Iron Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 2 Reviews

½ March 25, 2017
It's OK but the reason it's not as good as the first is because it's way too similar to the first Iron Man movie that came out into 2008, it has the exact same plot a the first movie, and another problem is that Terrence Howard is replaced by Don Cheadlebut, I will say this the action is amazing, and the plot for the most part in the movie makes a lot more sense than in the first one, and it's always very entertaining and avoids clichés while at the same time making fun of them so I guess you can say it's pretty good, it did everything it had to do and I enjoyed it
½ March 24, 2017
Not a bad film by any means but the weakest of the three so far and adds very little to the Marvel Cinematic Universe plot (with the exception of black widow and war machine)
March 22, 2017
fun and full of action but my least favorite if the three iron man movies
½ March 20, 2017
Poor Mickey Rourke and Jon Favreau, because this was pretty obvious that there was too much interference from the studio, and made not into a true sequel which everyone was expecting to see, but as an infomercial for one of the greatest action films of all time! I tried to enjoy this film, but it just left a me really disappointed! What the heck guys!?
½ March 20, 2017
Literally 2 hours of Tony Stark being an asshole and a wasted Mickey Rourke.
March 18, 2017
From the success of Iron Man 1, the second film in the iron man series, third in the MCU, Iron Man 2 took a big drop from what its previous movie had. It just didn't have the same feel. Still an action packed joyride of fun, but a little overrated. My Score: 68%
½ March 17, 2017
Very underrated. While a little confusing, it is still really good. The action is well done, and a good Marvel movie.
½ March 14, 2017
Half actual Iron Man sequel, half boring Avengers shadowing. Meb.
½ March 6, 2017
Like Iron Man but bigger!
½ March 5, 2017
Somehow the movie doesn't perform when compared to its predecessor and is slightly disappointing. A weak villain comprises the entire story. Robert Downey Jr. just carries the movie on his shoulders.
March 4, 2017
Iron Man 2 is a boring mess which does not live up to the first movie, nor does it contribute much to MCU, or the entire superhero genre for the matter.
½ March 2, 2017
The follow up to the terrific Iron Man, Iron Man 2 has its moments but ends up tripping over itself.

Once again Downey knocks it out of the park however the villains played by Rourke and Rockwell just don't quite deliver. They do have their moments, especially Rockwell as the incompetent Stark wannabe Justin Hammer, but you never feel the same amount of menace as you did from Stane in the first movie. Tony spends most of the movie dealing with the fallout from his chest piece and only in the last act do they remember that they need some villains for the climax.

The movie is cluttered with too many characters and subplots, a failing of far too many films in the genre. Favreau once again does a great job as director but they needed to trim and focus this movie to make it go to the next level.

Overall a good movie, but not great.
March 1, 2017
Upon first viewing years ago I gave it 2 1/2 stars. Re-watched it recently and it is a MUCH better watch now that the MCU has unfolded in much greater depth and detail. It actually makes Iron Man 2's story easier to follow the 2nd time around now that I know all of the characters and back story. Same thing happened when I recently Re-watched The Incredible Hulk and the 1st Iron Man. Looking forward to re-watching Thor to see if the trend continues.
February 26, 2017
It expands on the titular hero, but thinly written villains and a very formulaic plot drag it down. It's sad to see such good actors not be able to achieve their potential for the sake of goofy lines and silly scenes.
February 22, 2017
It's obviously well made and offers enough action and humour to make for breezy, undemanding entertainment but I personally can only handle small doses of Robert Downey Jr.'s brash and unlikable character. I also find that the closer these marvel movies get to The Avengers, the goofier they get.
½ February 5, 2017
Iron Man 2 Might've Been The Best in the series But I kind of Also Like Iron Man 3 For some reason Don't ask But This Movie was a good shot ! ??
January 27, 2017
Iron Man 2, the follow-up to the first one is a step down for director Jon Favearu. Honestly, I find this movie some what entertaining with eye-popping action sequences, like say, the part where Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark/Iron Man faces Mickey Rourke's Ivan Vanko/Whiplash for the first time on the race track, and Tony Stark needed to be equip his new Iron Man Mark V suit, so he dons his armor that was made man- portable in the form of a suitcase. That was a very cool action scene. Overall, I also find it that there was no character development or maturing & flawed at times. Didn't feel new or refreshing. Iron Man 2 was just a popcorn flick.
½ January 18, 2017
More clever then the first one with great character performances by Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell and a great fight that features Jon Favreau in a know-down fist fight while Black Widow does absurb comic book moves. It is the contrast that exposes how unrealistic movie fights are, but I think it enhances rather then detracts from the movie.
January 17, 2017
Robert Downey Jr. reprises his star-making role from the first film, as a charmingly egotistical, but ultimately courageous superhero. The film has a terrific cast, some clever banter, and a handful of genuinely thrilling action sequences, but the story isn't as focused or compelling as that of the first film. It feels as if the filmmakers are trying too hard to win over the comparatively few fans of the comic books, but in doing so alienate, to an extent, the mainstream audience. That said, IRON MAN 2 works as an exciting summer blockbuster with wit and spectacle, but doesn't quite measure up to the original. Action violence abounds, and a few innuendos and scantily-clad females pop up as well.
January 11, 2017
The Tony Stark of Iron Man 2 is more chilling in the age of Trump. He's a blunt, sassy billionaire whose assistant busies herself shielding him from potential sexual harassment lawsuits. He dives into cringeworthy stunts. Enjoying Downey's charisma made me feel bad about myself. I was pretty infatuated with Rourke's physicist-supervillain though.