Persuasion Reviews

• Apr 21, 2021

Aside from too much running in the movie and a few scenes missing, it was a really enjoyable adaptation. I am quite pleased with the main cast. The cinematography and some scene choices seemed a bit odd, but all in all, a well done adaptation.

• Jan 06, 2021

Excellent adptation of Jane AUSTIN 'S nOVEL SND PRACTICALLY PERFECT SCENARIO COSTUMES SCENARIO ACTING ETC.

• Nov 10, 2020

If you enjoyed the novel, skip this adaptation. Anne Elliot’s intellect, character, and sense of propriety have been erased in favor of jogging and journaling. The script reads like a abridged version of Austen. Clearly her genius was too funny and insightful for this crowd—rushing from one scene to another, with awkward camera angles this film is as jarring as Louisa’s unfortunate fall on the stone steps by the sea at Lyme

• Feb 22, 2020

Unlike other adaptions of Persuasion, this has more of the books perception versus the audiences interpretation. I really enjoyed the emotion of these actors. Also, Cptn Wentworth is eye candy so you get why a privileged girl would risk a little more to be with a him because he is honorable as well 🤭

• Oct 23, 2019

Una hermosa película, bastante fiel al libro y con unos paisajes hermosos que transportan a quien la ve a la maravillosa época en que vivía Jane Austen y todos los personajes de sus libros.

• Dec 27, 2017

Love this version of my favorite Jane Austin book.

Love this version of my favorite Jane Austin book.

• Apr 10, 2017

Why would you make a film when the story has already been done with better skill? The editing is campy--zooming in dramatically when it doesn't need to, lingering too long on scenes that have finished, cutting too quickly, and extreme closeups that stay uncomfortably long. The chemistry between actors is horrible, the dialogue is awkward and awkwardly delivered, and everyone looks like they're recovering from the flu. It's an ugly, awkward, and malformed home-video version of this story. Stick to the 1995 version. The difference in effort is like night and day.

• Mar 04, 2017

Another great jane austen movie

Another great jane austen movie

• Feb 09, 2016

I can't believe I've never seen any adaptation of "Persuasion" before (nor have I read the novel). I find the resolution too rushed. Anne and Frederick never have more than a few words with each other which is understandable at first, but leaves a feeling of incompleteness. What is their attraction based upon? What brought them together the first time? What reunites them? Yes, he has a new found appreciation of her character, but that is not the same as an attraction of character.

• Nov 05, 2015

I don't know the book, so I can't judge how well they depicted this couple and their feelings compared to Jane Austens' writing. However, I know other adaptations of Jane Austen books like the 2005 Pride & Prejudice and I enjoyed those much more. The strength of the feelings just felt not nearly as sincere and strong as in other adaptations. However, it is a solid movie and quite enjoyable.