed this after 'Die Hard' proving he wasn't just a flash in the pan. Very good director. One of my favorite spy movies. Such good acting. Connery. Glenn. O'Neil. Baldwin.
June 8, 2017
Tense, intriguing thriller that may seem too plodding for some but Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin make it very watchable indeed.
June 4, 2017
An interesting movie.
April 26, 2017
One of my top 10 favorite movies. Excellent plot, excellent acting with an all star class of actors. An absolute must see!
April 20, 2017
Entertaining but fairly cheesy, especially the CGI and other effects.
March 5, 2017
Top-notch political thriller; outstanding cast.
February 12, 2017
the best jack ryan film its a shame alec baldwin didnt get to make this charector his own
January 8, 2017
As nearly perfect as a thriller can get. Sean Connery is a fine cast for the Soviet submarine commander. Without too many spoilers, I can say that the film does not end in World War III.
½ December 25, 2016
Very good action-suspenser film version of the Tom Clancy novel with a fine cast. On Blu-Ray.