Inception - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inception Reviews

October 18, 2016
I'd like to keep my review rather to the point.

Pros: 1. its theme - dream is a fascinating topic to say the least. There are a lot of unknowns in dreamworld.

2. its plot - there are several sweet twists and unpredictable turns.

3. its edgy drive - although you know what's coming next, still you feel jumpy about it when it does.

4. its rapid storyline - the story moves fast from one scene to another, making the viewers feel like on a roller coaster ride. At times, it's hard to keep up, even after watching it several times.

5. its sophistication - there is a lot of information to remember and digest. This is the very thing the modern moviegoers are after, I believe.

6. its realism - okay, pun intended. The movie explains (or at least tries to) the ins and outs of what dream is about and how it functions, some of which are very familiar with and dear to us.

Cons: 1. its poor character development - although the acting was convincing enough there was not enough of character development. I wonder how many people really felt connected to the main character(s) after watching the movie. Yes, the movie talks about emotional struggles but it was more of an action film than anything else, if you ask me.

2. too many distractions - I found that the movie had more characters than necessary. They may play certain roles in the plot but they seemed more of distractions than anything else. I wish the movie was more focused.

3. a bit preachy - I noticed that the characters would explain things about dreamworld and then the exact things happen later in the movie. I'm afraid, Inception overused this trick.

In conclusion, its theme is fascinating but its delivery is not without room for improvement.

I highly recommend you to go and read Somewhere carnal over 40 winks, if you dig this kind of flicks.
October 16, 2016
Chris Nolan presents his thesis on The Interpretation of Dreams, first published in 1899 (but dated 1900), where Sigmund Freud first argued that the motivation of all dream content is wish-fulfillment, and that the instigation of a dream is often to be found in the events of the day preceding the dream, which he called the "day residue." Good job Chris !
October 13, 2016
It's a film you have to pay full attention to, if you don't, you may not like it. I didn't feel the emotional factor.
October 12, 2016
This movie was incredible. The story was amazing, it really got me to think and be extremely engaged in the storyline. The characters were believable, not enough screentime from Tom Hardy's show-stealing Eames, but we treasure the parts he was in. And this movie has the best score to come out of the 2010's so far. Specifically the pieces Time and Dream is Collapsing, Hans Zimmer is a genius. Of course how could I not touch on the cliffhanger ending, and my thoughts, I don't want to know.
October 12, 2016
October 11, 2016
No, it is not a rip off of Paprika. It shares a premise, but goes to completely different places narratively and thematically. Now that that's out of the way, Chris Nolan is a monster. I love his imagination, his directing, his attention to detail, and his ability to completely engross the viewer. I thought this movie was fantastic, and it only gets better on multiple viewings.
October 10, 2016
Clever, well-acted and visually arresting. By the end, you'll be wondering if it was only a dream.
October 9, 2016
A fantastic movie that challenges, or even forces the audience to go along with the storyline (which is pretty hard, when you're watching it for the first time). In my opinion, this movie was THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!! I recommend everyone to watch this movie ?? :)
September 29, 2016
Mind-blowing, amazing, smart, thrilling. That's all.
September 25, 2016
Inception relies on a stellar ensemble cast, an epic score from Hans Zimmer, and an intriguing plot to present one of science fiction's best films of the 21st century.
September 23, 2016
Inception is nothing more than an instant classic. Let's all pray that Nolan never gets bored of filmaking
September 19, 2016
One word description. Amazing. This movie shows the complete sense of its meaning. The message was sent vey smoothly. It gives appeal to the viewers.
September 12, 2016
amazing and mind blowing this film is one of the best sci-fi films out there
September 5, 2016
Very good sci-fi film from Christopher Nolan has some flaws, but is pretty innovative
½ September 3, 2016
Considering how good this movie is, it's surprising that he doesn't have another hit movie to his name.
September 2, 2016
A trippy movie for those ready for a mind fuck!
August 31, 2016
Watched this again over the weekend for the 3rd time. Is it the greatest movie ever? In my eyes it is. 100% perfect.
August 28, 2016
Amazing amazing amazing.
August 28, 2016
The single most aesthetically pleasing movie i have ever seen.
The visuals are absolutely stunning, they are right in-between that fine line of too much CGI and the perfect amount that looks realistic.

The Storyline is incredibly engaging that from the first moment the film starts with that loud treated horn and the Ledgendary logo sppearing, you are immediately engaged, each proceeding scene compounds the effect of amazement.

Simply put, this is one of the greatest movies, not only of the last few decades, but ever made.
Modern films do not get any better than this.
Christopher Nolan is a god of the film industry.

9.8/10 Stars!
August 26, 2016
Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite filmmakers because he understands what craftsmanship in films mean! He sets up a scene with his co-workers and makes it happen. Everybody should see inception at least once! it's a fantastic film with an all star cast and an outstanding score.