Inception - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inception Reviews

½ April 21, 2018
Regarded as one of the greatest cinematic mind-benders of now and all-time, Christopher's Nolan's "Inception" is certainly something visually and ambitiously marvelous. However, I don't entirely think it's as flawless as most people seem to believe, nor do I think it really adds up to anything more spectacular than a somewhat average blockbuster that runs with several interesting ideas.
April 16, 2018
Only few people would grasp the sorry of the movie during the run time. Some would need to watch 2-3 times. And the dumb people will lose their minds
April 13, 2018
Good movie, but a cliffhanger.
April 9, 2018
Well if you knew who is "Christopher Nolan" then you knew what the purpose of his movie.Inception is the one of best "Mind Blow Movie" & its complicated as you can see for the first time but this Movie was so Amazing for me,"The Dream is REAL"
½ April 7, 2018
I found the story really boring and couldn't care about any of the characters.
April 3, 2018
this film is just brilliant
½ March 30, 2018
It may almost impossible to understand at first, and the ending does seem to take inspiration from the "M Night Shyamalan" school of writing twist endings in films, but the incredible visuals of the numerous dream worlds that Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his crew visit, the interesting concepts of dreams within dreams and Nolan's use of scope and cinematography makes Inceptio an essential big-screen experience.
½ March 24, 2018
Absolutely love this film! Classic Christopher Nolan. Very re-watchable, thrilling and pure genius. It is the ultimate ensemble collaboration film - we need more like them. Every character had a role to play and a well developed and executed lead from DiCaprio. Very clever practical and special effects - they got a rotating corridor!. The only criticism to have is that some concepts are not the most original i.e. dream world vs. real world.
March 24, 2018
Inception is a Sci-Fi, Action-adventure film written, co-produced and directed by Christopher Nolan, his 7th feature film of which he has been director. The narrative follows a thief called Dom Cobb (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) who uses dream-sharing technology to steal corporate secrets. However, when approached with the task of planting an idea in a CEO's, he must recruit a team to try and complete this. This film has a star-studded lineup (although it wasn't considered this at the time of release), including Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Ken Watanabe and many others.

Despite being renowned for having a very difficult narrative to follow, which I also found upon my first viewing, I believe that after seeing it a couple of times and suspending your disbelief, that it is an extremely clever story which Nolan is telling. Even more so knowing that it is an original screenplay.

At the time of release, as mentioned previously, the lineup were not as well-known as they are today, especially the like of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tom Hardy. Although, looking back at this film with the knowledge of how all of these actors and actresses developed, it is clear to see why. Every single person who stars in this film is exceptional, not a false note anywhere. There isn't a moment where I felt like I was watching a someone act, it all felt very genuine and real, which is key in making the audience suspend their disbelief, directly helping them to understand the plot further. Tom Hardy (who I am a very huge fan of for his work in Bronson, Locke, Legend etc.) really smashes this performance out of the park as the lovable Eames.

Some of the set pieces that we see in this film, the rotating hallway scene immediately comes to mind, are outstanding and even hold up to, if not surpass, those that we see in releases today. The numerous moments that made my jaw physically drop when I first saw them is what takes this film from great, to epic.

Hans Zimmer incredible score that really adds weight to the emotion that you feel sitting in the audience, cannot possibly go unmentioned. Zimmer has frequently worked with Nolan on a number of films, including The Dark Knight Trilogy, Interstellar, Dunkirk and Man Of Steel. Yet again, the two styles blend perfectly, creating a very hard hitting and tense atmosphere throughout the film, which I found especially prominent in the final scene, amplifying the "dramatic-ness" I felt.

All in all however, this is my favourite film. Christopher Nolan never fails to impress.
½ March 14, 2018
Inception is one of those films that you can enjoy for the great characters and mind blowing dream sequences! A brilliant action film that has you on the edge of your seat!
March 13, 2018
Inception is a mind blowing movie that will leave audiences either confused or riveted to the very core of their nervous system because of its themes and the way they are presented to the audience. You can feel the vibe of Memento and The Dark Knight in this film or even The Matrix or Blade Runner in its visual sense and story telling. What really got me really pinned down to this film is the way the narrative of the film connects or joins up together until the end and the complexity of the premise the film explores, the idea of dreams and the questioning of reality and its link with the dream, its different exploration of the depths of dreams is also invigorating that you definitely can't take your eyes off the screen and your mind from thinking along with the film. Apart from its complexity lies a love story that is incredibly moving and a character's motivation of why he does this job of planting an idea into a person's mind, which is called an Inception. The visuals are absolutely stunning, ranging from the amazingly choreographed action sequences, the special effects and even the sound editing and the score is as equally amazing. The cast is well led by Leonardo DiCaprio which is another factor in making this film as brilliant as it can get. Christopher Nolan is definitely an innovative filmmaker and an astounding director during a time when films are spawn from remakes and sequels with an IQ level of negative a hundred. This is one of the best films of 2010 and you definitely cannot miss this movie event of the year!
March 9, 2018
a brilliant concept....everything about this movie falls perfectly into place
March 2, 2018
Inception is an absolutely stunning sci-fi blockbuster with a unique story too it. Christopher Nolan makes a movie that exceeds viscerally and intellectually giving a great performance by Leonardo DiCaprio. Inception is very neat and has stunning cinematography throughout the film and is very thrilling. The idea of someone who can steal thoughts from someone's dreams gives the main character a lot of depth and with all that's happening it makes the movie very suspenseful and well written.
March 1, 2018
A movie that has moved more thoughts than any other. Superb acting and a great story along with amazing visuals makes this one of the biggest oscar snubs.
February 26, 2018
Who would have thought a story about a dream in a dream in a dream could be easily followed? Not impossible in the hands of master storyteller like Nolan. A science fiction with soul, it also has arguably one of the best ambiguous plot twist, leaving the audiences to interpret and decide what actually happened to the hero after it is all finished and done..
February 17, 2018
A pretty decent film that brings a really cool plot. A film about dreaming and on how everything is possible and obviously if Leanordo DiCaprio is in a movie t is bound to be good.
February 13, 2018
This movie is Convoluted as fuck, but....I still like it.

This was a very well made film by Christopher Nolan, and another top perfromance from Dicaprio. With a wonderful supporting cast. the movie had plenty of suspense, wonderment and incredible action, all of it supporting and driving the story.

Not since the Matrix have I seen such a ground breaking film of this type, one that defys logic , breaks barriers and expands the limits of our imagination.

Its clever and original enough to stand out. Its 1 of the very best movies so far this summer, I highly recommend you go see it. That is if you enjoy movies with complexity and intelligence.
February 11, 2018
cutting edge sci-fi/futuristic story
February 10, 2018
Creative,smart, and well acted, this movie is not one that you get over easily.
½ February 3, 2018
Overrated movie, but amazing movie, although Nolan could stop borrowing items from another movies like Matrix and this would be a perfect movie.