It Follows Reviews

• 1h ago

Astonishingly shot, amazing cast, great tension, and its a Phenominal watch

Astonishingly shot, amazing cast, great tension, and its a Phenominal watch

• 2d ago

One of the few movies I wanted to walk out of. Not scary in the least.

One of the few movies I wanted to walk out of. Not scary in the least.

• 6d ago

The characters were likable but the story was snail's pace slow and I was more bored than scared.

• Sep 10, 2019

The flaws of this movie are minor and easily overlooked because of the great concept and storytelling of the film. I believe that this was a solid mark on the new age of horror films and showed that it's not dead yet. David Robert Mitchell managed to bring back the spirit of old horror and give it a fresh spin. I'll definitely be looking out for a sequel to this movie that may hopefully visit the origins of the demon or conclude the story in a more permanent way. I strongly recommend this film if you're looking for a solid, original horror. For a more detailed breakdown of this movie and more, visit TheCynicist.com

• Sep 10, 2019

The cinematography of this film is visually stunning. The story plays on the danger of teenage promiscuity. Never knowing who or what "it" will look like builds suspense throughout the entire film. One of the best horror films in years.

An interesting take on the horror genre

An interesting take on the horror genre

• Sep 10, 2019

Overrated. Not scary in the least. Poor pacing. Acting was average at best. Characters were not likable and mostly useless. Too much filler. Movie should have been a fifteen minute short. Watch Insidious or The Conjuring for a better example of modern horror.

• Sep 03, 2019

Me and my family saw this on vacation on a really big screen in the middle of the night but boy was this movie bad. Everyone in my family hated it and thought it wasn't even remotely scary but really really really dumb. Don't watch this. Please.

• Sep 02, 2019

An example of a horror done right. It Follows leaves you with that uneasy feeling even a week post-seen. I'm astounded by the fact that the audience score is so damn low for a movie like this. Really, just 66%?

• Aug 23, 2019

"It Follows" Is truly immersive and it left me thinking all night. One thing in particular that I loved is the ambiguity of the entire movie. First off, the time period of the movie is never specified. Some scenes have futuristic elements and others have more vintage ones. Everything is purposefully made to be ambiguous, which adds to the overall paranoia of the experience. Another example of this is the fate of the characters, which is never secured. There is never a definitive ending to the monster, which for me, is absolutely terrifying. This is a horror movie that doesn't rely on cheap jump scares or cliché sequences. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and I would recommend it to any fans of horror/thriller genres.