Kindergarten Cop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kindergarten Cop Reviews

½ July 11, 2017
From the bubbly sidekick to the vulnerable villain, each character has a lot of depth, and the plot is surprisingly well-developed. This is a film that has aged very, very well.
July 8, 2017
Who knew there could be a genre called "DramAction ThrilleRomComedy". Reitman attempts to get it all in there in this film. The biggest win was how well Arnold can play the comedy side with a classroom full of 5 and 6 year olds. Yes; there were a lot of plot holes and unbelievability, but... it's fun. It made me laugh a few times. Rating: 8/10
June 22, 2017
Honestly, this movie should be rated much higher. It's perfect for what it's supposed to be. It's an absurd concept movie that's hilarious for the one reason; watching Arnold deliver quotable one liners in Arnold English. It's funny because Arnold playing with kids is funny. If you're expecting this to play like a Scorsese cop flick, or have the brilliance of a Spielberg picture, then you don't understand what makes an Arnold movie so fun to watch. This movie is fun to watch.
½ June 17, 2017
Kindergarten Cop is actually fairly entertaining, buoyed by Schwarzenegger's self-deprecating charm.
June 1, 2017
Pretty good, but not the best either.
½ May 16, 2017
Definitely more of guilty pleasure movie but in a good way worth checking out
February 24, 2017
This is an OK movie I love most of Arnold's movies so ya
January 10, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 28, 2016
It could be just because I work in education, but I am very entertained by Arnold Schwarzenegger as a kindergarten teacher. Even if the story stretches credibility, that's not why you'd watch this movie. You'd watch this movie because you get to see the unstoppable Terminator/Commando/Barbarian hobbled by a room full of 5-year olds. The film has a charming cast of supporting players that includes Pamela Reed, Linda Hunt, and the underused Penelope Ann Miller. The film was directed by Ivan Reitman, who I love the description his son (fellow director Jason Reitman) gave in a Marc Maron interview, that his dad takes stories and formulas audiences love and make them even better, while he (Jason) likes to take characters and stories that audiences hate, but then make audiences love them. My main complaint is regarding the action and police investigation portion of the story, which was certainly necessary plot point to get Arnold in a classroom, but all seems kind of out of place, particularly a climactic shootout with the ponytailed villain at the elementary school. Those action film elements are really not that interesting and awfully routine, especially when compared to the comedy, which is the brightest part of the film and is what makes it worth watching.
½ November 24, 2016
Kindergarten Cop is a really great movie that is a bit darker then I would've thought that takes place during an elementary school. Arnold Schwarzenegger is really good in it, and do are the little kids which very rare that it's done, while being internationally annoying also. The characters are memorable, and they give off some lines that are really funny, even memorable at times. The villains are decent, and it's a bit different to see what their motivation is. The technique that the cop does with calming the kids down was different and interesting that I'm kind of surprised that teachers haven't done that before. The action is good, and I'm glad that it's a bit muted so that the movie can focus on the school and the chemistry between the cop and one of the teachers. It's a bit unpredictable and it's really funny enough that I was pretty entertained by it.
½ November 6, 2016
Cute little film with Arnold in one his funniest roles to date.
August 8, 2016
Kindergarten Cop is entertaining as hell. How does it not have higher ratings?
½ July 19, 2016
Arnold Schwarzenegger shows a more soft side in Kindergarten cop, then his usual action flicks. Good-hearted and refreshing. I liked it.
July 13, 2016
Childhood classic. The film still hold ups up, even though it's an Arnold movie, when Arnold was still in his prime. Everyone should see this once.
June 28, 2016
Arnold is one badass Kindergarten cop!
June 13, 2016
A movie with heart, action, laughter, and Arnold Schwarzenegger yelling at children. What more can you ask for? However, this is coming from an Arnold fan.
May 24, 2016
Child-size violence.
May 2, 2016
A tough guy cop must go undercover as a school teacher to catch a bad guy. Too cheesy for adults and too vulgar for children.
May 1, 2016
A classic Arnie movie that still stands up today.
April 3, 2016
My favorite Schwarzenegger flick of all time ... And if you ever have a chance to visit Astoria, Oregon it's even more gorgeous than in the movie.