Iron Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 2 Reviews

½ April 28, 2017
It's OK but the reason it's not as good as the first is because it's way too similar to the first Iron Man movie that came out into 2008, it has the exact same plot a the first movie, there is also to much stuff in this movie, and another problem is that Terrence Howard is replaced by Don Cheadlebut, I will say this the action is amazing, the writing/directing is ok, the dialogue and visual effects are really good, the acting and characters are great, it's entertaining and the plot for the most part in the movie makes a lot more sense than in the first one, it's always very entertaining and avoids clichés while at the same time making fun of them so I guess you can say it's pretty good, it did everything it had to do and I enjoyed it, it's a good summer movie.
April 25, 2017
This is a bit disappointing, but it was still entertaining at times. Unfortunately, this movie suffers from a lot of similarities from the 1st movie.
½ April 23, 2017
Very good, but it fell short in the first one. Act three save the film due to incredible action.
April 16, 2017
An army of robots takes on Iron Man this time looking just like him only bigger.
Passable re-make. Nothing special. Not really that exciting.
½ April 11, 2017
It certainly does not live up to its groundbreaking original, but it still manages to captivate us with exciting thrills and a great portrayal of this billionaire playboy by Robert Downey Jr.
½ April 2, 2017
Unable to capture the magic that was the first Iron Man, the sequel is still rather enjoyable. Once again it is just great to watch Robert Downey Jr. be the best Tony Stark anyone could ask for, and a much more grounded Iron Man film is pleasant as well.
½ April 2, 2017
While it pales in comparison to the original, Iron Man 2 still delivers. The CGI is very realistic, and Jon Favreau's directing is top-notch. There are a handful of boring moments, but they're offset by fun, thrilling action and strong performances. RDJ is fabulous as usual, and Mickey Rourke is menacing and terrifying as Ivan Vanko/Whiplash, even if the character isn't true to the comics. Scarlett Johansson's first time as Black Widow is badass and occasionally funny.
½ April 1, 2017
Could have been better.
½ March 24, 2017
Not a bad film by any means but the weakest of the three so far and adds very little to the Marvel Cinematic Universe plot (with the exception of black widow and war machine)
March 22, 2017
fun and full of action but my least favorite if the three iron man movies
½ March 20, 2017
Poor Mickey Rourke and Jon Favreau, because this was pretty obvious that there was too much interference from the studio, and made not into a true sequel which everyone was expecting to see, but as an infomercial for one of the greatest action films of all time! I tried to enjoy this film, but it just left a me really disappointed! What the heck guys!?
½ March 20, 2017
Literally 2 hours of Tony Stark being an asshole and a wasted Mickey Rourke.
March 18, 2017
From the success of Iron Man 1, the second film in the iron man series, third in the MCU, Iron Man 2 took a big drop from what its previous movie had. It just didn't have the same feel. Still an action packed joyride of fun, but a little overrated. My Score: 68%
½ March 17, 2017
Very underrated. While a little confusing, it is still really good. The action is well done, and a good Marvel movie.
½ March 14, 2017
Half actual Iron Man sequel, half boring Avengers shadowing. Meb.
½ March 6, 2017
Like Iron Man but bigger!
½ March 5, 2017
Somehow the movie doesn't perform when compared to its predecessor and is slightly disappointing. A weak villain comprises the entire story. Robert Downey Jr. just carries the movie on his shoulders.
March 4, 2017
Iron Man 2 is a boring mess which does not live up to the first movie, nor does it contribute much to MCU, or the entire superhero genre for the matter.
½ March 2, 2017
The follow up to the terrific Iron Man, Iron Man 2 has its moments but ends up tripping over itself.

Once again Downey knocks it out of the park however the villains played by Rourke and Rockwell just don't quite deliver. They do have their moments, especially Rockwell as the incompetent Stark wannabe Justin Hammer, but you never feel the same amount of menace as you did from Stane in the first movie. Tony spends most of the movie dealing with the fallout from his chest piece and only in the last act do they remember that they need some villains for the climax.

The movie is cluttered with too many characters and subplots, a failing of far too many films in the genre. Favreau once again does a great job as director but they needed to trim and focus this movie to make it go to the next level.

Overall a good movie, but not great.
March 1, 2017
Upon first viewing years ago I gave it 2 1/2 stars. Re-watched it recently and it is a MUCH better watch now that the MCU has unfolded in much greater depth and detail. It actually makes Iron Man 2's story easier to follow the 2nd time around now that I know all of the characters and back story. Same thing happened when I recently Re-watched The Incredible Hulk and the 1st Iron Man. Looking forward to re-watching Thor to see if the trend continues.