Jig Reviews

• Jun 17, 2013

The curls! The sequins! I wish this film focused on the history and the recent trend of making the young girls up so they look like beauty pageant contestants.

• Jun 08, 2013

I really want my kids to do this. Why didn't I get to do this?! Those ballet classes sucked!

• May 31, 2013

Loved it. What a great movie!

Loved it. What a great movie!

• Sep 27, 2012

An interesting, though altogether uncompelling, look at Irish dancing that was popularised by the 'Riverdance' phenomenon. Assorted characters offer differing angles to this particular story, showcasing the art's wide-ranging appeal, so there's at least one or two people to barrack for.

• May 14, 2012

The dancing was nice to watch and all, but there were way too many characters. I would have rather seen them dig deep into the reasons that these kids love Irish dance.

• Mar 02, 2012

If you're a fan of Irish dance or just interested this is a must see. A good story line and introduction into this growing competitive phenomena.

• Jan 03, 2012

Who could know that such heart, drive, and dedication of ones life and family would all be on the line for a 2 minute Irish Dance routine? I love that this documentary exposed me to a whole entire world of something new. And apparently children and young adults participate from all over the globe in this thing. No big money, no sponsorship, just pure talent and heart for the love of the craft. Now watching it is one thing, understanding whats going on with this rapid fire footwork is another. It all looked very difficult to me so I couldn't really tell who was doing the best or the worse but its all impressive stuff! A fantastically shot film with some great story lines of a few participants. Drama to boot!

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Jan 01, 2012

I think this is one truly amazing film, who could've thought of making a documentary on Irish dancing? I was engaged through out the whole film, the editing was amazing and the individual stories were great too. It's an inspiring film that makes you feel good inside and out.

• Oct 29, 2011

Missing Ireland lately, so a fun and, at times, thrilling story with compelling dancers, male and female, from all over the world.

• Oct 15, 2011

This is the kind of documentary that I enjoy. It is a well done look into the world of competitive Irish dancing and gives you an education about an event that most people don't know exists.