Kindergarten Cop Reviews
1. The way this movie introduces John Kimble is one of the best Arnold introductions ever!
2. Thug: "Who are you?" Arnold: "I'm the party pooper." *shotgun blast*
3. "It's not a tumor!"
4. "We're going to play a game. It's called 'Who Is Your Daddy, And What Does He Do?"
5. "Shuuuuuut uuuuuuuuuppp!"
6. "Take the toy back to the carpet. Take it back!"
7. "THERE IS NO BATHROOM!"
8. "My name is John Kimble. And I like my car." *cocks shotgun*
9. Penelope Ann Miller is gorgeous and oddly enough, she shares great chemistry with Arnold.
10. This is just a nice, sweet movie with a lot of heart....and Arnold kicking ass. I don't see what's not to like.
I have a soft spot for Arnold movies. I admit it. I love them, despite how bad they are. I'm impervious to that reality. In other words, you could give me one hundred reasons why he's the worst actor in the world and why Kindergarten Cop sucks, and it won't change my mind one bit. Nobody entertains me the way Arnold does.
I like the location shooting, It's a wonderful place to film. The cast is good too. Hunt is terrific, Tyson and Baker are good creepy villains, Reed is quite funny and charming, and yes, even Arnold is not bad. This wasn't exactly an easy role for him, but he gives it a good try and mostly succeeds. I don't totally buy the relatiosnhip between him and Miller, but she also gives a good performance. Some of the kids are a little obnoxious, but then again, they're kinda supposed to be.
Seeing Arnold look all gruff and grungy at the beginning is awesome. That's a good look for him. I actually think I like some of that stuff just as much as I like the rest fo the movie. Maybe just because it's the Arnie we expect.
Anyways, this is a good movie. Little kids should avoid, as this really isn't for them, but older audiences should go ahead and give this one a watch if they haven't already done so.
I recommend getting "Kindergarten Cop" to add to your collection and to find out if Arnold and his sidekick, (Pamela Reed), will be able to catch the kidnapper and return the school back to normal. This is one of the best comedy/drama movies of the 90's. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. I remember being 10 or 11 and walking down to the store (and getting in trouble for doing so!) to buy this movie with my Christmas/birthday/allowance money. Still a big fan of it.
Arnold and the kids....classic ^_^