Krippendorf's Tribe Reviews

• Jan 17, 2015

Just another bad one.

Just another bad one.

• Jun 05, 2014

This film reeks with the breezy comedy odor of the '90s. It hosts a wacky set up, corn-tastic music cues and characters who are far too easily fooled... but it's not all bad. You will laugh if you don't think too hard about it.

• Jan 22, 2013

I don't know why anyone thought Africa was interesting, because it isn't. It also isn't funny.

• Dec 14, 2012

I like this movie, it's got a great cast and some funny moments throughout.

I like this movie, it's got a great cast and some funny moments throughout.

• Dec 03, 2012

Krippendorf's Tribe has achieved something special, an incredible balance of fun and smarts accessible to all. There's a bit of exaggeration that will hold the interest of those who want primal fun, but little enough as not to displease those who do not want to be submerged by unrealistic situations. The intelligent humor of the dialogs and scenario will easily enthused those who need smarts to appreciate a comedy, but not so much as to rebuff those who do not want to work their brains to laugh. The acting is without reproach, even if a few of the secondary characters are a bit caricatured. The photography, soundtrack, and editing are as perfect as they are invisible, yet remarkable. The story is without logical flaw. A must see, easily enjoyable by anyone.

• Feb 08, 2012

It was just pretty silly in the worst way.

It was just pretty silly in the worst way.

• Nov 09, 2011

classic dreyfuss, elfmans not too shabby either, how can you not like a crazy kooky film like this, unless your dead inside and don't have a soul i can see why. hes a master, i wish he did a lot more films, hes a comic genius, love his movies, hes great to watch.

• Sep 14, 2011

a promising comedy premise...unfortunetly it blows alot of oppurtunities in favor of sitcom style scenes and predictable,cliched situations.

• Mar 04, 2011

The plot sounded mildly interesting, but it turned out to be monumentally dull instead. The family was ready for it to be over about half way through. The "Shelmikedmu tribe" was not credible in any way and to believe that other scholars would buy into this load of dung is to insult intelligence in a major way. Although there were no laughs, a couple cute scenes and a half-naked Elfman saved this from being a complete waste of time.

• Sep 08, 2010

such a bizarre film in many ways. Especially the lack of morals even with the ending. I guess I assumed he would have been caught and confess but the reality is he got away with his hoax. I am not sure what the film is trying to say but I mean it does try its best at what it is. It does have some ridiculous moments but I was surprised at it being a hollywood film that there was no real happy ending or at least an ending that would make you think you learned a valuable lesson.