Iron Man: Rise Of Technovore - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man: Rise Of Technovore Reviews

May 10, 2016
Has all the awful animation and awkward dialog of a modern anime. I suppose it's appropriate that every character in an Iron Man cartoon comes off as clunky and robotic.
½ September 17, 2015
Rise of Technovore is one of my favourite animated Marvel feature films because it features an interesting villain - both aesthetically and psychologically speaking -, and a style of animation that to me is previously unseen among the Marvel animated movie roster, though that could be just me. Rise of Technovore is a tad too heavy on the Iron Man vs Shield front instead of focusing on the titular threat, and the dialogue doesn't always match the animation probably due to the way that Japanese animators expect anime characters to talk. Nevertheless, the movie is a pretty bit of fun.
July 7, 2015
I got this movie when somebody handed me their digital copy ultraviolet code for it, and it was a very pleasant surprise. Reedus as Frank Castle was a treat as well. It really has an "Iron Man 3.5" feel to it. As with the DC universe, I seem to find Marvel's animated features equally or more enjoyable than their live-action MCU counterparts.
February 7, 2015
I didn't like the anime style- too boring. Norman reedus was good.
November 24, 2014
I like anime - I like Ironman yet I can't say I truly enjoyed this - aside from the Punisher cameo which dialled back on the surrealism and concentrated on action.
August 24, 2014
Despite its violent content, this is the best animated feature from Marvel as they finally achieved a 4-star rating after a few near-attempts. Their key to make this their best animated yet was matching to the tone of the live action trilogy with anime style and action sequences that were done really well. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 19, 2014
Bravo! I can't believe how easily Madhouse stole that money from Disney to regurgitate every single anime movie from the 90s. Even the animation's poor, they really phoned it in. Screw this movie.
July 23, 2014
I had a blast watching the Iron Man anime movie. It's so cool.
July 10, 2014
There are just some things that don't work well as anime. This is one of them. Cramming in as many characters as possible didn't really make this any less boring. Norman Reeds was good as the Punisher though. The movie is vapid like cheap anime tends to be, I can't recommend this.
June 17, 2014
Thought I would hate this animated film, but it turns out it wasn't that bad (wasn't that good either). Somewhat interesting story, and the anime style of the film is pretty cool. Still Marvel has a long way to go with it's animated features to reach the level of it's live-action films.
May 16, 2014
Good for an cartoon/anime film but it isn't a strong as the film and TV shows are. Still a good see for a true marvel fan.
½ May 11, 2014
Sempre me pareceu uma boa ideia entregar alguma "coisa" do universo Marve a um director japonês.
April 23, 2014
I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray.
April 14, 2014
No one escapes.

A cyber terrorist that resembles an alien seems to have planned the end of the world and mass annihilation and framed Iron Man for the crimes. Iron Man will have to pair with his best friend Rhodey (aka War Machine), and perhaps some other Avengers, to bring down this terrorist and bringer of chaos and destruction.

"No one is going to think less of you for losing, except maybe me..."

Hiroshi Hamazaki, who directed Highlander: The Search for Vengeance, Steins Gate television series, and episodes of X and Paranoia Agent, delivers Iron Man: Rise of Technovore. The storyline for this picture is just okay but the animation and action sequences are definitely first rate and intense. I did enjoy the Avengers characters that appeared in this picture.

"Someone in this relationship needs to keep their feet on the ground."

I came across this while scrolling through Netflix pictures and had to sit down and watch it with my daughter. We both thought this was well done and enjoyable. As an overall film, this definitely could have been better, but this does contain great anime style animation and fascinating action. The villain was also well done. I recommend watching this picture, but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection.

"I had to kill him."

Grade: C+
½ April 7, 2014
constant slow focus on blinking eyes... that's what I get out of this. maybe if you are a fan of anime of which this movie is drawn in the art of, you may like it. otherwise its a big disappointment.
April 5, 2014
With being made in japan, like most anime, you don't see there mouths moving a lot, kind of gets irritating after about 15 minutes. Even the cool animationed action sequences cant really save it. Good thing a didn't pay over 5 bucks for it.
½ April 3, 2014
Nothing amazing, but it can keep you entertained if you need a Marvel fix. Standard Japanese anime applied to Iron Man.
March 20, 2014
Very cool concept. Very inmersive story line and the animation is incredible.
March 18, 2014
One line summary: A good Tony Stark story, told anime style.

----------------------

This is an anime version of an Ironman story, late teen/adult style.

Tony Stark is about to launch a surveillance satellite. Someone does not like this. They set about to blow up Tony's properties near the launch, and draw him into a one on one fight. Further, they kill his long-time friend and ally, Rhodes, and many people near the launch.

Fury sends Black Widow to fetch Ironman. They have a chat, then Fury tells him he is in custody. Ironman decides to leave. Fury sends a lot of people after him. Ironman evades most of them, but Black Widow gives him a harder time before he disables her plane.

The bad guys in this film are a small group who think of technology as a set of false idols, and particularly blame those who create more technology. So Ironman is high on their list, and his satellite is a prime target.

Tony meets with Pepper to get intelligence. SHIELD surrounds the place, but Tony escapes. He finds a lead in Pakistan, and meets up with Punisher. They zero on Ezekial Stane. SHIELD catches up, and Hawkeye screws Tony's suit with his arrows. Punisher helps him get away, with Black Widow and Hawkeye in pursuit.

Ironman follows Stane's efforts to China. He discovers more about the powerful weapons that Stane has, namely the technovores, which invade high tech gadgets and take them over.

Does Ironman find the ultimate goals of the enemy behind all this? If so, will he stop that goal from being accomplished? Will Tony make nice with SHIELD and Pepper?

-----Scores-----

Art/Animation: 8/10 Good by anime standards, but occasionally had the washed out look.

Sound: 7/10 The lip synching was not the best. The music's sound level was way off. Most of the time the voice actors' words were clear enough.

Voice/Acting: 7/10 I liked the performances of Norman Reedus, Matthew Mercer, Kate Higgins, and Clare Grant. The work of Eric Bauza and John Eric Bentley I did not care for so much.

Story: 8/10 Rather nice. Had transitions beginning to middle to end that were reasonable to follow. Has some pleasant surprises toward the end.