Kindergarten Cop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kindergarten Cop Reviews

June 29, 2008
Fell in love with Penelope Ann Miller on this movie. One of Arnolds best comedy movies.
November 20, 2011
Do I dare to say, Schwarzenegger's best acting work.
½ July 4, 2011
Ten reasons why I love Kindergarten Cop:
1. The way this movie introduces John Kimble is one of the best Arnold introductions ever!
2. Thug: "Who are you?" Arnold: "I'm the party pooper." *shotgun blast*
3. "It's not a tumor!"
4. "We're going to play a game. It's called 'Who Is Your Daddy, And What Does He Do?"
5. "Shuuuuuut uuuuuuuuuppp!"
6. "Take the toy back to the carpet. Take it back!"
8. "My name is John Kimble. And I like my car." *cocks shotgun*
9. Penelope Ann Miller is gorgeous and oddly enough, she shares great chemistry with Arnold.
10. This is just a nice, sweet movie with a lot of heart....and Arnold kicking ass. I don't see what's not to like.
I have a soft spot for Arnold movies. I admit it. I love them, despite how bad they are. I'm impervious to that reality. In other words, you could give me one hundred reasons why he's the worst actor in the world and why Kindergarten Cop sucks, and it won't change my mind one bit. Nobody entertains me the way Arnold does.
michael e.
June 6, 2011
One of Arnolds funniest films of all time
September 6, 2010
Just one in a long line of movies where big tough guys are put into the situation of having to look after a group of kids. I kinda liked it anyway, being a fan of Schwarzenegger, and this was one of his first comedies, so it's not all that bad. Overall, it's okay.
June 9, 2006
Say what you want, but I like this movie. It's an odd move for Arnold, but it's well done. I like how this is actually a dark and edgy movie, despite the title and premise. That it is still funny and not too cynical makes it even better. It's hard to pull that kind of thing off, but Reitman definitely has the skill to do so.

I like the location shooting, It's a wonderful place to film. The cast is good too. Hunt is terrific, Tyson and Baker are good creepy villains, Reed is quite funny and charming, and yes, even Arnold is not bad. This wasn't exactly an easy role for him, but he gives it a good try and mostly succeeds. I don't totally buy the relatiosnhip between him and Miller, but she also gives a good performance. Some of the kids are a little obnoxious, but then again, they're kinda supposed to be.

Seeing Arnold look all gruff and grungy at the beginning is awesome. That's a good look for him. I actually think I like some of that stuff just as much as I like the rest fo the movie. Maybe just because it's the Arnie we expect.

Anyways, this is a good movie. Little kids should avoid, as this really isn't for them, but older audiences should go ahead and give this one a watch if they haven't already done so.
June 15, 2010
This is the best Schwarzenegger (checks spelling) film ever made!! Pretty pathetic... :-/
April 21, 2010
Such a goofy career move for Arnold, but I love this movie. I guess it proves that he is amazing at comedy and what better way to scare kids that throwing a Terminator in their school. The plot works and I think it's just a fun movie that almost everyone can enjoy. I love the opening sequence, which really gives it all the credibility it needs.
January 22, 2007
February 19, 2010
Goofy Arnold at his best, in comedic terms. It's a borderline 90's classic just cuz it's so wacky. "It's not a tumor!" is one of Arnold's most memorable movie lines ever.
December 2, 2009
Arnold Schwarznegger, I so adored him. He left the Show Bussiness broke my heart. lol Kindercop is so funny, I mean the funny bit His first day in Kindergarten That was funny and it even shows how kids can drive even a Giant guy like Schwarznegger Nuts. lol
½ August 15, 2009
"Kindergarten Cop" is a one of a kind movie. It shows that Arnold Schwarzenegger can be a versatile actor when he wants to be. During the first half of the movie, he plays a cop that is off the job and seeks employment in a local elementary school as a substitute teacher. While there, he has his ups and downs with the class and finds a woman he's interested in (Penelope Ann Miller) who teaches down the hall. While he's a teacher at the school, that's where the comedy parts of the movie are the best. Later on in the movie, the son of the woman Arnold is interested in is kidnapped. The kidnapper sets the school on fire on his way out to distract everybody. That's when the action sequences flourish and become the dominant factor of the movie.
I recommend getting "Kindergarten Cop" to add to your collection and to find out if Arnold and his sidekick, (Pamela Reed), will be able to catch the kidnapper and return the school back to normal. This is one of the best comedy/drama movies of the 90's. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. I remember being 10 or 11 and walking down to the store (and getting in trouble for doing so!) to buy this movie with my Christmas/birthday/allowance money. Still a big fan of it.
August 2, 2009
good to watch if there's not much else there.
September 9, 2007
i love this movie its brillaint theres nothing funnier than a hard man being surrounded by litttle annoying kids its good and worth a watch
½ February 11, 2008
It's a tumor, and you know it Mr Kimble.
½ January 4, 2008
This moving feel good movie shows that Arnie is more than just an action man.
July 30, 2007
It's not a tumor!
½ November 30, 2007
Yeah I love this film!!!!
Arnold and the kids....classic ^_^
½ September 28, 2007
It's not a tumor!
½ July 7, 2007
Arnie goes under cover at the Kindergarten. Quite funny.