Inception - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inception Reviews

February 18, 2017
Probably one of the best mental thrillers in the 21 century to date.
February 17, 2017
An especially stunning movie first time around, exploring some great psychological concepts and ideas. However, it's length is oddly a little off-putting on subsequent viewings which is probably why I've only seen it about 3 times since it's release.

A truly great movie though, which criss- crosses through genre's of psychological thriller, science fiction, tragedy and action.
February 16, 2017
Anybody who says they didn't like it is more than likely either: a) too stupid to understand it, or b) an insecure genius who feels the need to boast a superiority over the intellectual creativity that I humbly respect director Chris Nolan for.
February 13, 2017
All time favorite movie, so inspirational to me on a personal level. I cannot express how much I love and adore this movie and the actors. It is incredible and a movie I will forever go on watching.
½ February 12, 2017
A great demonstration of loes abilty to make himself a part of the movie and to become the character. 10 out of 10 would recommend
February 6, 2017
One of the best action/sci-if movies of all time!
½ February 3, 2017
The Matrix reboot but with more plot holes and very pointless, mindless action sequences that serve only to fill time and disrupt the interesting parts. Hate Juno's casting. The visual effects were ok. Plot and several remarkable details stolen from or developed in parallel with a Duck Tales comic- seriously.
January 29, 2017
Just saw this movie again. First time was a while ago, a time where maybe I couldn't really grasp what this movie really is. But now, confident I could, I watched this movie again, as if it was the first time. And I can't say anything that is not praise for this masterpiece. I cannot even begin to explain how incredible this movie is. The visuals are incredible, the music is incredible, the story, the characters, the overall theme, everything is just plain incredible. This is my favorite movie of all time and it DESERVES the maximum rating I can give to it. To anyone who hasn't seen it yet don't worry if you got the ending spoiled, it doesn't matter. Just watch this movie, from beginning to end, with an open mind and careful attention. Because you're going to get an experience no other movies can give.
January 28, 2017
Favorite movie of all time! I love movies that stretch your mind an d are unlike any other movie.
½ January 26, 2017
The run time is a bit long but Inception forces the viewer to make their own thoughts about reality in a visually stunning masterpiece.
January 26, 2017
One of the best movies ever made. It's extremely layered, creative, smart, and mind-blowing. It is perfectly directed and the cast is all on their A game. This movie perfectly blends clever indie movies with large blockbusters. There's literally something for everyone to love about this movie.
January 20, 2017
WIth a smart narrative, original story and excellent script, Inception is a worthwhile movie that make us dive on a subconscious world through the best way.
January 17, 2017
Striking a truly impressive balance between engaging the mind, the heart, and the heart rate, Inception is the first movie since The Dark Knight that I wanted to see again the very next day (no coincidence since they were made by the same person). It has been said that Hollywood relies too much on special effects to cover lazy storytelling; not so with Inception, where truly stunning visuals only supplement what you'll really be talking about: the story, what it means, how it moved you, and how shockingly original it is. I've never seen anything like it, either in concept or in narrative structure. Neither have I attended, in a long time, a film that gave my brain such a workout.

This is a movie that expects you to pay attention and make connections. Leonardo DiCaprio gives a heartbreaking performance, leading a cast of top-notch actors playing interesting characters in a film that appears to be a science-fiction action/heist caper (a rather unique concept in itself), but is actually about guilt, the desire for redemption, and the raw power of simple ideas. Director Christopher Nolan, as he did with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, takes something fantastic and paints it in realistic tones. This is what unbridled imagination, combined with intelligence, emotion, and talent looks like on film. It is mentally and emotionally challenging. It also has some terrific action (including a physics-bending fight sequence that is jaw-dropping) and is very creative in its use of cinematography, editing, and music. Though comparatively light on language, with no sexual material and action violence where physical harm is not what's at stake (you'll understand when you see it), Inception is nonetheless not recommended for anyone younger than teens due to its complexity and intense subject matter.
January 14, 2017
Rarely has something come along that is as imaginative and unique as Inception, thank goodness it happens to be equally as great.
January 11, 2017
Honestly, I had no idea what the heck was going on from beginning to end. Maybe I'm dense. I keep thinking I should rewatch it but I really don't care that much. One star because the effects are undeniably cool.
January 10, 2017
Investing, innovative, and thought provoking. Inception is an absolute triumph that exceeds the standards of a summer blockbuster. It has the intelligence that is just stellar and the visuals of a masterpiece. This will go down in cinematic history as the Nolan movie that brought people back to the days of when the cinema was an artform an experience and thought about as a dream. "I'M SPEECHLESS"
January 9, 2017
this immediately became my favorite movie of all time the first time I watched it (before interstellar). the experience was phenomenal, fascinating, nerve-racking, and awe-inspiring from beginning to end. elite directing, elite acting, elite cast, elite concept, elite story, elite cinematography, elite music HANS! elite everything. this movie can be analyzed for hours. it has so many layers (figuratively and literally). this movie blew my mind. it explored something fascinating in all the right ways, taken it in all the right directions (6 viewings)
January 7, 2017
This is the best movie i have ever seen, this story line this follosiphie ... this is not normal best movie ever !!!!
January 6, 2017
A new world that Christopher Nolan has made that was so great it was very difficult to return back to our world
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch