Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Reviews

September 21, 2018
Absolutely loved it. My 5-year-old daughter and I have watched it a dozen or more times. It just doesn't get old. Not to mention who doesn't love Dwayne Johnson!!
September 19, 2018
Jack black makes the movie watchable.
½ September 17, 2018
If you liked the first one (which had an atrocious rotten tomato score, btw), this will be a pretty great movie. If you don't like the teenagers, they're pretty much non-existent for the movie.
September 17, 2018
Este film logra cumplir lo basico de una cinta de Aventura y comedia que es entretener pero a mi forma de ver logra utilizar la palabra Jumanji como mercadeo pera lograr una mejor aceptación, no le hace honor al clásico de 1995, es funcional pero realmente no sera nada realmente interesante.
September 14, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed this flick! Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, and Kevin Hart...how can you not laugh? Most remakes can't quite live up to the original, but with a more modern spin on it, I felt it was easy to dive into this adventure film. I laughed throughout the movie and was surprised at some of the scenes. Fun, silly and filled with action!
September 11, 2018
Jack Black plays a really good teenage girl, LOL.
½ September 10, 2018
Film is good but there are so many dumb scenes like when Spencer dies...
½ September 10, 2018
A vast improvement from Robin William's previous adventure; "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" might suffer from generic character development, but it manages to fix and overcome all the problems that the original film had to face. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and the rest of the cast shine in their respective roles, making us believe that these are kids trapped in a world where anything can kill them. Definitely a film that will make doubters believers.
September 7, 2018
Pretty dumb which is sad because Jack Black, The Rock, and Nick Jonas all in one place?? Yes please
September 6, 2018
A surprise hit for many I think. A star studded cast doesn`t always mean success. This movie was definitely a success. All of the comedy hits the right notes. The pacing is well done and there IS A JONAS BROTHER! Like OMG
September 5, 2018
The film is very funny. Kevin hart and Dwayne Johnson naturally bounce off each other, they were definitely the best pair to use for this film. using Dwayne Johnson to portray a nerd that is shocked to be in that body is quite funny because in real like obviously he is used to having that body. When they change their get the complete opposite kind of character to what they are before the game.
September 3, 2018
Way better then I expected, not as good as the old one, but then that's a classic.
September 2, 2018
Loved it!!! Girls were hot lol as was the rock OF COURSE! Kevin hart always makes my stomach hurt from laughing so much and Jack black almost stole the show! Nick Jonas was a nice surprise!! Thrilling , daring and would watch again !!! Great job!
½ September 2, 2018
The smart twist on how the game works brings the story into the modern age whilst, at the same time, giving the film-makers enough room to create something different that builds upon the original rather than attempting to remake it (that probably wouldn't have gone so well). And whilst it doesn't quite have the charm of the original and you won't find yourselves as invested in the characters, the cast is undeniably fantastic and have great chemistry, helping to make it a fun, entertaining and light-hearted adventure that finds that sweet balance between action and comedy. I can't see why this wouldn't be an enjoyable watch for most people.
½ September 2, 2018
The chemistry between the cast was just the foundation of what was great about the movie. The general idea of the movie was original and did not even attempt to imitate the success of the first film. It felt fresh, original and I absolutely loved it. All of the characters had their own story arcs and they were relatable and actions understandable. The comedy was hysterical and the film was a well-rounded good film. The biggest problem for me would be the ending, the ending seemed very rushed and a little bland. Throughout the entire movie it seemed like there were no consequences, though the characters were given lives it only provided us a small bit of suspense for that specific moment, however, because the characters were given 3 lives, and a dues ex machina of being able to give someone else a life was introduced, the stakes never felt real. Though I ignored it throughout the movie, thinking that the end would provide us with some big consequences...that never happened. The characters became friends and changed their perspective of the world, nothing else has happened, they still live their everyday lives and it felt a little bit weak. If consequences, such as Alex's death were added to the film (or Jumanji NOT being able to time travel) , we would be able to see some real consequences that aren't too heavy for the light-hearted film, but still be able to deliver an interesting and suspenseful movie.
September 2, 2018
Good fun.

Four high school teens are transported into Jumanji, a video game. They now have new bodies, all complete with unique strengths and weaknesses. They also have a mission - retrieve a previous gem from an evil warlord and return it to the statue it came from. Unless they do this, they'll never leave the game.

Good fun. Fairly original - real life people being transported into a video game, and ending up as video game characters with abilities and weaknesses and a certain number of lives. The video game setting works well and the plot is quite seamlessly developed from this premise.

The disparities between the real lives of the people and their in-game characters makes for some very interesting and often amusing scenes. Very funny at times.

Good action scenes and CGI too.

Entertaining.
August 31, 2018
2018-8-29 I was watching Dwayne Johnson's muscles and Martha's 6 packs all the time instead of the movie itself XD
August 30, 2018
Original idea,great cast,good CGI and fun throughout the journey. The jokes can get annoying (like the Instagram Bullsh--) but this is still a great film all in all. Rating:84%
August 27, 2018
Actually a fun watch. Get it on Blu-Ray to enjoy it multiple times. If you go back and watch Jumanji and Zanthura after your first viewing of this you will appreciate it more.
½ August 26, 2018
One of the few films that gets better as you continue watching whilst getting inebriated. This film somehow knows how drunk your getting and gets better and better. Top film.