Iron Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 2 Reviews

½ June 13, 2018
A decent movie with great action, decent characters, and a meh villain. There are little good things, some middle-of-the-road things and some awful things. I don't fully reccomend it but if you like the first Iron Man, it is a nice little addition to the franchise.
June 7, 2018
A great Action-Packed movie with no good story to be told.
½ June 3, 2018
My least favorite Iron Man movie and maybe my 2nd least favorite MCU movie of all time. You need to see it for the MCU if you are doing them all, but not one to buy.
May 31, 2018
this film was okay, but they played it to safe in my opinion. good action scenes though.
May 31, 2018
It was good but there were too many people in iron suits in this movie. This movie was unnecessary. There's just too many characters in this movie, despite a good introduction to Black Widow and War Machine.
½ May 28, 2018
Not As Good As The First Film, But Still Fun
½ May 27, 2018
I don't understand WHY this movie is hated, it was a fantastic movie, the fight with war machine and iron man was fantastic, however one of my biggest complaints is that this movie features not one, but TWO forgettable main villains with Jack Hammer and Whiplash.
½ May 24, 2018
A decent sequel, a rare thing indeed
May 24, 2018
Iron Man 2 isn't that good. The first half was really good and I loved how they introduced Black Widow and Whiplash. But after the intense fight between Rhodes and Stark the film goes down hill, becomes boring and is less intense then I thought it was going to be. The introduction of Whiplash in The Motor Race was really good and being a F1 fan I was delighted. This film had a great storyline but failed to show it in it's second 45 mins. And that ending, it was so bland and unimaginative. Please add more imagination to the ending, the ending is supposed to conclude the movie in a good way, and this movie done the opposite. Well, Iron Man 2 has some brilliant scenes and some painful scenes. The first was much better, this is a sequel that didn't live up to it's first film. I was very disappointed, the film had much potential but didn't execute it. I gave it 3 stars as the first part delighted me so much. Grade C
Rating 6/10
May 21, 2018
Better than the first one, but just a tad.
May 19, 2018
It's quite a good movie a bit boring but it's ok
May 17, 2018
Iron Man 2 es lo que ofrece: Una adaptación libre y fresca de la saga "El demonio en una botella" de los cómics del Hombre de Hierro. Se entiende la actitud errática de Tony Stark, por qué hace lo que hace cada segundo y al final, aprende que tiene que dejar un legado, algo que todos en el mundo, de una u otra forma, hacemos.
May 16, 2018
Iron Man 2 isn't as good as the 1st one, and it may not be the best MCU movie, but I really like, due to the fact that it introduces two important characters, and it's funny and has good action
May 12, 2018
It might be the most disappointing film in the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, but "Iron Man 2" is still a solid film in my opinion. The sequel to the 2008 blockbuster that kicked off the franchise, finds Tony Stark coming out as Iron Man to the world and just having fun with his increased popularity. But business rival Justin Hammer plans to use rogue scientist Ivan Vanko to make sure that Stark's dominance will come to an end, as Tony himself faces conflicts and issues in his personal life. Robert Downey Jr. shines once again as the beloved billionaire and is joined by Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow which marks her debut in the franchise and further moves the buildup to the big crossover of earth's mightiest heroes. Jon Favreau once again delivers on the action and the overall maturity and heart of this story. But there are several issues that drag it down, such as its countless subplots, its bland and weird looking villain - that isn't elevated at all by Mickey Rourke's performance - and just not being as exciting as the first one. But even if it has numerous sins, it's still guaranteed to make anyone have a fun time once again and Iron Man's team-ups with War Machine and Black Widow are just too awesome to ignore.
½ May 7, 2018
The weakest film in the MCU. The villain is forgettable and the plot mundane. Yet the character of Tony Stark, his chemistry with Pepper, and some action scene are far from being worth nothing.
½ May 6, 2018
"Iron Man 2" is a successful sequel in the "Iron Man" series.
April 25, 2018
Some things in this movie I would say were just as good if not better than the first Iron man film, like the story, character development and actoin. However the villian altho he was ok just sunk my rating for this film. there was also just something missing from this movie that the first one had, the thing missing was the suspence. this movie cept going from one part of the story to the other. from the villian's side of the story to Tony's side trying to find a cure to save his life and Rhody's small part of the story, but as the movie gose on you get the whole picture and you know what the bad guy is going to do it is predictable. Last thing that Iliked Black Widow was great.
½ April 25, 2018
Good, though a waste of a bad guy. Great action still, and Tony Stark is once again the star of the show. I love the characters wit, and finally war machine.