Iron Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 2 Reviews

½ September 24, 2017
Enjoyable. While the villain was bland it had great humor, a good character arc, and amazing action sequences.
September 23, 2017
Not as good as the sequel as it wasn't as good watching a tony stark thinking he was gonna die but the end final battle was good and Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle were good characters
½ September 18, 2017
one of the worst films in the marvel universe john favreau was rushed and shit on by Kevin fihe
½ September 15, 2017
Great movie, met expectations.
September 11, 2017
It isn't nearly as good as the first one, although it has some fun scenes.
½ September 9, 2017
Though it doesn't quite have the same heart its predecessor did, Iron Man 2 is still a very entertaining ride. The action, CG, and pacing of the film are positives, as is the cast as a whole, headlined by Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark, who is (still) always fun to watch. His character continues to grow along the journey he started in the last film. The movie's biggest flaw, however, is that it spends a decent amount of time setting up the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe: introducing Black Widow (played greatly by Scarlett Johansson, I might add), unveiling Don Cheadle's Rhodey as War Machine, teasing the then-upcoming Thor and Captain America movies, etc. Though this is not a bad thing at all, it does take away from the heart the original Iron Man had. It is similar in tone to Iron Man 1, but this lesser heart makes it not as fine a film. However, it is still very entertaining, and should be required viewing for anyone on the road to The Avengers.
September 7, 2017
Iron Man 2 has its great moments, and a great performance from Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, but the attempt to build up the cinematic universe around it made it suffer.
September 7, 2017
Not as good as the first one. Sam Rockwell did a good job at being nerdy and funny. I laughed at his attempts to be like Tony Stark when he was presenter at the Stark Expo. Still a good movie and sequel.
September 5, 2017
"Iron Man 2" might not be one of the best Marvel sequels but it continues to surprise its audience (even not always), to give us some badass action scenes and develop Tony Stark, Pepper Potts and Rhodey, as well as the Avengers Initiative. Nick Fury is some badass motherfucka! But Mickey Rourke was bad used, it needed to have some more scenes and development. He isn't a bad character but his arc needed more time to giving us more information of how he is so goddamn smart and how he managed to learn to play that last Iron Man giant suit. Some other little things were a pain in the ass and this movie wasn't perfect. But hey, it's cool!
September 2, 2017
Iron man is back now it gets better with the action and fighting I thought now it's getting better, iron man is cool I think he will take on whip lash they will face off! Go iron man!
½ August 20, 2017
I never added this?

I probably would have rated it higher at the time, but given that I've seen it twice and still can barely remember a thing that happened, we're going to go with 2.5/5.
½ August 15, 2017
Esperienza che rimane coerente ed in linea con il primo film, ricca di scene d'azione divertenti, ben girate e coreografate. Oltre ad una storia più ricca, vengono aggiunti anche dettagli che spiegano l'universo dello S.H.I.E.L.D. che si verrà a creare nei futuri film. Nel complesso è un bel film, un grande passo avanti sia per Iron Man che per tutto l'universo Marvel.
½ August 6, 2017
Let's get the obvious out of the way. "Iron Man 2" is not as good as the original; it doesn't have the emotional heft and complexity of the first film and it is narratively all over the place. There are too many subplots that don't really add up in the end and there are times throughout the film that had me go, "I'm sorry, what? Why is that in there? That doesn't make sense." But even when I knew things were falling apart, I still had a lot of fun watching the film thanks to its interesting characters and exciting action sequences. Downey Jr. as Tony Stark is the most brilliant casting choice ever and he is the one who carries this film through all the ups and downs, and just like what he did with the first one, director Jon Favreau does an excellent job balancing the character moments with explosive action set-pieces. "Iron Man 2" is uneven and convoluted, but it is still really good fun.
August 4, 2017
Guaranteed to disappoint ironman fans everywhere with its boring plot and forgettable nonthreatening villain.
August 2, 2017
"Iron Man 2" doesn't fail to once again give off that cool vibe with cool suits and technology backed by kickass AC/DC songs. It seems that Tony has gotten a lot more cocky since revealing he's Iron Man back in the last film. The best scenes, in my opinion, continue to be when he is in the garage with Jarvis and his robot helpers building stuff and designing cool stuff. And let's just get this out of the way, the clink of the helmet turns us all on, let's be honest. The antagonist in this story is Ivan Vanko (son of a Russian scientist who helped Howard Stark develop the arc reactor), but I don't understand why exactly he is after him
The timeline of suits lined up in his garage is sick. I really enjoyed the skirmish fight scene between Rhodey and Tony during the birthday party. This film even had a good balance of comedy, awesomeness, and even touchy parts as Pepper Potts obtains a larger role in this film (especially at the end). Black Widow is introduced in this film and Nick Fury continues to be involved. I love the bickering between Pepper and Tony (they would make a good couple) and the friendship between Rhodey and Tony. Not as good as the first one but definitely a fantastic movie.

The end scene shows Thor's hammer.

Stan Lee is mistaken for Larry King.
July 31, 2017
Iron Man 2 is the sequel to Iron Man and it's not quite as good, but it's pretty close. The move sets up the avengers and the end of the credits you see Thor'a hammer. And the bad guy is mad at Tony because his father did something to his family so he teams up with the hammer company to destroy Tony. The villain was ok, but not as good as the villain was in Iron Man. And the final battle was also good because Tony teams up. If you like Iron Man, then you should see this movie.
July 30, 2017
The follow up to what was, at the time, a unique film in the superhero genre. Iron Man 2 once again tries to focus on the character of Tony Stark rather than Iron Man. Unfortunately a poor script, lack of character depth, and a boring climax leave Iron Man 2 feeling like the sloppy second half of a superhero origin story, which it effectively is. Redeeming qualities include Robert Downey Jr.'s performance and the inclusion of Don Cheadle. Only watch if you are big fan of either Iron Man or the Marvel Cinematic universe.
July 20, 2017
Iron Man 2 has got to be the worst movie I've seen in the MCU. I know Tony Stark acted like a jerk in the first movie, but there at least he had some wit to him, but in Iron Man 2, he acted like a bigger one. Again, it's not one of the worst films of all time, but it's just a bore.
½ July 16, 2017
Pretty good. Mickey Rourke was underused.
½ July 15, 2017
It's certainly not bad, but it could be better. You can tell Jon Favreau was rushed to make this sequel happen.