Inception - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inception Reviews

May 6, 2017
100/100
Cried 2 Chills 3 times
so much to think about and analyze. Multiple watches recommended. Possibly my favorite movie of all time
May 6, 2017
Interesting and very hooking plot. Quite confusing at times, but it is a well thought out movie masterpiece.
May 4, 2017
Not perfect but still a pretty cool movie
April 28, 2017
One of the best movies I've ever seen.
April 26, 2017
Inception stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Ellen Page. DiCaprio plays a dream expert who has the ability to enter peoples subconscious and takes information. This time, him and his team must plant an idea in someones mind. This movie is one of the films where you need several different viewings to understand the flow of the story. Every time I watch it, I love it even more. It gave an accurate representation of what happens in real life while we are sleeping. Inception brought dreams to the big screen, and it was visually impressive. The film is built up on so much brain power, that it becomes a suspense thriller after the first few times I saw it. Christopher Nolan made yet another masterpiece. When you are watching it, you can tell that he put hard work into making it, because there really no film like this one. Everyone's performance was well acted. The characters fit into the story very well. There is also a sub-plot that I was intrigued with. This is an exceedingly re-watchable movie that is sure to become a classic in the future.
Over all, Inception blew my mind with deep storytelling, compelling characters, and 'dream-like' CG. 5/5 stars.
April 26, 2017
Nolan found away to effectively end a movie they way all great novels do with ambiguity. This film is made to watch numerous times which raised the bar on Cinema and left a blueprint for other film makers to follow as inception has so many layers to it, Nolan has created something audience members would love to see more of in different perspectives in different films because the material is really interesting. This film is also meant to stir up conversation which is rare for a film to do and common for a novel because this film purposely wants audience members to form their own opinions. This film will always be regarded as Nolan's most ambitious.
April 23, 2017
Never, ever has there been a movie quite like this one. I remember the first time I watched it wasn't in theaters, but on DVD. I remember being so mesmerized by what I was watching.

I've always been fascinated by this subject matter and here Christopher Nolan tackled it with such finesse and intricacy. I think I ended up watching this movie three times back to back the first time I watched it.

I will forever remember this movie.
½ April 20, 2017
I'm not a Nolan-enthusiast, so I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I actually like this film. It has a clever, dense plot that I think is quite masterfully constructed, offering just enough exposition to allow you to follow what's going on without resorting to tedious explanatory scenes that don't advance the plot. I think I would like the film even more if Nolan had not directed it. I find his style to be oppressively heavy, and I think it weighs down what should be a lighter, more fun film.
April 19, 2017
A mind blowing experience. No more time be said.
April 17, 2017
Incemption is a film made in 2010, directed by Christopher Nolan. The movie is a science-fiction thriller starring Leonardo DiCaprio as the main character (Cobb), Joseph Gordon-Levitt as his best friend (Arthur), Ellen Page as Cobb's apprentice (Ariane) and Marion Cotillar as Cobb's ex-wife. The movie takes place in France, Australia, Canada and the United-States. The movie is in our modern day era.
At the beginning of the film, we learn that Cobb makes a living as being a dream thief. Cobb steals dream information of powerful businessmen. He enters into a subconscious reality of others where he does dream stealing called "extraction" (by taking information from others' thoughts through their subconscious dream state). In the confusion of the film's drama, Cobb is accused of killing his wife, this accusation loses him custody of his children.
Later in the movie, Cobb starts working for Saito, (a former victim of one of Cobb's 'dream state' organized robberies). Saito is CEO of an International energy company. Saito wants Cobb to implant an idea in the future CEO of a rival company in order for the firm to go bankrupt. In exchange for this act, Saito vows to pay off Cobb's murder sentence, allowing him to take custody of his children.
Cobb starts doing dream implanting called "inception" (by making his subject fall into a dream state, in order to manipulate his decisions). After the thought implanted, his subject believes he has a brilliant idea for his firm but in reality, it makes his company fail. We will follow him through his journey.
The movie really takes the time explaining every aspect of dream "extraction" and "inception". The music composed by the well-known author Hans Zimmer keeps us focused during the whole movie. The music is used in key moments to intensify the emotions. The frame shots are incredible with impressive CGI effects. The movie passes an important message about letting go of the past. The movie is also very action packed and has a deep story to tell. It's a movie with a good cast, resulting in good actor performances. The only bad point is the length of the movie which could be considered too long by some. I really liked the movie, I think it was worth watching. It's a movie that will keep you thinking long after it's over.
½ April 17, 2017
Amazing film which really messes up your head. I like most of the actors and the music is very good too. I love it!
½ April 16, 2017
One of the most visually stunning films ever created; the fact that it was shunned so much at the Oscars is a crime.
½ April 12, 2017
This is an extremely smart, thought-provoking and innovative film that captivates and mesmerises you entirely throughout its runtime, and refuses to let go after viewing.
April 11, 2017
one of Nolan's best.
½ April 4, 2017
Inception is an entertaining, mind blowing summer blockbuster which works very well.

This is about a thief who has the ability to access someone's dreams and steal info from them. After, he goes on one final mission, it becomes complicated as an outside force attempts to stop him and his team.

This is a mostly astonishing film. It requires the audience to remain on the edge of their seats in its entirety. Many modern summer blockbusters are thoughtless and hollow. It's great to see something of its complexity come out this time of the year. It's real refreshing.

The action is magnificent. It's done in a great way and the movie utilizes the dreams to make truly visually spectacular scenes. They aren't as revolutionary as The Matrix's visuals but they still are pretty great. Some of the best scenes include the zero gravity fight in the hallway and the van falling into the river in slow motion.

Although it's easy to get lost in Inception's plot, Christopher Nolan doesn't expect you to understand every element of this film. You just have to understand that this is a movie you have to watch again. But it's plot is handled with meticulous care.

But this movie isn't the best with character development. At first I was going to ignore this but now that I think of it - what exactly do we know about Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character? Most of the other characters were pushed aside and we didn't get any time to connect with them emotionally.

In conclusion, this is a pretty entertaining blockbuster. Sure, it's light on character development but it's still a highly entertaining blockbuster with an elaborate plot that works well.
April 4, 2017
Visually stunning, mind bending, and nothing short of a masterpiece. This film definitely requires multiple watches as it is massively confusing if you miss one key point early on.
April 1, 2017
Very good, confusing at times, but visuals were amazing and it was a great movie all around.
½ March 31, 2017
Brilliant in every way.
March 24, 2017
Overrated movie, but amazing movie, although Nolan could stop borrowing items from another movies like Matrix and this would be a perfect movie.
½ March 23, 2017
Slow, derivative and brainless. Encapsulates everything I detest about Nolan.