Iron Will Reviews

• Dec 26, 2020

Cmon people this movie isn't that bad! It may be a little generic at first look, but it really isn't. Plus the retro-style setting makes it more than the "generic movie from Disney". The camerawork is good, overall okay.

• Sep 28, 2020

You're telling me James MacArthur and Mackenzie Astin aren't related? I'm not even joking, they looked exactly the same in their respective youngers years; I thought I was back in 1950s Disney when I saw Astin appear. 'Iron Will' is a good film. It begins quite slowly but soon enough picks up the pace thanks to the dog-sled racing, which I enjoyed alongside the newspaper and animal parts of the story. The stuff, meanwhile, with Will (Astin), McTeague (Brian Cox) et al. isn't majorly interesting to me, but it still makes for alright viewing. Astin is more than decent in the lead role, while Kevin Spacey is (unfortunately) solid in his role as media man Kingsley. With that noted, it isn't really a film that is set alight by its cast. They all serve their purpose but aren't anything great. The animals, racing and hearty narrative make up for that though. A fine film, even if it does just narrowly avoid 2½*.

• Jun 24, 2020

Iron Will is probably the most generic film ever made. The characters and plot are dull and lifeless and it doesn't help that Kevin Spacey is part of the cast. In addition, Iron Will pales in comparison to similar movies, including Disney's own Togo, and as a result is not worth watching.

• Jun 14, 2020

Now I remember why I didn't watch it back then

Now I remember why I didn't watch it back then

• May 05, 2020

I'm shocked by the low Tomatometer on this. It's a phenomenal movie. I watched it years ago with my children. Watched again on Disney+ and realized it was even better than I remembered

• Feb 05, 2019

Why the low percentage? Has no one got a heart in their chest? A feel-good, happy ending tale...complete with evil biz tycoons wagering on a race that features some beautiful dogs. C'mon...see this!

• Jun 28, 2016

Iron Will (1994) C-108m. ? 1/2 D: Charles Haid. Mackenzie Astin, Kevin Spacey, David Ogden Stiers. Following the death of his father, Astin, forced to take care of his hungry family, trains vigorously for a dangerous dog sledding race and plans to use his winnings to buy his family a better life. Quite bad Disney fable with absolutely no surprises; plunders immediately after we're sure they'll let the kid race. Only Spacey, as a selfish newspaper man, rises above a count-the-clichés screenplay. One of the weakest Disney productions ever made. Those dogs sure are cute, however.

• Jun 28, 2016

Disney drama about a sled race and the relationship between boy and dog,

Disney drama about a sled race and the relationship between boy and dog,

• Jun 30, 2015

One of my favorite movies ever.

One of my favorite movies ever.

• Mar 22, 2015

Pretty inspirational with less cheese than a typical live Disney film.

Pretty inspirational with less cheese than a typical live Disney film.