Iron Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 2 Reviews

½ August 15, 2017
Esperienza che rimane coerente ed in linea con il primo film, ricca di scene d'azione divertenti, ben girate e coreografate. Oltre ad una storia più ricca, vengono aggiunti anche dettagli che spiegano l'universo dello S.H.I.E.L.D. che si verrà a creare nei futuri film. Nel complesso è un bel film, un grande passo avanti sia per Iron Man che per tutto l'universo Marvel.
½ August 6, 2017
Let's get the obvious out of the way. "Iron Man 2" is not as good as the original; it doesn't have the emotional heft and complexity of the first film and it is narratively all over the place. There are too many subplots that don't really add up in the end and there are times throughout the film that had me go, "I'm sorry, what? Why is that in there? That doesn't make sense." But even when I knew things were falling apart, I still had a lot of fun watching the film thanks to its interesting characters and exciting action sequences. Downey Jr. as Tony Stark is the most brilliant casting choice ever and he is the one who carries this film through all the ups and downs, and just like what he did with the first one, director Jon Favreau does an excellent job balancing the character moments with explosive action set-pieces. "Iron Man 2" is uneven and convoluted, but it is still really good fun.
August 4, 2017
Guaranteed to disappoint ironman fans everywhere with its boring plot and forgettable nonthreatening villain.
August 2, 2017
"Iron Man 2" doesn't fail to once again give off that cool vibe with cool suits and technology backed by kickass AC/DC songs. It seems that Tony has gotten a lot more cocky since revealing he's Iron Man back in the last film. The best scenes, in my opinion, continue to be when he is in the garage with Jarvis and his robot helpers building stuff and designing cool stuff. And let's just get this out of the way, the clink of the helmet turns us all on, let's be honest. The antagonist in this story is Ivan Vanko (son of a Russian scientist who helped Howard Stark develop the arc reactor), but I don't understand why exactly he is after him
The timeline of suits lined up in his garage is sick. I really enjoyed the skirmish fight scene between Rhodey and Tony during the birthday party. This film even had a good balance of comedy, awesomeness, and even touchy parts as Pepper Potts obtains a larger role in this film (especially at the end). Black Widow is introduced in this film and Nick Fury continues to be involved. I love the bickering between Pepper and Tony (they would make a good couple) and the friendship between Rhodey and Tony. Not as good as the first one but definitely a fantastic movie.

The end scene shows Thor's hammer.

Stan Lee is mistaken for Larry King.
July 31, 2017
Iron Man 2 is the sequel to Iron Man and it's not quite as good, but it's pretty close. The move sets up the avengers and the end of the credits you see Thor'a hammer. And the bad guy is mad at Tony because his father did something to his family so he teams up with the hammer company to destroy Tony. The villain was ok, but not as good as the villain was in Iron Man. And the final battle was also good because Tony teams up. If you like Iron Man, then you should see this movie.
July 30, 2017
The follow up to what was, at the time, a unique film in the superhero genre. Iron Man 2 once again tries to focus on the character of Tony Stark rather than Iron Man. Unfortunately a poor script, lack of character depth, and a boring climax leave Iron Man 2 feeling like the sloppy second half of a superhero origin story, which it effectively is. Redeeming qualities include Robert Downey Jr.'s performance and the inclusion of Don Cheadle. Only watch if you are big fan of either Iron Man or the Marvel Cinematic universe.
July 20, 2017
Iron Man 2 has got to be the worst movie I've seen in the MCU. I know Tony Stark acted like a jerk in the first movie, but there at least he had some wit to him, but in Iron Man 2, he acted like a bigger one. Again, it's not one of the worst films of all time, but it's just a bore.
½ July 16, 2017
Pretty good. Mickey Rourke was underused.
½ July 15, 2017
It's certainly not bad, but it could be better. You can tell Jon Favreau was rushed to make this sequel happen.
½ July 13, 2017
Is a very entertaining film, but inferior to the first film.
July 5, 2017
After the success of the first film, this one was disappointing. Cheadle is a tremendous upgrade from Howard and the addition of Jonansson helped things. Rourke is criminally underutilized here after his resurrection in the Wrestler and the plot just isn't that great. The only scenes that stand out are the ones involving Downey.
½ July 5, 2017
Using its predecessor's winning formula, Iron Man returns in Iron Man 2, with an intimidating villain, character development, and a funny conclusion.
½ July 5, 2017
This sequel is not perfect, what with its generic villain and plot, along with unnecessary drama, but it does expand the roster of characters and packs a real punch when it comes down to action.
July 1, 2017
First one was so much better but this is still good
June 27, 2017
It's basically like Transformers.
June 27, 2017
Ah man I have got to see this.... :D
June 24, 2017
Once again Robert Downey Jr. is great in the role, but this movie isn't great because it feels like a set up for the avengers and it has a forgettable villain and is a forgettable movie overall.

6.5/10
½ June 17, 2017
Iron Man 2 mixes fun with the action, but seems to be a little overkill with all of the characters mixed in storylines and motives.
June 17, 2017
Critics and The Audience agree, Iron Man 2 is a great example of a sequel that is not as good as the original. C+
½ June 13, 2017