Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Reviews

September 20, 2017
Second best Indy film after Raiders of the Lost Ark... 10/10
September 16, 2017
As the third film of this popular franchise has been brought to the big screen and is the last one to be made in this generation. This was a great action film and I loved how it didn't lose id's good quality of a kick butt character.
½ September 16, 2017
Number one is adventure, number two is frights, and number three is fun (they're all the three, but in different proportions). Sean Connery is the perfect acolyte to accompany Harrison Ford in this rich 'Last Crusade' which is pleasant from beginning to end and ranks among the most entertaining films I have seen. It's rich because it's a trip, like several movies in one, with definitely enough action, places and situations for several. Spielberg's 'Last Crusade' is, like its predecessors, a mainstream success which shows a third, comic aspect of the Indiana Jones franchise.
September 15, 2017
In my opinion, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the best Indiana Jones movie. Yes, better than Raiders of the Lost Ark and DEFINITELY an improvement over that terrifying yet still somehow entertaining Temple of Doom movie. Good news, they got rid of Spielberg's wife and Indy's Chinese kid sidekick in this one. I definitely find this to be the funniest out of the three with Sean Connery's hilarious performance along with a father-like feel to Harrison Ford, who once again does another great job as Indy. The action sequences are as fun as always and there are humorous moments every now and then to lighten the tension. I doubt I'll ever see anything funnier in this franchise than Indy posing as a ticket checker and throwing a Nazi officer looking for the Joneses and after saying "no ticket" scares everyone into presenting their tickets. Hilarious. The Last Crusade: one of the best movie sequels ever made and one of my favourite Spielberg movies of all time.
September 11, 2017
It's hard to find a film who's stars had better chemistry than Ford and Connery had in this film.
September 3, 2017
Best of the four current films.
September 2, 2017
Now in the search for the Holy Grail, Indiana Jones shows us how great his father is and I wish we'd only have more of both of them. Sean Connery can inspire either courage and sweetness and the plot is really good. The visual effects are awesome in this movie.
½ August 19, 2017
My favourite of the three. It has plenty of action and a good mix of humour between Ford and Connery.
August 17, 2017
With thrilling action sequences, a well-thought out and interesting story with witty, funny dialogue, and a fantastic sidekick in Sean Connery as Indy's father, 'The Last Crusade' takes the best aspects of each of the two previous films and combines them to create the ultimate Indiana Jones tale and one of the most entertaining adventure films ever made. You can't come out of this not having had an absolute blast!
August 9, 2017
This is my favorite Indiana Jones movie out of them all! It is also pretty much in my Top 20 list of all time as well! This movie is everything and more that I could have hoped for. Even though it does get a bit silly from time to time, it never stopped entertaining me. This is worth watching many times!
August 4, 2017
Watched it because of Petra
July 26, 2017
I love this movie! Personally it's my favorite out of the first 3. It definetley is not the best but I love the treasure that Indiana is searching for and the story is just written so well. Sean Connery really is so good as Indiana's father that you can actualy see him being his father in real life. Just like the first 2 films in the franchise it has everything you have come to expect from an Indiana film. I also love that we get to see a small taste of our hero's childhood. It follows the exact same formula as the first 2 but that's what makes a successful franchise. Some of the old favourite characters return and join in on the adventure which was a refreshing change. With this film Spielberg and Lucas insured that they created a truly successful trilogy of films that could even rival Star Wars. I would go so far as to say that in some ways Indiana Jones is a stronger trilogy than the first Star Wars trilogy simply because with this film Indiana realy does end on a strong note.
July 25, 2017
Hands down the best in the original trilogy. Great action, visuals and acting by both Ford and Connery. A must watch
July 16, 2017
Great movie! Great duo w/ Sean Connery and Harrison Ford. Great ending and great music. Did I mention how great this movie is!
½ July 13, 2017
The "Indiana Jones" franchise offers so many great action scenes and iconic adventures and battles between an archaeologist and some Nazis, but is it that great? These adventure movies have been a part of many generations of film goers and they became quite one with their culture. But is Indiana Jones really an archaelogist? Or is he the hero every dude hoped for? Dr Jones represents the greatest part of the population and that's why his movies are beloved. I personaly think though, that other than entertainment they serve no other purpose whatsoever. The previous two movies of the franchise balanced the adventure and the entertainment best, in this one it feels like this balance is lost. Many scenes filled with action and perfect one-liners, iconic yes, but really not more than that. It was a great journey watching these movies but unfortunately Dr Jones didn't manage to win me and become my hero. Maybe I was rooting for a real archaeologist than this Bond-like fighter.
½ July 8, 2017
The cast has a charming chemistry, the story, and tone mimics the grand setting of Raiders, and thankfully it all comes together spectacularly.
July 5, 2017
A great ride with an engaging plotline, funny situations and great performances
July 2, 2017
second best In the series
July 1, 2017
I love the indiana jones movies full stop and this is probably my favourite. It's a perfect adventure film.
½ June 10, 2017
Honestly, it's way sillier than you remember. Still better than Temple of Doom but not by much.