Kill Me Again - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kill Me Again Reviews

January 8, 2010
A capable first film noir from John Dahl that relies too much on coincidence and no-one-would-really-do-that moments to recommend.
½ August 4, 2007
Solid little detective film with some strong moments. Could have been better with regards to pacing and twists. Val Kilmer is not at his best but he is still good. So its no True Romance but a good crime drama.
½ July 19, 2007
Wasn't all that impressed, even though it had a pretty cool cast., which included Michael Madsen. Too bad he couldn't have brought some of his Mr. Blonde fire to this weak film.
July 11, 2007
Pretty exciting noir thriller with mucho twists and turns. A little silly, but that's par for the course.
June 10, 2007
John Dahl's first film and it is a solid, though not significant, debut. Dahl's film is a classical throwback to Noir with Kilmer starring as a hard boiled private eye detective who fakes the death of a woman... yet complications ensue. Plot twists and turns abound, but the film follows so closely to the Noir model that they become predictable. Still, the film is tight, focused, and never boring. Not bad, just nothing really special... A rental for most but essential viewing for fans of Dahl's work.
January 20, 2007
Suspenseful story, the acting was a bit cold and unfeeling but it held my interest. Las Vegas settings a plus, very good score. I am surprised the chemistry between the two main stars was not particularly evident, considering they were married at the time.
January 23, 2016
I may stand alone, but I consider this film a great homage to film noir. I really enjoyed watching it, and I thought the ending was satisfying. I love to hate femme fatales and Joanne Whalley-Kilmer does not disappoint me. First I loved her, then I hated her, and I wanted nothing more to see her get it in the end. The sad thing is--she is so selfish and crazed in this movie--you cannot be quite sure she will pay for her sins in the end. I say--watch it.
½ April 18, 2015
Madsen steals the movie in this rather pedestrian thriller.
½ January 13, 2014
Not a bad film but not impressive either. A modest neo-noir entry that fails to capitalize on the potentially dazzling setting and accomplished cast.
June 9, 2012
A Nice Enjoyable Thriller, Which See's Val Kilmer & His Then Wife, Joanne Whalley-Kilmer On The Run From The Cops, Mobsters & A Crazy Killer (Michael Madsen). The Plot Is Decent, But The Performances Especially From Michael Madsen, Make This Film Enjoyable. The Direction & Script Are Quite Good As Well. In The End Director John Dahl Uses A Very Useful Technique, With Twists & Turns. A Good Watch From Start To Finish.
½ March 26, 2012
The first of John Dahl's stellar neo-noirs from the late 80s, early 90s. Great cast, with Joanne Whalley standing out as the femme fatale.
February 2, 2012
Good point about the movie...Val Kilmer was in it. Bad point about the movie...just about everything else. I do admit it was VERY suspenseful, and definitely an interesting watch, but I can't call it good. I was distrustful of the main female character the whole time, so I couldn't really let myself like her. And all the other characters besides Val were pretty much pointless or weird (like the psychotic ex-boyfriend of the female character).
½ November 23, 2011
Jack Andrews is a man down on his luck. Recently widowed and drowning in gambling debts, Jack wants nothing to do with life other than to float by and eventually be buried in the plot beside his deceased wife. That is until Fay Forrester turns up. This young damsel in distress asks Jack to stage her murder in the hopes of getting away from her violent criminal of a boyfriend, Vince. Little does Jack know how close he might come to getting his ultimate wish.

Not an altogether boring film, "Kill Me Again" was a good way to pass the time. It was a very typical noir film, with a very typical pseudo-romance, and an even more typical twist. Kilmer shone quite brightly in this film, despite acting alongside fan-favourite Michael Madsen and Kilmer's stunning wife-at-the-time, Joanne Whalley. The subtle and reactive performance given by Kilmer was a breath of life into a character who might otherwise have been lost in the sea of dead-boring characters. Kilmer's talent seems wasted on smaller projects such as this. However, t'was good to see Kilmer and Jon Gries pair up again. Lazlo Hollyfeld and Chris Knight together again!
½ September 27, 2011
A slightly less refined version of Red Rock West, but nonetheless a good noir thriller with compelling and sexy characters, but a little too much deus ex machina for my taste.
½ September 10, 2011
Very cool film indeed. Great story of deception, wrong place wrong time etc kinda film. A good performance from Kilmer and an unhinged Madsen. These kinds of double crossing films are done a lot these days but in 1989 this would have been the best. Even now I truly thought this was a brilliant film full of cool characters, your femme fatale, your psycho, your gangsters and your seedy private eye who gets screwed over time and time again only to walk away laughing. Brilliant film.
August 15, 2011
Pretty typical film noir plot, but done well with a solid cast and menacing soundtrack ala Cape Fear. Worth checking out.
½ September 25, 2010
Solid, though not all that original, neo-noir. Kilmer is a PI hired by a femme fatal to faker her death. Double crosses and plot twists ensure. Enjoyable, but not nearly as smart or clever at say the Coen Brothers' first film "Blood Simple". The film does however feature a pre-Reservoir Dogs Michael Madsen as a psycho who likes to torture people.
April 5, 2010
Which other movie did she play in?
January 8, 2010
November 14, 2009
One of my favorite crime/thriller film, definitely a must watch for any true noir fan.