Invisible Invaders Reviews

• Jul 30, 2015

We're all just 24-hours away from destruction. Aliens that have resided in the moon for 20,000 years contact a scientist with political and military contacts. They inform the scientist that they plan to infiltrate the dead, bring them back as zombies, and have them devour everyone on Earth. The scientist has 24-hours to convince people with influence that the threat is true and they need to act to stop them. "We have never bothered Earth because of its slow scientific development." Edward Cahn, director of It!, The Terror from beyond Space, Invasion of the Saucer Men, Annie was a Wonder, Gun Fight, and The Music Box Kid, delivers Invisible Invaders. The storyline for this picture was just okay with some cool zombie aspects. The makeup and costumes I felt were pretty well done. The cast delivers cliché performances and include John Carradine, John Agar, Jean Byron, and Paul Langton. "The dead will kill the living and the people of Earth will cease to exist." I randomly DVR'd this picture since it was recommend to me off Fios. I enjoyed this for the most part. I won't say this is special, but I do always enjoy the zombie pictures from this era (the classic slow walking kind). The movie is just okay but a fun viewing if you're a fan of the genre during this era. "My attitude now is more of a hindrance than help." Grade: C

• Jul 14, 2015

Pretty silly...actually just pretty bad

Pretty silly...actually just pretty bad

• Jul 03, 2015

Cheaply made alien invasion film from slock director Edward L. Cahn. Invisible martians from the moon plan invade earth and plan to colonize (because we'll otherwise destroy ourselves with nuclear weapons). The invisible martians possess dead bodies which then attack the living, which has kind of a zombie vibe to it about 10 years before "Night of the Living Dead" came out. The possessed corpse make-up and their stiff movements even look like the zombies in Romero's first film. The zombies are even referred to as "the walking dead" at one point by the film's over dramatic narrator. Still, they don't fed on the flesh of the living and the film lacks any of the "rules" that Romero set up for his zombies (i.e. destroy the brain to kill the zombie, anyone who dies turns into a zombie, etc.) so no one can make the case that Romero stole from this movie. Overall, this film is super low budget, featuring loads of stock footage (including the classic wreck at the end of "Thunder Road"), a rather uncoupling story, and a generally pretty boring alien invasion story. The story might have made a decent 30 minute "Twilight Zone" episode, but not a feature length film. Probably only worth watching for it's contribution to the zombie genre,which was mainly as an influence on George A. Romero's "Night of the Living Dead" where he created the horror sub genre.

• Jan 29, 2015

There are two options when you walk into Invisible Invaders: Either straight up terrible, or awesome in its unintentional absurdity. This movie falls into the latter.

• Jan 14, 2015

This movie started out great but then went to crapville.

This movie started out great but then went to crapville.

• Oct 11, 2014

I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit.

I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit.

• Aug 06, 2014

Invisible Invaders (Edward L. Cahn, 1959) Nauseating anti-nuke propaganda that would have just been mind-numbingly stupid before Cahn dug into his fifty-cent special effects budget in the last fifteen minutes of the movie. Then it becomes terrifying. I can just imagine the announcer on the trailer: "You truly will not believe how crappy the special effects in the movie are!" A quarter admission in the fifties got you two flicks, a newsreel, some cartoons, and maybe a two-reeler if it was a slow week. If one of those movies was Invisible Invaders, you still would've been justified in demanding your money back. Wooden acting, flat-out bad camerawork, and just wait till you see those effects. On second thought, I hope you never do. 1/2

• Sep 13, 2013

High camp horror,classic Stough, An early Zombie style film as Aliens take over dead human bodies,and seek to kill the living,will they find the cure in an underground Lab?

• Nov 22, 2012

Awful dialogue, sub-par acting, and less than stellar effects are expected in low-budget sci-fi from this era, and you get just that here. However, the story is so ridiculous and the zombies are pretty convincing making it nearly watchable.

• Jun 02, 2012

To have an enemy is one thing, but to have someone appear invisible is another. It was very unique how they were able to make the invisible invaders appear before them. The aliens invade dead bodies and become zombie like. A group of scientists now have the task of trying to kill the invisible invaders.