Itsy Bitsy Reviews

• Mar 20, 2020

a tad underwhelming, was paced badly, and the ending was a cop out

a tad underwhelming, was paced badly, and the ending was a cop out

• Mar 17, 2020

"Would you check under my bed?"... A monster movie portraying an interesting family drama. I've highly appreciated that the director focused on the family rather than the giant spider that much. The storytelling is quite realistic and it has a good rhythm. Soundtrack and cinematography are good, as well. The only thing I haven't appreciated that much are the dialogues; they could have been more developed. By the way, it's a good movie. It is worth a watch. My rating: 7,5/10

• Mar 02, 2020

Overall, with a cool title like "Itsy Bitsy" I was excited for this new horror flick. The film's concept is actually a good one but it's final results include a rushed introduction followed by typical jump scares. The film is also crammed with other elements in it's story such as a dark past, guilt, family problems and the list goes on. In the end, I feel some will enjoy the thrills but for me I couldn't help but think this was a missed opportunity for horror buffs around the globe. 3.4/10 - Walkden Entertainment

• Jan 25, 2020

I thought it was a very creepy movie for just being about a spider and the acting was fairly solid. All you zombies like awful horror movies like a quiet place.

• Jan 07, 2020

Great small indie monster movie. It may be a bit clumsy in the first act, have not very good computer effects (though awesome practical ones). And not the best editing. Despite all, it has great performances (including the kids), awesome atmosphere, terrifying sound design, and an incredible and actually scary creature. Dont let the bad rattings affect you. A lot of care has gone to this small movie.

• Jan 06, 2020

This movie has a LOT going on. Throughout the movie I commented multiple times that I couldn't believe how many different plot threads there were, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. That's probably what surprised me the most, that even with all these different sub plots the movie still managed to do a good job of tying everything together. I appreciate a horror movie that tries to do more than just be your run of the mill horror flick. I wish more horror movies would take this approach. I'm a life long horror fan, but unlike most it's never been about the scares for me. In my experience horror movies are too formulaic to ever be effectively scary. I can always predict when something is about to happen, and can even tell when it's going to be a legit scare or a fake out. This doesn't take away from my enjoyment though, because that's not why I watch horror movies. I watch them for the characters and the story. Anything else is just an added bonus. The way I see it if I care enough about the characters to root for their survival then I feel like the movie has done it's job. Itsy Bitsy accomplished this. I wasn't bothered at all by the movie's slow pacing. Most horror movies constantly throw out jump scares left and right, but Itsy Bitsy instead uses the bulk of it's run time to develop it's characters. I liked that. The spider is used sparingly early on, but that's a good thing. It builds tension. I didn't need more of the spider, I just needed enough glimpses throughout to remind me that it was there, and Itsy Bitsy delivered on that front. Even when the spider wasn't onscreen I felt it's presence, and when it was onscreen I never once doubted in it's existence. Most effects, even in higher budget movies, are so poorly rendered that it immediately takes you out of it, but here I thought the effects were very well executed. Overall I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the actors all did a fantastic job. It's no masterpiece, and certainly not for everyone, but if you enjoy horror movies that try to do more than just scare you then I think Itsy Bitsy is definitely worth checking out. It's way better than the reviews would have you believe.

• Dec 20, 2019

Fun little monster movie, that isn't to scary. Worth a watch IMO

Fun little monster movie, that isn't to scary. Worth a watch IMO

• Oct 24, 2019

Gave this a rewatch, since I felt I didn't give it a fair shake the first round, but nope... I realize now why my mind was wandering on that initial viewing. It's a well made indie horror flick, but technical merits aside, it's just too boring. It drags far too much before getting to any good stuff. It would help if all the family drama was engaging at all, but it's not. The mother is just an unlikeable shithead and I don't care what happens to her...

• Oct 12, 2019

Itsy Bitsy (II) (2019) 5/10 An Ambitous, Both Hit & Miss Creature Feature 30 August 2019 "Itsy Bitsy" is a creature feature & a mother/children relationship drama all in one, and, well, there's both ups and downs in it. Now, I don't have arachnophobia, and while the movie didn't make itchy much, it sure did creep out my little sister. Controversial opinion, but it's quite a true stereotype - women and children being afraid of spiders. I always start with the things I liked, so here goes: Practical FX! Yes, there's no cgi, you're in for a treat if you like gooey & squishy old-shcool horror effects. Performances are, in my opinon, the next best thing - besides Bruce Davison I didn't know any of the actors & had to check 'em out here on IMDb during the watch, because, honestly, they were pretty good at what they were doing. I surprised myself by concluding that my favorite parts of "Itsy Bitsy" were actually the conflicts between the mother and the son or simply the spider-less parts of the story. Not all of them, but some. The dissapointments are as follows: It's a much less spider-oriented movie than You probably think, I'd say it's 50/50 that and a relationship drama. Secondly, I thought the intro of the story was pretty wonky & could've been anything else, really. Thirdly, the pacing can get slow at times, eventually making those 90 minutes feel pretty stretched out. Also, while the practical FX are awesome and all, it doesn't get much crazier with the passing runtime, my expectations for the climax were bigger & I suppose Yours might be too. "Bloody Disgusting" stated that "Itsy Bitsy" keeps Arachnophobia alive and well & while it may be so, the summary of it is a pretty average horror flick that shows great effort, but comes out as equal parts awesome and whacky. My rating: 5/10.

• Oct 11, 2019

Not to bad and the effects were passable all be it a bit sci fi channel and the children were not to annoying and acted well, has promise just never manages to be as good as it could have been but a fair effort.