Jig - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jig Reviews

½ November 28, 2014
An interesting look into an amazing sport.
June 17, 2013
The curls! The sequins! I wish this film focused on the history and the recent trend of making the young girls up so they look like beauty pageant contestants.
½ June 8, 2013
I really want my kids to do this. Why didn't I get to do this?! Those ballet classes sucked!
May 31, 2013
Loved it. What a great movie!
September 27, 2012
An interesting, though altogether uncompelling, look at Irish dancing that was popularised by the 'Riverdance' phenomenon. Assorted characters offer differing angles to this particular story, showcasing the art's wide-ranging appeal, so there's at least one or two people to barrack for.
May 14, 2012
The dancing was nice to watch and all, but there were way too many characters. I would have rather seen them dig deep into the reasons that these kids love Irish dance.
½ March 2, 2012
If you're a fan of Irish dance or just interested this is a must see. A good story line and introduction into this growing competitive phenomena.
January 3, 2012
Who could know that such heart, drive, and dedication of ones life and family would all be on the line for a 2 minute Irish Dance routine? I love that this documentary exposed me to a whole entire world of something new. And apparently children and young adults participate from all over the globe in this thing. No big money, no sponsorship, just pure talent and heart for the love of the craft. Now watching it is one thing, understanding whats going on with this rapid fire footwork is another. It all looked very difficult to me so I couldn't really tell who was doing the best or the worse but its all impressive stuff! A fantastically shot film with some great story lines of a few participants. Drama to boot!
January 1, 2012
I think this is one truly amazing film, who could've thought of making a documentary on Irish dancing? I was engaged through out the whole film, the editing was amazing and the individual stories were great too. It's an inspiring film that makes you feel good inside and out.
December 22, 2011
Things I learnt from watching this:
1. No-one in the audience can add 3 numbers together.
2. The children wear just as much make-up, and ridiculous wigs, as in child beauty pageants.
3. Some Christians try and curry favour with God to give them an unfair advantage over their competitors.
4. The parents are living vicariously through their children (not really a surprise).
5. Americans are better than the Irish at Irish dancing.
6. Most of the children cry; seemingly a lot of the time, whether they win or lose.
October 29, 2011
Missing Ireland lately, so a fun and, at times, thrilling story with compelling dancers, male and female, from all over the world.
½ October 15, 2011
This is the kind of documentary that I enjoy. It is a well done look into the world of competitive Irish dancing and gives you an education about an event that most people don't know exists.
½ October 13, 2011
Good for showing the visuals and attraction of Irish dancing and follows the performers through the Worlds. However, it could have expanded more on the history of the dancing, the specific steps, basically be more educational. Also, I would have liked to seen names and their competition numbers subtitles on the screen to easily follow the announced results.
September 9, 2011
Not quite sure what to make of this film. Great dancing, but found most of the documentary quite boring - expected it to be a little more informative than it was.
September 8, 2011
Slow moving documentary with similar one-dimensional subjects and goals.
September 1, 2011
Toddlers in Tiaras....with Talent! Typical edge of your seat documentary with amazing dancing by some very dedicated little boys and girls. And then there are the costumes.....and the wigs....and the bouncing parents.....
August 26, 2011
Loved It!!! You almost have to be in Irish dance to fully appreciate it however. I went with my Irish dancer daughter and it was inspirational and fully engaging for both of us.
July 6, 2011
May have worked as a TV short, but definitely not a cinema film!
June 20, 2011
Great behind the scenes documentary concerning the competitors at the 2010 World Irish Dance Championships in Glasgow - wigs, blisters, tears and tantrums. Recommended.
June 20, 2011
I have not seen this movie yet, but it looks so INSPIRIMG! I do irish dancing, i've been doing it for about 2 years. I really want to see this movie so bad!