I Love You Phillip Morris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Love You Phillip Morris Reviews

June 22, 2017
I'm tierd of jim carrey's face .
June 4, 2017
My God ! Can a movie be much worse than this one ??? The last thing i needed was to see a gay Jim Carrey and Ewan Mc Gregor.I feel so sorry for both of them for being in this piece of shit ! Anyway didn't get why they signed for this movie ?! It has no sense,no story, nothing to laugh,just absurd scenes and dialoges. WASTE OF TIME !!!! PHILLIP MORRIS: GIVE ME MY 1.5 HOURS BACK !!!!!
March 31, 2017
Having a good day? Watch this and throw that "Sunshine" right out the window!!!
½ March 15, 2017
The funniest and sweetest gay romance in recent memory. A
March 13, 2017
An absolute must see, one of the most daring and controversial movies ever made hits home!
March 4, 2017
Great acting by Carey and MacGregor in a rather lighthearted and funny telling of a story based on true events. Very entertainsing.
February 26, 2017
Pensei que era melhor e mais engrašado.
½ February 1, 2017
Good film. It's funny how good Jim carry and Ewan are in this. A lot of it will make you laugh and it has a very clever story to it
January 28, 2017
Enjoyed this movie mostly because of the sheer screen presence of Jim Career and the fast paced storytelling.
January 25, 2017
Not what was expected - trailer shows a laugh out loud comedy when in reality its a big gay fest!
½ January 2, 2017
Feels like a less complicated Catch Me If You Can but with the focus solely being on the criminal. This is a funny, almost surreal, little movie that mainly works due to the charms of its leads Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor. They play off of each other incredibly well and elevate the material to a much higher level.

In the end, this is a cute little waste of time kind of movie. You'll enjoy it as you watch it but will likely forget it a week after its over.
½ November 1, 2016
Such a sweet and poignant little oddball of a movie, but one that I greatly enjoyed nonetheless. Carrey and McGregor are outstanding here.
½ October 7, 2016
I watched this a few years ago and thought it was real funny. This time, it didn't seem that funny - just sad. Rated 3.5 stars.
September 27, 2016
Jim Carrey is enjoyable and does what he does best, but the true story premise is too much one note. Even Ewan McGregor's chemistry with Carrey can't overcome the lightness of the premise. I get it rinse wash repeat. This would have made a great short film, but as a feature it's just blah.
½ September 10, 2016
If it weren't for Bernie, this would certainly be the best true crime tragicomedy about a gay man living in Texas, that simultaneously most certainly did the crime he was prosecuted for and was also the victim of the story, where the main actor is mainly known for his wacky comedy roles but takes an impressive dramatic turn, that I've seen in the past few years.

After roughly the first 15 minutes or so the over the top humor is mostly toned down for a surprisingly touching, and topical story about identity, the American dream, and even the failures of the prison system.

For a movie that I assumed would be an hour and a half of Jim Carrey falling down stairs and having exaggerated gay sex, I was impressed.
½ September 2, 2016
I enjoyed this. The ending was expected nail it wasn't. I think both Carrey and Ewan sucked me in to it. I had to go and check if it was based on a true story at the end.
August 29, 2016
Brilliantly funny and engaging
August 15, 2016
great mood to watch on ur birthday. and it even relieves the fear of Tia Sida!!!
and its real!!!! =)
August 14, 2016
IT'S A PITY THAT EWAN MCGREGOR HAD TO WORKED AND LOST ALL HIS GOOD WILL TRYING TO WORK WITH JIM CARREY WHO IT'S ONE OF THE WORST ROLLES HE HAS EVER PLAYED. IF ANOTHER ACTOR HAD PLAYED CARREY'S PART, IT MIGHT BE A MUCH BETTER RESULT.
August 12, 2016
A farcical romantic comedy that's surprisingly true, and finds humor and emotion in the unlikeliest of places.