Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Reviews

April 23, 2017
Not as good as the first two Indiana Jones blockbusters, but still very exciting, with good action and acting. A cool premise for an India adventure.
April 21, 2017
Just fantastic, loved the whole movie
April 16, 2017
My favorite of the series. Many prefer Raiders (which is also a masterpiece), but, I feel you just can't beat Sean Connery as the best Indy sidekick of all time. Their interplay is hilarious throughout. And who better to play Indy's Dad than James Bond?
April 10, 2017
I find this movie to be the best in the franchise. Funny, witty and very well-made, but with some very deep emotional moments between Indy and his dad, I find this movie to be amazing and perfect in its own right
½ April 8, 2017
Not as good as first two. Still has the Indiana Jones charm and Sean Connery is definitely the stand out.
April 3, 2017
It feels like a mix of modern crusading and the classic Indiana Jones fun we all expect from these films. Sean Connery as Indy's Dad is one of the best casting choices in the franchise's history.
½ April 2, 2017
A fun filled adventure, filled with some of the best comedy and emotional moments in any Indiana Jones films, The Last Crusade is in my opinion the best from the series. Harrison Ford is incredible once again and Sean Connery was an amazing choice as Indiana's father. The story is also very fun and gets back to the originals roots of finding a biblical artifact. This movie isn't put on the same pedestal as Raiders of the Lost Ark, but it should be, or placed even higher.
March 29, 2017
Harrison Ford and Sean Connery's partnership was too good!! Lots of humor and action involved!!
March 20, 2017
Brilliant teaming of Ford & Connery make this an enyoyable romp
March 6, 2017
The chemistry between Harrison Ford and Sean Connery and an action-packed plot make Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade just as fun and thrilling as Raiders of the Lost Ark.
½ March 4, 2017
I'm okay with this film. The good stuff feels like an inferior rehash of stuff from the first film, but it isn't the shrieking abomination that "Temple of Doom" is. I find the scenes of prattling on about this guy left that clue and that knight said this thing to be really tedious, like being subjected to a Dan Brown novel, but that is a relatively small part of the film. Alison Doody is nowhere near as interesting as Karen Allen and Julian Glover does not make for an interesting villain, but this film has Sean Connery, so it almost evens out.
March 1, 2017
Rating: 83%
Though not as thematically or deeply entertaining as its predecessors, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade still has gleefully sporadic action and excellent acting to look forward to.
February 28, 2017
Another great film. The addition of Connery to the Indiana Jones canon was a master-stroke and really enriched the characters back story.
½ February 16, 2017
A great end to a trilogy. A
February 16, 2017
Just one long word about this movie Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah (breathe) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
½ January 27, 2017
Connery and Ford are wonderful together. I loved the new dimension of the father/son adventure.
January 24, 2017
This movie is not as good as Raiders, but still is exiting.
January 18, 2017
Thanks to the fantastic addition of Sean Connery; The Last Crusade adds a more emotional core not quite seen before in the series and adds a satisfying, though not lasting, conclusion to the series.
½ January 16, 2017
Though the story is similar in many respects to Raiders (Indy races the Nazis to an artifact which Hitler wants for world domination), Last Crusade is less about plot and more about character, relationships, and comedy. If Raiders is the smartest film in the trilogy, and Temple of Doom is the most exciting, Last Crusade is by far both the funniest and the most emotionally involving, rendering it many fans' favorite film of the series (including mine).

The film has the all of the excellent action sequences, creepy-crawly moments, mysticism, exotic locales, and booby traps that one expects from an Indiana Jones movie. It's a nonstop pursuit: in this case, vehicular chases are the norm, with all sorts of stunt-filled highlights involving trains, boats, motorcycles, planes, and tanks.

What truly sets it apart is a script that, beginning with the intro of Sean Connery's character 45 minutes in, is loaded with almost nonstop comedy, with a finale is both truly touching and thrilling. What's more, it's not just comedy for the sake of laughter; the humor establishes the characters' relationships and moves the story along. While both Harrison Ford and Sean Connery are absolutely iconic actors, neither of them has ever, before or since, displayed such comedic prowess, and it's obvious that both of them are having the time of their life.

One of the neat things about the Indiana Jones movies is that each film reveals something new about our hero's character. There are different virtues and flaws on display each time. Raiders gave us a taste of his romantic side, his academic mind, and his tenacity against obstacles. Temple of Doom highlights his capacity for both greed and compassion, as well as a paternal side in his relationship with Short Round. Last Crusade, without laying it on too thick, shows a man who is still aching from a lonely childhood.

This larger-than-life hero, who smirks at Nazis and courageously challenges a tank while on horseback (armed with just a pistol!), is vulnerable only to his father's disapproval. He resents the man who "taught him self-reliance" but discovers that he respects and loves that man as well. Of course the movie handles it in a way that is more subtle and less sappy than I've made it sound, but it's there nonetheless. Connery, on the other hand, plays gloriously against type as a bookish old man, unaccustomed to danger, but still with hidden strength. He and Ford have a glowing chemistry here, and it's their interplay that elevates this from "very good" to "truly great." * * * * 1/2 (out of five).
January 15, 2017
This film is my personal favorite Indiana Jones movie. I believe The Last Crusade has the best action and pure Indiana Jones moments in the entire series. Harrison Ford is outstanding as usual and Sean Connery plays the Dad role perfect. This movie is outstanding and you could put it in at any time and get enjoyment out of it. This film is nothing but pure fun so thank you Spielberg for again making my life better!