Iron Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 2 Reviews

½ December 7, 2016
Not as good as the original but still a good movie.
½ December 5, 2016
Although enjoyable, this sequel adopts a more serious tone and grants the main character a tragic nuance, which unfortunately turns the movie into a less gratifying experience, since what made the first so great was its sarcastic human hero who never seemed to care about others.
November 30, 2016
An ok sequel, but the action scenes make up for the lack luster and meh plot.
½ November 30, 2016
I have a love-hate relationship with this movie. The movie's missing action and has too much humor, but my god the acton is fantastic.
½ November 13, 2016
Reasonably entertaining adventure, but there is a discernable dead spot in the middle of the movie followed by a surfeit of explosions and effects. Also, there are too many plot elements in play which makes this sequel more ponderous and confused compared to its predecessor.
November 12, 2016
iron man 2 is definitely not as good as the first and people say it doesn't have as much action sequences and is boring but that's not a bad thing. yes the villain is awful and the introduction to black widow is boring but the fact that tony stark is suffering from a disease that will eventually kill him is great because it increased his character development.

Owens grade: B-
November 12, 2016
The point where Marvel fell in love with itself for a bit. Needed taking down a few pegs as this was just lazy.
½ November 12, 2016
This...was a mess. It certainly tried to capture Tony Stark's dark, emotional spiral of alcoholism and depression, but it instead just captured a lot of scenes of people talking over each other.
November 9, 2016
Iron Man 2 has most of the problems all bad sequels have and that is it feels like Iron Man 1.5.
November 9, 2016
Less impressive than the first one , still solid nonetheless
½ November 9, 2016
It's a good film with good action scenes with an interesting hero, but one of the major flaws is villain, or if the bad guys, they are not very interesting and occasionally get to be boring, and the producers made the same thing they did in the first film, using armor to face Iron Man, do not need to use a similar equipment with the iron man, he could have done differently, in short is a good movie but does not compare to the first
November 8, 2016
The race car sequence? BLACK WIDOW? How can you miss. LOVED THIS
½ November 7, 2016
Weak villains and a very convenient plot await you in this failure of a follow up movie to one of the best mcu films.
½ October 26, 2016
Part number 2 and it was just on ar with the first
October 23, 2016
As much worth as waste
½ October 18, 2016
Only 23 minutes of iron man action. You tricked your self into liking this movie only because it has iron man in it.
October 18, 2016
Top 3 worst Marvel Studios movie.
October 9, 2016
-interesting
-not enough action
-a pretty flat movie
-3 stars
October 4, 2016
While Iron Man 2 is not without its drawbacks, it definitely saves itself somewhat by adding in a number of funny moments that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has become increasingly known for. I cracked up when Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is given what appears to be Captain America's shield and he says something along the lines of, "This is just what I was looking for" before proceeding to use the shield to level out one of his experiments. It's moments like these that help the movie hover just slightly above average and I do mean just slightly.

In this sequel, Tony Stark is trying to keep his iron man suit out of the government's hands while also battling a crazed villain who wants nothing more than to annihilate Stark. This all leads up to one of the coolest action sequences in a Marvel movie to date. The final thirty minutes makes the other ninety-four feel a bit more tolerable.

Other moments in the film, however, cause Iron Man 2 to stretch out for what seems like no good reason at all. Almost an hour in, a fight breaks out between Stark and Colonel Rhodes (Don Cheadle) with both men clad in armored suits. It was puzzling to me, after watching Stark struggle so much to perfect the usage of the suit in the first film, how Rhodes can just throw on one of the iron suits and suddenly be a total professional. That fight should have been one-sided, but Rhodes was somehow able to hold his own against a way more experienced Stark.

Their action sequence was a bit of a mess in my opinion, but Scarlett Johansson's first appearance as Black Widow definitely picked up their slack. Part vixen/majority badass, ScarJo excels in both scenes where she's kicking butt versus multiple dudes and scenes where she plays the background in a more subtle approach. Watching her fight hand-to-hand was a treat as usual.

The movie can be a bit farfetched at times. In a rush to get Stark the Iron Man suit, Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau) has to drive a car onto a racetrack right in the thick of racecars turning a corner at breakneck speeds. I know this is a superhero movie and should, therefore, be allowed some room for fabrication but I couldn't suspend my disbelief for whatever reason. There's no way in the world that car survives, not even for a split second. The entire scene seems forced as if the movie is trying to rush to make up for a slow start. Not only is it forced but also anticlimactic as the first meeting between Iron Man and villain Whiplash lasts for less than five minutes.

Iron Man 2 is not my favorite movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it's still a solid film worth watching which is more than I can say for what DC is doing these days. I give it an 81.