Justice League: The New Frontier - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Justice League: The New Frontier Reviews

November 10, 2017
If you have a favorite superhero then see Theme I like Batman. See the team all together and enjoy it
½ October 23, 2017
Damn fine adaptation and a more adult, sophisticated version of these popular characters. It's a treat for anyone looking for a retro styled version of these guys origin.
September 2, 2017
Very wonderful, adult version of the beginnings of the JLA.
August 20, 2017
Ok justice league animated movie.
jamrcla
July 20, 2017
Even though it had allot of down or confusing times it's still pretty enjoyable in places, The plot was so over told it dragged, I did like the year it was set in as it felt pretty fresh but they didn't explain The centre villain very well and things just dragged along until the epic conclusion, It's not the worst DC animated film but it's far from the best too.
½ July 3, 2017
Weaving a number of stories about what it takes to be a hero and the real world effect of DC's characters, The New Frontier is similar to Watchmen in some respects, but far more optimistic. It tells the untold tale that bridges the Golden and Silver Ages of comic book history and tyies it into the real world cold war history of the time capturing the contradictory feelings of paranoia and hope that defined the age, while striking the right balance between nostalgia and modernity. The uninteresting monstrous threat somewhat lets the side down, but it allows for suspenseful foreshadowing and a powerful climax that might not have worked if the villain stole the limelight.
½ June 7, 2017
A pale imitation of the book.
May 5, 2017
Unbelievable great it was amazing
November 5, 2016
My favorite animated super-hero film.
October 12, 2016
Have you noticed how the American people were bigoting the Flash over his red suit (like the color of the flag of the Soviet Union)?
This brings an important message on the paranoia our nation is going through these days.
½ September 9, 2016
Violent, mostly about Martian man hunter and Hal Jordan m. Takes place in old days, had a certain atmosphere to it. Not a big story, good legion of doom special
½ August 12, 2016
Good watch although some of the heroes were hardly there, like Superman & Wonder Women, their roles were mediocre. Same with Batmen although his cameo was still very cool. The movie introduces us to The Martian, his role was done up very well, Flash was just plain fun, Green Lenten also had a proper introduction and a lot of focus. The pacing and flow of the movie is great, the voice over was excellent, just the ending bit with the big fight was a disappointment. . I didn't like the bad guy, he was too ambiguous for my taste.
½ March 17, 2016
Itsone of the best justice league animation . The animation was great and the voice over is awesome!
January 4, 2016
How the JLA came together in a nutshell. A small nutshell. While it's good that the focus goes broader than simply Batman and Superman for a change the justice done the other frontrunners in the DC universe is not really justice. The work has a curious retro look going for it that's not offputting and the actors (quite a few names!) and music do well. If only it had been better written.
August 27, 2015
Una de las mejores adaptaciones animadas, basada en la novela gráfica DC: The New Frontier que hace honor a un discurso de J.F. Kennedy. Su adaptación es tan precisa que hasta replica las viñetas del cómic. Es además un excelente homenaje a la Era Dorada de DC Comics en la que los personajes se definían así como cambiaban de aspecto. Narra principalmente el origen de Hal Jordan y de El Detective Marciano ambientándolos en la época posterior a la segunda guerra mundial. Es tal vez una de las mejores de la que inclusive se han basado para crear otros episodios animados de la liga de la justicia.
Vale mucho la pena verse aún más si ya se leyó el cómic. Muy recomendable para fans de DC. Y una divertida película para el público general que ilustra algunos de los orígenes de los legendarios héroes de esta casa editorial.
August 20, 2015
A brilliant twist on the usual lineup: take the Justice League and place them in mid-20th century America. This work deals with American themes and is well put together.
½ March 17, 2015
I really enjoyed watching this, DC Animation is just so much better than Marvels. Never read the story it was based on but I want to now, my only problem, not enough Batman or Flash, but when they were on screen they were great.
½ March 14, 2015
This was a nice little change of pace within the DC Animated slate. For one, the animation style is significantly different than the rest of the movie, taking the look from Darwyn Cooke's graphic novel this is based on. Another, being set in the 50s gives the movie a fresh look at everything. There's a sort of innocence to everything that has a creeping rot seeping in. Some bad shit is on the edges, everything on the cusp of change. But the heroes (aside from Batman of course) are all nice guys just trying to do the right thing. And unlike the last one I watched (Crisis On Two Earths), the voice casting is really on point here. The standouts for me of this great cast is Ferrer of the Martian Manhunter, my most underrated super hero. But the surprise is Sisto, giving the best Batman performance outside of Kevin Conroy. Now the plot is typical end of the world alien shit. It's a bit convoluted and big. But the movie works on the micro level, the little moments between characters and what they're going through. It's a much smaller scale movie for the most part compared to other Justice League movies, taking its time to get to the big finale. It's a gorgeous movie with a great style and a great tone, giving us a unique take on the world. Gotta give it to them for shaking it up a bit. It's still an adult take, with some really hardcore violence showing up. But for the most part, this is not like the newer crop of stuff. Great stuff.
½ January 16, 2015
HEROES! Pioneers of a NEW Frontier!
January 4, 2015
This old-school adventure of the JLA super-hoeroes deserve to be be seen by comic books fan. The others will find a classical film, with surprising artistic direction and references.