Jeremiah Johnson Reviews

• Nov 21, 2020

I don't think I've disliked a movie as much as I dislike this one. The Native Americans are somehow speaking French. Also, the bride does the sign of the cross which is inaccurate as well. I would give this movie 0 out of 5 stars but I am unable to.

• Nov 11, 2020

Watched it again after almost 35 years absence. One of the few movies that was based on realism. (Have a MA in history focus American Revolution thesis: civil wars of NY State 1776-1783) Those men who just wanted to live alone trapping must have been some tough s.o.b. Men. The pioneers were tough families.

• Oct 22, 2020

Terminal alienations echo along the cutting Colorado north, hauntingly portending to grating snowbanks and destined savagery. In all baseless atrocity, there's an undertone to each lone remain.

• Oct 12, 2020

Rather mellow with good landscape. Man heads up into the mountain to trap for skins. Meets a mountain man that teaches him the ropes. Learning how to deal with the Indians he aquires a wife and orphan child.

• Sep 02, 2020

Excellent movie. Great scenery and great acting

Excellent movie. Great scenery and great acting

• Aug 08, 2020

Such a good flick. It's got a slow pace but so well shot and acted. Good movie if you are in the mood for something different from todays fair.

• Aug 02, 2020

Probably one of my 10 all-time favourite movies. Nearly 50 years old as I write this review. I'm going to guess I've watched it between 8 - 10 times over the past 40 years. Watched it again today in it's entirety and it has not lost that interest, intrigue and imagination. A movie with Redford and Greer. No other movie of this type comes close.

• Jul 26, 2020

Based on the book 'Crow Killer' which recounts the life of John Johnston and which is even more remarkable than portrayed in the film. The efforts of Pollack, Redford and a screen play by Milius have given us a great movie.

• Jul 17, 2020

Don't get me started on how hard I hated it.

Don't get me started on how hard I hated it.

• Jul 10, 2020

A great American frontier movie. Beautifully filmed, and excellent performances.