I Love You Phillip Morris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Love You Phillip Morris Reviews

December 19, 2010
I Love You Phillip Morris is an enjoyable film without a lasting stamp.
½ April 2, 2016
Gave this movie several tries. I do absolutely not get what this story wants to tell us, it's a confused mix of so many flavours it ends up tasting like nothing. Not a gay movie, not a movie about love, never funny, not about society, and if it's about the so called " real life story " of a guy, even there it misses completely. I regret that I will never get the time back.
½ March 14, 2016
Funny. Surprising. Clever. Cute. Absurd. And then some more funny.
February 29, 2016
One of Jim carreys best performances
February 26, 2016
It has moments of genuine genius, but the overall comedy does not fit in all the pieces.
½ February 22, 2016
Strange, but commited performances make this work.
January 31, 2010
I missed this one & forgot all about it until I was cleaning up an old "I Want to See..." list on some website. I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS is a perfect dark, romantic comedy...and I didn't even know that was a genre. Both ?Jim Carrey? & ?Ewan McGregor? are in top form here, playing totally believable characters, and it's quite refreshing.
½ February 9, 2016
Jim Carrey's committed performance well represents its real life subject matter and certainly brings added value to this romantic comedy. Unfortunately there is not much else to appreciate.
½ February 8, 2016
It's a crazy story with a crazy character Jim Carrey plays in here and I like how kind of ridiculous and satirical it is but also has really heartfelt and emotional moments. The relationship between him and Ewan McGregor feels very brief, and it seems to focus on more of the scams Jim Carrey does with too much voiceover and exposition but it's very original stylistically.
½ February 7, 2016
Jim Carrey once again proves how good an actor he can be with the right material. 'I Love You Philip Morris' is a whirl of a film, overlaying trademark Carrey shenanigans on a strong dramatic core. Extra points to Ewan McGregor for a fabulous supporting performance.
½ January 28, 2016
I wasn't expecting much from the movie and was happy to admit that it was a great movie. Jim Carey is a great, well rounded, actor, and this movie only helps to show more sides of his talent. I'll never look at clouds the same.
½ February 2, 2010
I have to say I was not amused. I never liked Jim Carrey. No different here. Even if this was based on a real character and all...Already his face annoys me...
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
December 25, 2015
Great performance by Carrey.
½ August 19, 2010
Quite funny, and charming, and it has a good energy to it, so I mostly enjoyed myself. I think the problem is that real life stories aren't structured to be movies, so in following this true story fairly closely (at least, so it seems) to fully capture the "stranger than fiction" vibe the filmmakers end up with an unstructured, scattered, sometimes random plot that often left me uninvolved and a bit befuddled.
November 19, 2015
One of my favorite movies and one of Jim Carrey's best movies.
½ December 9, 2011
One of Jim Carrey's best performace.
June 23, 2010
This film's humor is not for everybody (you see, I was the only one laughing out loud in a cinema full of people), and it has a story that could have been made into a depressing tragedy but is presented here as a light and delightful romantic comedy with great performances.
January 26, 2010
Not really surprised with ewan in this movie(since he did it before on velvet goldmine) but it did shock me to see jim carey in a movie like this. But it actually looks really good.
½ October 25, 2015
I swear to god I will never look at Obi Wan Kenobi the same way ever again...