Into the Wild - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Into the Wild Reviews

½ April 16, 2018
Great movie which gives you enough to think about in life.
March 16, 2018
Best movie I ever saw
March 10, 2018
this was an excellent movie
March 1, 2018
Just a great, great movie on so many levels.
½ January 28, 2018
A miraculous cinematic achievement, led by Emile Hirsch. It's a true story which makes it pack even that much more of a punch. Emile does a splendid job in this coming of age drama about a boy who forgoes all of societies benefits to go out on his own and live off the land. There are beautiful settings from the cold unforgiving Arctic, to the southern seas in the Gulf of Mexico. It's a sad story, but one that needs to be heard nonetheless.
½ January 22, 2018
From my point of view only the OST by Eddie Vedder makes this movie fresh. I kinda have to listen to it at least once every month. But let's talk about the film: very nice nature-and-man adventure that it's a bit challenging due it's running time, but that doesn't leave any regrets when the closing credits come (finally) along. I recommended it.
January 15, 2018
Sometimes you stumble upon a piece of art that sets a question mark to everything you believe in. It challenges your perspective of life. Into The Wild is one of those art pieces.
January 14, 2018
Wow. Powerful movie of a young man with his own ideas about life. Powerful, sad, Loveable, it's a marathon at 2hr 30min but worth it. ????????????
January 12, 2018
A film with three viewpoints. The narration by the sister of "Alexander Supertramp," (the character of Christopher McCandless played by Emile Hirsch), the Supertramp himself, and the unspoken perspective of the Supertramp's parents.

The story: A disillusioned, intelligent college graduate realizes that he can not tolerate "society." As a result, he decides to dump his money, dump his car, and travel, as a tramp, losing himself by looking for himself. He heads, in a round-about-way, for Alaska where he can live alone.

Supertramp's sister provides various narrations throughout the film trying to understand why he disappeared as he did -- and gets it -- after reflecting on their family life together.

Not examined is the parental perspective -- worried and concerned -- at times fearing that Chris is dead, but not wanting to bear the fact that he wanted to disappear and they are or were at least partly to blame.

While the film is enjoyable as we follow the adventures of Chris, it is unbearable to see this story from the parent's mindset. Chris is selfish, self-centered, and immature, and never thinks of how his parents may feel not knowing whether Chris is dead or alive, suffering somewhere alone, hungry or sick.

Chris makes some mistakes living alone which eventually kills him -- wasting his life, devastating his parents and causing a great deal of sorrow for his sister.
January 7, 2018
História incrivelmente triste.
October 29, 2017
Well directed and well acted. A sad story but inspirational.
September 21, 2017
Great movie and book
September 1, 2017
Sean Penn incredibly the whole of America as his backdrop is beautiful about a young man embark on his own hero's journey as he struggles with the elements, his increasing frailty and the cinematography's increasing grandeur mesh in a way that's at once iconic and wrenching.
½ August 30, 2017
This is a well-written tale which is a poignant and moving character study. It may not appeal to all fans of the survival genre but it is still an amazing movie which is an emotional ride.

Graduated student Christopher McCandless donates all of his money to charity and begins to set out to live in the Alaskan wild. Along the way, he meets a series of people who change his life.

Its story is very deep. It's a story of following a path that you choose for yourself. I always like it when movie's have deep plots which make you think. Christopher says that he feels career's are a 20th-century invention and he wants no part of that and I sort of agree with him. Its story is really important because it revolves around and talks about the opinion that many people have.

The acting is great from Emile Hirsch. Many of the other actors give superb roles as well. There weren't any actors who gave performances I had an issue with.

I don't think it's flawless though. There were very few scenes of survival in this film. I likely would've enjoyed the movie more had it consisted of something like 50% survival scenes and 50% flashbacks. However, what we got instead was about 85%-90% flashbacks. Also, the film dragged a little.

Also, on a side note, I recommend you don't read the critic reviews because many of them contain spoilers. I usually trust the critics, but in this case, I'd say ignore them and read them after you watch the movie.

So in conclusion, this is a great character study which contains great lessons and it may affect you greatly depending on what you believe. It could've been better, but it's still a good film.
August 16, 2017
One of those exceptional haunting films that stays with you for a very long time. Beautifully done in every regard. This what movies are for.
July 28, 2017
Naive and very boring story about a boy who has lived sheltered life and doesnt know anything about common peoples struggles.
July 21, 2017
The film has reasons to exist. True reasons. I believe in the attempts of this type of proposals, but the movie lacks on its vision. Although it is a potentially promising story, at the end it remained like that, as a promise. 58/100
July 14, 2017
Not a lot of movies make me cry, but this did it. This movie was absolutely brilliant. It was very sad and heartbreaking at the end, but i love it nonetheless.
July 2, 2017
Amazing movie. Very emotional, heartwarming, well-directed, and overall a well-done film.
½ June 22, 2017
Couldn't do it...I just couldn't do it.
Turned it off after 40 minutes.
If I can't like a protagonist, I can't like a film. Just another philandering twit growing a beard and going on the road and somehow becoming superior to everyone else.
It had to be turned off.