Iron Man 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 2 Reviews

October 23, 2016
As much worth as waste
½ October 18, 2016
Only 23 minutes of iron man action. You tricked your self into liking this movie only because it has iron man in it.
October 18, 2016
Top 3 worst Marvel Studios movie.
October 9, 2016
-not enough action
-a pretty flat movie
-3 stars
October 4, 2016
While Iron Man 2 is not without its drawbacks, it definitely saves itself somewhat by adding in a number of funny moments that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has become increasingly known for. I cracked up when Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is given what appears to be Captain America's shield and he says something along the lines of, "This is just what I was looking for" before proceeding to use the shield to level out one of his experiments. It's moments like these that help the movie hover just slightly above average and I do mean just slightly.

In this sequel, Tony Stark is trying to keep his iron man suit out of the government's hands while also battling a crazed villain who wants nothing more than to annihilate Stark. This all leads up to one of the coolest action sequences in a Marvel movie to date. The final thirty minutes makes the other ninety-four feel a bit more tolerable.

Other moments in the film, however, cause Iron Man 2 to stretch out for what seems like no good reason at all. Almost an hour in, a fight breaks out between Stark and Colonel Rhodes (Don Cheadle) with both men clad in armored suits. It was puzzling to me, after watching Stark struggle so much to perfect the usage of the suit in the first film, how Rhodes can just throw on one of the iron suits and suddenly be a total professional. That fight should have been one-sided, but Rhodes was somehow able to hold his own against a way more experienced Stark.

Their action sequence was a bit of a mess in my opinion, but Scarlett Johansson's first appearance as Black Widow definitely picked up their slack. Part vixen/majority badass, ScarJo excels in both scenes where she's kicking butt versus multiple dudes and scenes where she plays the background in a more subtle approach. Watching her fight hand-to-hand was a treat as usual.

The movie can be a bit farfetched at times. In a rush to get Stark the Iron Man suit, Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau) has to drive a car onto a racetrack right in the thick of racecars turning a corner at breakneck speeds. I know this is a superhero movie and should, therefore, be allowed some room for fabrication but I couldn't suspend my disbelief for whatever reason. There's no way in the world that car survives, not even for a split second. The entire scene seems forced as if the movie is trying to rush to make up for a slow start. Not only is it forced but also anticlimactic as the first meeting between Iron Man and villain Whiplash lasts for less than five minutes.

Iron Man 2 is not my favorite movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it's still a solid film worth watching which is more than I can say for what DC is doing these days. I give it an 81.
½ October 1, 2016
A garbage sequel. This movie was very rushed
September 28, 2016
I watched it , twice, and both times I just did not enjoy it.
½ September 26, 2016
Black Widows entrance was the highlight of this movie, while the villains lack any interest or depth.
½ September 25, 2016
It's OK but the reason it's not good it's because it's way too similar to the first Iron Man movie that came out into 2008
September 19, 2016
I couldn't watch it twice......
September 15, 2016
Finally getting around to watching this movie after years and years of hearing everyone complain that it is "the worst film in the MCU" or "it's not nearly as good as the first iron man". Though I do agree with the latter I don't agree that it's the worst film in the MCU. This movie expands on the story of Tony Stark in a great way, it takes a dive into his struggle with his arc reactor failing him as well as his body, and this movie is a great introduction for Black Widow with a perfect tease of what she can do and has done in future MCU films
September 11, 2016
Better than the first with more Iron man and Mickey Rourke as the bad guy and Sam Rockwell is a weirdo!
September 6, 2016
Not a fan of this one but I still think it's ok
½ September 5, 2016
Tries to do too many things at once and isn't nearly as good as the original
½ August 31, 2016
Not quite as good as the original, but still worth watching.
August 31, 2016
Iron Man 2 has all the thrills and action of the first film, even if it isn't quite as creative in the villain department.

V: 70%
½ August 30, 2016
Some boring superhero film.
August 29, 2016
Worthy of 4/5 but lacking somehow and overrated perhaps?
½ August 24, 2016
An ok movie, but I expected more from it. There were a ton of plot holes and things that honestly didn't need to be there.
August 21, 2016
Not as good as the original but still good.