Inception - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inception Reviews

July 21, 2017
This film is that rare blockbuster that combines smart and innovative writing with amazing special effects and thrilling action sequences
July 20, 2017
The conception for Inception... What perception.
July 20, 2017
Dream within a dream within a dream
½ July 18, 2017
Excelente filme do Nolan. Resgata um pouco do filme "Ilha do medo" e isso foi um diferencial, a luta com uma mulher que se foi e ao final culpar-se pelos fatos anteriores.
July 16, 2017
Awesome movie! Suspenseful, thoughtful and original. A +.
½ July 16, 2017
The story is not new in the history of the cinema. But the effects and the visuals are catchy. It's a bit over explained, but it was made for the plebs so it's a very ok movie. It can be watched multiple times without getting bored. But there is a hype around it which i don't like.
July 15, 2017
Whenever I'd heard people talking about Inception it sounded like virtually no-one understood the mind-bending complexities of it but for some reason they still loved it. I wondered how that could be and figured it was the special effects that people were in love with.

Having now just watched it I can confirm that while I thought I was following along pretty well for a while and wondering what the fuss was about, the end scene does suddenly throw a layer of confusion over everything. I finished still a little bit in the dark. Is he still dreaming or was that end scene real? Turns out Christopher Nolan wanted to leave the end ambiguous so no-one will ever know. I'm not sure I like that. It is clever though. The special effects are great. Overall a very good movie and I'm glad I finally saw it.
½ July 13, 2017
Inception benefits from it's commitment to telling it's absurd story with a straight face. It is full of ridiculous exposition, logical inconsistencies, and a surprisingly mundane audio/visual pallet considering it's visionary ideas. However, for all it's extremely self serious dialogue and surprisingly dry stylistic choices, there are moments where the story manages to connect both intellectually and emotionally in a way that very few big budget action films ever do. The film is very plot driven, which is understandable given the time constraints of a roughly 2 hour movie that dives into some very complex ideas. This comes at the cost of character development, which means that every character outside of Leonardo's Cobb is essentially a completely 1 dimensional plot device. This is greatly assisted by having an all-star cast of naturally charismatic actors adding subtle hints of character and personality where none exists in the script, and it is one of the reasons this film would never work as a small budget affair. This film embraces it's overblown, self serious traits and combined with it's incredible (and probably very expensive) special effects, it manages to make the absolutely ridiculous quite believable a lot of the time. There are likely going to be nagging questions in your mind that arise from the inconsistencies of trying to impose pseudo-scientific rational onto dream logic, but the film moves at such a breakneck pace with such a great feeling of momentum and tension that it is easy to ignore these problems. Leonardo Dicaprio gives an incredible performance that helps to elevates this script from the B-movie goofiness it could easily become into something that feels relatable and emotionally haunting. Overall, while this isn't quite my favourite Chris Nolan film, it is one of his most entertaining and audacious. It is also one of the most ambitious and bold huge budget hollywood films in recent memory and is truly an experience to sit through, especially in theaters.
July 11, 2017
Inception is written and directed by Christopher Nolan. The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as a professional thief who steals information by infiltrating the subconscious, and is offered a chance to have his criminal history erased as payment for a seemingly impossible task: "inception", the implantation of another person's idea into a target's subconscious, Practically invading personal dream, and it can create new dreams after dream and after dream. The ensemble cast additionally includes Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Dileep Rao, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger, and Michael Caine.

First time of seeing Inception has to be one of the most creative movies I have ever seen of this decade!! I'm very serious, seeing the score on rotten tomatoes is quite flawless from professional review were's. So to say it is not a science-fiction action film, it's practically a drama telling of the sense of drama of the science of the mind of the human brain. This is one of the reasons why I love Christopher Nolan because of the structure of studying human beings. Out of any outcome of the exposition of the story or the exposition of a story or anything.

The exposition of the story is not even that noticeable really, once you first start the movie, you're in a practically new world, The world has never been brought up. But once he gets through the story are the first act you put the puzzle pieces together, and then do explain the pieces of the puzzle. This movie is a great example of how exposition should work and should be the blueprint of what to use and what not to use for exposition scenes.

As I just said that this was not an action science fiction film but it is, it's surprisingly a drama, very well use with Christopher Nolan prove it from his predecessor the Dark Knight. In the middle of the story Leonardo Caprio's character had a wife, they spent all their life in the dream world, once they left the dreamworld they came back to reality, and it causes him pain for his wife and she killed herself and blamed it on the husband. It was quite interesting seeing that scean, because the film is still not putting the puzzle together.

Once when they get to their target, the wife intervenes with the dreams, so she can have her husband back in the dreamworld. Until the end of the movie it has to be one of the best ambiguous endings of cinema history. I will not spoil it, but it is required to see this magnificent film.

What I like about Christopher Nolan's films you really have to think, it doesn't matter by if it's an action film from the Dark Knight movies, or anything that he does you really have to think throughout his films and I swear I really love about Christopher Nolan. I surprisingly I have no flaws once again with Christopher Nolan. This movie is phenomenally smart, vary smart!! The persons brain is the second character of the film. The brain is not featured in the film whatsoever, but the audience that is watching the film.

You can practically watch this film over and over again. But every time when I go see inception, I always find something new. Back into thousand 10 when I first saw the film I was in a trance.. I saw this film at least six times of that year in the movie theater, and the Blu-ray of the film is quite abuse from my Blu-ray player watching it over and over again. I just love to watch this film because there's always something new with this film. Sometimes it is a bad telling of the story and sometimes it's a great telling of the story.

I want to find very interesting that is very relates to an anime called "Paprika" a 2006 film directed Satoshi Kon, I film genius himself Rest In Peace!! Paprika what is an is the blueprint for inception, I highly recommend seeing the film to I give it a a perfect 10 for that film as well.

But with the right sources and the right timing and the right blueprint and inspiration of a couple of animes that Christopher Nolan loved and endeared. Really does show that anime can inspire directors and a great story can inspire viewing audience of like. With the dark Knight and the rest of his nine films like inception will go down in history that this film will be never be forgotten.

Grade: A Perfect 10
July 7, 2017
Loved this film, is was engaging throughout, the plot and narrative are unique. The soundtrack's very memorable as usual.
July 6, 2017
Being one of the biggest name movies in the recent Sci-Fri genre, I had to get to watching this one sooner or later. It lived up to all I've heard about the craziness of the plot and amount of stuff going on, so I made sure I watched it when I could focus my entire concentration on the film. The idea of going into people's dreams is hard to process, let alone going into dreams within dreams within dreams, which are populated by ones sub conscious and if dying can sometimes wake you up and sometimes make you basically brain dead in a empty dream forever. It's a lot to process when watching, but it makes for a very unique and interesting movie to watch all the same. The visuals are top notch, typical for Christofer Nolan, and the practical effects make it all the better. The action is far fetched to say the least, but given it all takes place in a dream, one can't complain or hate on that with much fact to stand on. It keeps you on your toes while you watch, missing one second can mean missing one vital piece of information that will leave you confused for the rest of the film. But it's done to perfection, the acting is great, the story telling and explaining of just what the hell is going on is also very good, and doesn't feel like it has to explain it to the audience, but seems pretty natural at the time. It lived up to expectations for me, even if I cannot explain at all what truly goes on in it without telling anyone to simply watch it. And in the end the twist ending has us wondering if he's in a dream still or not, and when he could have been put into it, where, by who, and what for. Very well done, one of Nolan's best films, and even still easier to understand than Interstellar
½ July 3, 2017
A thrilling sci-fi film which explores the concepts of dreams, human consciousness, and our perception of reality. An interesting concept which is executed well.
July 3, 2017
Simply put, this is one of the greatest films ever put to screen.
July 1, 2017
Inception is the type of film, that will leave you saying "Nolan, you've done it again". It has what most other Sci-Fi doesn't have. Visual Effects that will twist your mind, groundbreaking performances from an All-Star cast, an thought- provoking script, and after you see it this may be the best Sci-Fi film everyone will be talking about. If you love The Dark Knight, you'll love this.
½ July 1, 2017
a good film, hard to understand at the beginning but in the middle you will get it
June 30, 2017
Confusing in the best way possible - yes, I complimented its confusion including the film's own ambiguous ending -, Inception remains every bit as entertaining as Christopher Nolan fans have come to expect. Like Batman Begins, there's not much CGI here. THAT'S NOT HOW MODERN SCI-FI MOVIES WORK, NOLAN, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PUT TONS OF CGI EVERY TIME THERE'S A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR IT. Although, to be fair, the practical effects are pretty good. The zero-gravity dream which Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a big part of is breathtaking since we also get some fun shots out of the bargain. The action sequences are as well choreographed as the ones present within The Dark Knight Trilogy and Leonardo DiCaprio delivers an effective performance. In fact, the main villain in the film is...himself. Well, his subconscious anyway since his wife Marion Cotilliard won't leave him alone continously messing up their plan to plant an idea in Cillian Murphy's head. I kinda accepted its complexity since before the actual story begins, the dreams are revealed as surprises. What do we call Inception, then? A sci-fi flick that manages to tease your brain and boast enough thrills, intelligence and action for your eyes to feast upon at the same time.
June 27, 2017
This movie is a master piece. It's intelligent, 100% original, never dull and tells a riveting story about planting ideas in people's minds. Every aspect of this movie is flawless. It captivates you from beginning to end. Elements of this movie bring chills to your body and tears to your eyes. The answers aren't blatantly given and you really need to be attentive and engaged in order to understand. Truley and amazing piece of cinema.
June 27, 2017
Exhilarating, astounding and thoroughly, thoroughly intriguing. You have never experienced anything like this before.
June 26, 2017
Five stars only because of Tom Hardy. He's the only one that matters in this ridiculously confusing film. He is beautiful!
June 26, 2017
Una obra maestra asi de simple, solo queda disfrutarla no hay mucho que explicar, el único requisito es prestarle mucha atención.