Gangster's Paradise: Jerusalema Reviews

• Jul 29, 2016

I watched this movie a couple years ago. It was listed as a foreign movie which I try to watch foreign movies on Wednesdays. Anyway to my surprise the movie was in English and was a very well made movie. The story line was very good and the excitement was very good. This movie matched and could hold up to any American movie with a multimillion dollar budget. If you have time you should absolutely watch this movie

• Mar 16, 2015

This film probably let itself down for being well known by having too much of the script in the local languages.....great for an SAfrican watching it, but not for a foreign audience. Does tell a good story, especially about the war between SAfricans and Nigerian druglords in Hilbrow, which is very real, and very current.

• Jan 22, 2014

Powerful, violent, fascinating, and extremely well-acted crime movie about the rise and rise (and eventual fall) of a black South African crime lord.

• Oct 31, 2013

This "potent, energized slice of South African life" is a "rags-to-riches tale cut from the same cloth as City of God, Goodfellas and Scarface." Reminds me most of Stander and Viva Riva! "Bold and extremely complicated, this epic thriller is an eye-opening exploration of Johannesburg."

• Jun 24, 2013

All I'm gonna say is : by any means necessary

All I'm gonna say is : by any means necessary

• Apr 29, 2013

Good film although there have been so many of them now. A typical Gangster film with its cliche storyline.

• Mar 24, 2013

It lacks a bit in the character & editing department but Gangster's Paradise tells a good coming-of-age/gangster tale that entertains as it is insightful.

• Nov 27, 2012

Great movie about the slums of Africa - very similar to the city of god.

Great movie about the slums of Africa - very similar to the city of god.

• Nov 16, 2012

Great movie!!!!!...i couldnt stop thinkin about it when it went off..

Great movie!!!!!...i couldnt stop thinkin about it when it went off..

• Jul 14, 2012

not a bad movie, good change up.

not a bad movie, good change up.