The Jackal Reviews

• Aug 12, 2019

It starts off slow then gets going. Bruce Willis shows us his evil side for a change and that's why the movie is so cool.

• Jul 29, 2019

Sound mixing is god awful. People whispering then suddenly music blaring to hell. Move drags on too much for a good concept such as assassin's getting their mark. Tone is all over the place, starts intense, gets slow, then build, then tone dies. I will still say I hope who ever did the sound mixing never got another job because I needed to raise volume to 90% to hear the people talking then lower to 5% for the music

• Apr 22, 2019

This movie suffers from so many problems that at the end, I was laughing at how cliched it was. Gere's accent appears and disappears at will. You get to see Bruce Willis briefly acting gay! We see appearances from Daniel Dae Kim, JK Simmons, and Jack Black, who we know is going to die, (not really a spoiler because he's acting like a jackass to an assassin 1 minute into his appearance.) Further, there are continuity errors like crazy! Far inferior to the book. Willis' character takes unnecessary risks to further his evilness, as opposed to acting like the assassin he is. He should have just taken in a sniper rifle and shot his target. Emotionally off, pacing off, this is a disaster of a movie.

• Feb 08, 2019

Bruce Willis carries the movie but nevertheless he carries it to an entertaining level. It's not simply watchable, nor is it captivating but it lies somewhere in between. Watching repeat viewings still evokes the humour or thrill that it musters from the first viewing, whether they be minor shingles down your spine or paralysis-inducing, fixating moments of pure cinematic adrenaline. Watch it. It's good.

• Jan 05, 2019

Fair potboiler marred by padded & irrelevant scenes (which could be easily edited out), humorlessness and dankness, gore, and a few f-word expletives. Focus also is primarily on the activities of the villain, ruining opportunities for suspense-building, for which horror-movie-ish shlock-shocks substitute. B. Willis, in the title role, does have a few moments when he appears in various disguises which The Jackal assumes, but otherwise plays his role steely-eyed. Others have their lines and cues but are pretty stiff-faced too.

• Oct 06, 2018

I liked Bruce Willis as the bad guy in this movie, but otherwise, this movie is riddled with plot holes and miscast characters. There was a good premise to the movie but not enough follow through, It could have been a decent remake but it got slow moving in parts. It's a movie that's serviceable if it's on as backround noise, but if you look seriously at it, you'll realize there are better, more coherent assassin movies out there.

• Jun 11, 2018

Once again self-important critics just don't get this movie. 5[5.

Once again self-important critics just don't get this movie. 5[5.

• Mar 26, 2018

I found it to be thrilling, not to mention the guile of Bruce Willis character "JACKAL". Richard Gere was not impressive however loved to see Sidney Poitier and Diane Venora in action.

• Jul 31, 2017

OMG, Bruce, Gere, Jack Black, Sidney. I love action and suspense. This was full of surprises. Bruce as a Gay Blonde w. an onscreen kiss...Noteworthy.

• Feb 01, 2017