Iron Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 2 Reviews

January 11, 2017
The Tony Stark of Iron Man 2 is more chilling in the age of Trump. He's a blunt, sassy billionaire whose assistant busies herself shielding him from potential sexual harassment lawsuits. He dives into cringeworthy stunts. Enjoying Downey's charisma made me feel bad about myself. I was pretty infatuated with Rourke's physicist-supervillain though.
½ January 6, 2017
Definitely the worst MCU movie but is saved by RDJs Incredible Performance.
January 6, 2017
Black widow first apperence / 20
½ January 2, 2017
Although has some enjoyable times and better action than the first, this movie is my least favorite MCU movie with more problems than Spider-Man 3.What did I like? Like I said,the action is an improvement and while not necessary, I liked the introducing to Scarlett Johansson's Black widow. What Did I Hate? Whiplash was also underdeveloped, not much of Iron Man, too much plot holes not being answered, dumb dialogue, what happened? Overall,you might enjoy or hate Iron Man 2. I don't know what side I'm on(possibly both).
January 1, 2017
Not quite as good as the first, but still a thoroughly enjoyable entry to the franchise.
½ December 29, 2016
more amusing antics directed by jon favreau. mickey rourke shines brightly!
December 22, 2016
Cheeky and well made.
½ December 22, 2016
Not a great marvel film, but still interesting!
½ December 17, 2016
A muddled mess, which gets lost in its attempts to setup The Avengers, Iron Man 2 is an unfortunately dull and lifeless movie, which to this day may be the worst entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
½ December 14, 2016
Lacking with a meh villain but Downey is not getting any worse, keeps rocking the character with witty lines and great moments.
December 9, 2016
First was definitely better, but this one was pretty good too! Much more far-fetched...
½ December 7, 2016
Not as good as the original but still a good movie.
½ December 5, 2016
Although enjoyable, this sequel adopts a more serious tone and grants the main character a tragic nuance, which unfortunately turns the movie into a less gratifying experience, since what made the first so great was its sarcastic human hero who never seemed to care about others.
November 30, 2016
An ok sequel, but the action scenes make up for the lack luster and meh plot.
½ November 30, 2016
I have a love-hate relationship with this movie. The movie's missing action and has too much humor, but my god the acton is fantastic.
½ November 13, 2016
Reasonably entertaining adventure, but there is a discernable dead spot in the middle of the movie followed by a surfeit of explosions and effects. Also, there are too many plot elements in play which makes this sequel more ponderous and confused compared to its predecessor.
November 12, 2016
iron man 2 is definitely not as good as the first and people say it doesn't have as much action sequences and is boring but that's not a bad thing. yes the villain is awful and the introduction to black widow is boring but the fact that tony stark is suffering from a disease that will eventually kill him is great because it increased his character development.

Owens grade: B-
November 12, 2016
The point where Marvel fell in love with itself for a bit. Needed taking down a few pegs as this was just lazy.
½ November 12, 2016
This...was a mess. It certainly tried to capture Tony Stark's dark, emotional spiral of alcoholism and depression, but it instead just captured a lot of scenes of people talking over each other.