Into the Wild - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Into the Wild Reviews

½ January 4, 2017
running away from what i personally call the so empty life, a young man runs away leaving everything behind....The most beautiful thing about this movie is the music, Marcia Gay Harden (as usual delivering another classic & classy performance) and how life can be so simple...
½ December 3, 2016
Stellar performance.
November 19, 2016
don't think i loved it but had some redeeming qualities.
½ November 18, 2016
"Happiness is only real, when SHARED"
November 6, 2016
Película que siempre vuelve a la mente (siempre vuelve a transformarte). La búsqueda de lo auténtico y de la belleza. La búsqueda de lo que significa y es vivir. Una de mis películas favoritas. Sincera.

Huir de lo banal. ¿La felicidad en la soledad? Naturaleza, belleza, ¿amor? Inspirado por Tolstoi, Jack London y Thoreau. El "estado de naturaleza" enfrentado ante la auténtica felicidad, la superior: el amor.

"Happiness is only real when shared".
November 5, 2016
Absorbing recounting about the extraordinary and tragic adventure of Christopher McCandless
November 2, 2016
This is the greatest movie of all time.
November 1, 2016
Sean Penn writes and directs the ambitious 'Into the Wild' but despite beautiful, it bites off more than it can chew. I know that for this to make money and have a wider release it needed some cameos from stars, but a few just seemed out of place and forced. Our lead, Emile Hirsch just didn't do it for me. He tries, but I wasn't buying him. My favorite part of the movie was the scenes with Hal Holbrook. There was something special about those few minutes. Overall there were not enough of those moments. Catch it on cable, but DVR it.
October 28, 2016
A spellbinding masterpiece featuring a transcendent central performance by Emile Hirsch. "Into the Wild" is a great film,
October 17, 2016
Made me want to make the commitment to hike the AT.
October 15, 2016
Interesting biopic with no shortage of amazing scenery and unique philosophical meanderings.
October 6, 2016
Great book rendered into a really good film.
October 1, 2016
A life changing movie
September 5, 2016
One of my favorite movies. FTW
August 27, 2016
A beautiful tale of adventure and the importance of human connection.
½ August 12, 2016
I fucking love this movie! This movie is motivation and really puts another perspective on life! Based on a true story this film was awesome. Eye catcher as soon as you lay your eyes on your screen!
August 2, 2016
"Into the Wild" has it's flaws, but it's a profound fact-based film about self-discovery and the human condition and I hope everyone gets the chance to see it.
July 31, 2016
A journey not everybody needs to take, but some questions we all come through sooner or later.
July 28, 2016
Poignant, moving and litrered with superb performances throughout. Recommended.
July 19, 2016
This is a well-written tale which is a poignant and moving character study. It may not appeal to all fans of the survival genre but it is still an amazing movie which is an emotional ride.

Graduated student Christopher McCandless donates all of his money to charity and begins to set out to live in the Alaskan wild. Along the way, he meets a series of people who change his life.

Its story is very deep. It's a story of following a path that you choose for yourself. I always like it when movie's have deep plots which make you think. Christopher says that he feels career's are a 20th-century invention and he wants no part of that and I sort of agree with him. Its story is really important because it revolves around and talks about the opinion that many people have.

The acting is near perfect from Emile Hirsch. Many of the other actors give superb roles as well. There weren't any actors who gave performances that were less than great.

Of course though, this movie isn't for anyone because most of the movie featured flashbacks leading up to it. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it does mean that it is more slower-paced than most movies in the genre. Also, there were a few parts which I felt were a bit too slow and boring. Luckily though, the movie didn't feature these too much and it was still able to keep my interest. It's just not the most exciting move in the genre.

Also on a side note, I recommend that you don't read the critic reviews because many of them contain spoilers. I usually trust the critics but in this case I'd say ignore them just for this movie.

So in conclusion, this is a fantastic character study which contains great lessons and it may affect you greatly depending on what you believe. It may be slower-paced at times but it's still a must-watch.