Kung Fu Panda 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kung Fu Panda 2 Reviews

January 4, 2017
Best movie of all time
December 31, 2016
Worth your time, for any age.
½ December 29, 2016
Kung Fu Panda 2 is a worthy successor to its predecessor thanks to a somewhat refreshing, darker tone. The film still boasts an incredible cast and laugh out loud moments as well.
December 22, 2016
If I were to give a full-blown review of this one, I would literally be repeating everything I said about the first film, except this one happens to be even better, especially with a more badass villain as well as a darker and more tearjerking tone. Sadly the most underrated sequel aside from Rescuers Down Under.
December 16, 2016
Kung Fu Panda 2 is a rare sequel that manages to be on par with, and in some ways surpasses, the original.
½ December 12, 2016
The second in the Kung Fu Panda series, doesn't have the stamina or the charm of the original. It seems like this is more a pro wrestling movie than anything else. We get a bit of an origin story to start off which gives us a bit of background to the panda, but after that it's action with the heels and heroes shifting the upper hand numerous times. By the end you won't care enough who wins. And when we're finished we find out that all important origin story to which most of the movie was based was a false premise to set up yet another sequel. Sigh. At 88 minutes most will be looking at their watch (cell phone) to check the time very early on.

There is some good here: There are a few laughs and it's solidly animated but the story just isn't here and what little premise we do have is torn up in the final frames. Final Score 4.6/10
November 24, 2016
Better than the first
½ November 5, 2016
Not as Good As 1 And 3 But Still AWESOME!
September 30, 2016
Deep. In some scenes between Tigress and Po the movie got deep and intresting.Voice acting is great ,action is not bad and story is good .a worthy sequal for a good movie.
September 21, 2016
It may not live up to the hit 2008 classic, but Kung Fu Panda 2- the highest- grossing animated film of 2011, worldwide- is nevertheless tons of fun. Jack Black's vocal performance is as charming as ever, the film has plenty of humour and action, the visuals are as dazzling as ever and is also surprisingly emotional as we get a dramatic look at Po's childhood.
August 31, 2016
Kung Fu Panda 3 is one of my favorite animations.
August 31, 2016
Fun for every family to watch, great humor, great acting and great story.
½ August 24, 2016
re-watched with kids at home in HD. not bad! funny as ever with the slapstick sarcastic style comedy. the villains in kungfu panda (1 and 2) have depth.
August 16, 2016
Still need to see the first one!
August 13, 2016
Continuing it's predecessor's successful formula, Kung Fu Panda 2 takes the best elements that made the first one a hit, adding more story background, and also, the incursion of new great characters and fun moments.
August 8, 2016
The sequel to Kung Fu Panda takes a darker and intense direction, improving on its predecessor.
Grade: A
August 5, 2016
This was the best of the trilogy.
August 4, 2016
Maybe not quite as memorable as the first, but it's the improving storyline that saves this film the most. Po and the Furious Five return with a new adventure to stop a new enemy. In the meantime, our hero learns more about his youth than he could've ever learned in a lifetime. At the end, it immediately proves that the overall story goes on. Once again, this film features the awesome scenery of older China and the inspiring culture within it. Fairly impressive sequel overall.
July 29, 2016
I would say the story is not bad, it is enjoying to see the story. However, I feel like this movie may not attract me and grab my heart like How to Train Your Dragon. The pathway this sequel takes is brave and gives you a complete set of different story from the predecessor. The movie is still satisfying, the sad and relief parts can still make you feel it in your mind