Inception - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inception Reviews

January 20, 2017
WIth a smart narrative, original story and excellent script, Inception is a worthwhile movie that make us dive on a subconscious world through the best way.
January 17, 2017
Striking a truly impressive balance between engaging the mind, the heart, and the heart rate, Inception is the first movie since The Dark Knight that I wanted to see again the very next day (no coincidence since they were made by the same person). It has been said that Hollywood relies too much on special effects to cover lazy storytelling; not so with Inception, where truly stunning visuals only supplement what you'll really be talking about: the story, what it means, how it moved you, and how shockingly original it is. I've never seen anything like it, either in concept or in narrative structure. Neither have I attended, in a long time, a film that gave my brain such a workout.

This is a movie that expects you to pay attention and make connections. Leonardo DiCaprio gives a heartbreaking performance, leading a cast of top-notch actors playing interesting characters in a film that appears to be a science-fiction action/heist caper (a rather unique concept in itself), but is actually about guilt, the desire for redemption, and the raw power of simple ideas. Director Christopher Nolan, as he did with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, takes something fantastic and paints it in realistic tones. This is what unbridled imagination, combined with intelligence, emotion, and talent looks like on film. It is mentally and emotionally challenging. It also has some terrific action (including a physics-bending fight sequence that is jaw-dropping) and is very creative in its use of cinematography, editing, and music. Though comparatively light on language, with no sexual material and action violence where physical harm is not what's at stake (you'll understand when you see it), Inception is nonetheless not recommended for anyone younger than teens due to its complexity and intense subject matter.
January 14, 2017
Rarely has something come along that is as imaginative and unique as Inception, thank goodness it happens to be equally as great.
January 11, 2017
Honestly, I had no idea what the heck was going on from beginning to end. Maybe I'm dense. I keep thinking I should rewatch it but I really don't care that much. One star because the effects are undeniably cool.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.6/10 - 4.6/5
January 10, 2017
Investing, innovative, and thought provoking. Inception is an absolute triumph that exceeds the standards of a summer blockbuster. It has the intelligence that is just stellar and the visuals of a masterpiece. This will go down in cinematic history as the Nolan movie that brought people back to the days of when the cinema was an artform an experience and thought about as a dream. "I'M SPEECHLESS"
January 9, 2017
this immediately became my favorite movie of all time the first time I watched it (before interstellar). the experience was phenomenal, fascinating, nerve-racking, and awe-inspiring from beginning to end. elite directing, elite acting, elite cast, elite concept, elite story, elite cinematography, elite music HANS! elite everything. this movie can be analyzed for hours. it has so many layers (figuratively and literally). this movie blew my mind. it explored something fascinating in all the right ways, taken it in all the right directions (6 viewings)
January 7, 2017
This is the best movie i have ever seen, this story line this follosiphie ... this is not normal best movie ever !!!!
January 6, 2017
A new world that Christopher Nolan has made that was so great it was very difficult to return back to our world
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 2, 2017
Leo + Nolan = Blockbuster. This is the best movie I have ever seen. It is perfect. I have never seen such a mind blogging film that pulls you into it and makes you feel whats going on. You can't lift your eyes off even for a second. This movie is so gripping from the start that I couldn't keep the track of time or my surroundings. At the end I was blown. The ending provokes you to think and I had no problem with it. I don't have a single problem with this movie. All the characters feel so realistic and you actually care for them. The cinematography is great, soundtrack is good and the direction is top notch with splendid performances. A must watch.
January 2, 2017
Inception is one of the most complex and unique concepts ever seen on screen.
½ December 31, 2016
12/31/16
Christopher Nolan takes us out the streets of Gotham and inside the not-so-cute, not-at-all friendly world of Inception. We meet a man named Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) who's hell bent on reuniting with his children, and will do anything to get there and clear his name, including go on a globe-trotting quest with his friend Arthur to commit one last big job of corporate espionage for Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe). With the help of a professor (Michael Caine), he recruits genius student Ariadne (Ellen Page) to construct dream worlds. While very long, the pacing stabilizes when they prepare their big job. It can be hard to follow, but instead of docking half-a-star for incoherence, here's what I say: pay attention! However, no matter how much attention you pay, the characters will remain undeveloped, Christopher Nolan's one true flaw, though Cobb's desire may be relatable, relatability is interpretable and can vary between people. The last big job is presented spectacularly with practical effects and an overall realistic feel to it (putting the dream entering aspect aside), Hans Zimmer instituted the use of giant horns in soundtracks thanks to this movie, and it all does its job, echoing the intensity of their scenarios and setting the tone in general, except for a few scenes where it is just dialogue and nothing more. Inception is utterly humorless, and that's alright, because this doesn't need to be funny. There are a few quips, but nothing to create uproarious laughter. Blockbusters don't have to be Guardians of the Galaxy level funny, but if you take that formula, remove the bright colors, the heaviest CGI, and the great character moments, you've got something completely different. Wait, what's going on? Oh yeah, there's some language, but only in extreme situations for good reason. I wouldn't worry too much. If you do, just convince the kids it was a dream...
2/1/14
After directing billion-dollar hit The Dark Knight, Cristopher Nolan gets to create his very own characters in his very own world, in his very own work: Inception. Who says Hollywood's out of original ideas? This is the most original idea I've seen, even if it gets difficult to follow. Nolan was able to create well-developed characters based on a comic book series, and recreates most of that power with his own. Cobb (Leo DiCaprio) is trying to get back to his kids after he feels he killed his wife. If we were put in those shoes, you really don't blame him for what he does. Once again, practical effects dominate the picture, with almost no noticeable CGI, adding to that authenticity feeling. There really isn't anything disturbing this time visually. before this, Nolan had a Joker that was so sadistic, I'm surprised I haven't had at least one nightmare associated with him. Hans Zimmer teams up with Nolan again to provide another memorable score, and bring emotion to emotional scenes. The dialogue is very well done, and has no unnecessary profanity, but some necessary profanity. The plot may be stretched out a bit, but at least it covers some important stuff, like how they have more time in the dream world than they would in the real world. It overall goes to show: Hollywood can still generate an original idea.
½ December 28, 2016
Overrated movie, but amazing movie, although Nolan could stop borrowing items from another movies like Matrix and this would be a perfect movie.
December 26, 2016
everything about this film is amazing, the music hans did a great job the acting the pace the story 10/10.
December 21, 2016
The story is extremely complicated and brilliantly written, the characters help keep the movie in focus, and the visual effects will just blow you away. One of the absolute best movies of all-time.
December 21, 2016
Inception exceeds the limit to how original and entertaining a film can be.
½ December 17, 2016
Inception is easily one of the greatest fantasy thrillers I have seen in a long time. It takes an idea (dreams) which seems generic but makes it seem like something never seen before.
December 10, 2016
Second best movie I've seen. The creativity, all the planning and preparation leading up to the final action... This is truly a masterpiece that I will never forget.
December 7, 2016
Arguably the most unique film ever made. It is "pure creation"