La Nostra Vita (Our Life) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Nostra Vita (Our Life) Reviews

January 3, 2015
I am glad I watched this film even though the critics did not like it. Elio Germano deserves the awards he received.
March 24, 2014
Una historia cruda y realista, con mucho drama.
Recomendable, para ver algo no hollywoodense.
½ November 16, 2012
Elio Germano molto bravo, l'ambientazione particolare nei cantieri edilizi romani. Drammatico quanto basta e noioso.
½ May 27, 2012
I really enjoyed this film. The critics have read to much into it. It's movie about 'their life' of course they triumph. What I got from was the essence of Italian culture - to live and love life to the fullest. Yes the ending was a little contrived but not implausible. You wouldn't be wasting your time if you see it.
December 16, 2011
has real heart at its core
November 17, 2011
Festival BACI (Buenos Aires Cine Italiano)
Excelente actuacion de Elio Romano para mostrar la cara no turistica de Roma.
September 8, 2011
Amazingly sad story....beautiful though. Gritty and hard to bare, but worth it.
May 29, 2011
I loved this movie. It was so real and touching.
½ April 13, 2011
Un bon film italien avec beaucoup d'√ (C)motion et de tendresse.
½ March 29, 2011
in ambience and theme, "la nostra vita" comes on a lot like an italian ken loach movie. loach, though, is good at stories, whereas daniele luchetti and his co-scriptwriters are so enamoured of their characters that they forget to build a satisfying dramatic home for them.
Initially, the film‚??s rambling tone and jagged scene structure come across as confident rather than dispersive. but that quickly changes, the film starts to dither and the dramatic lines begin to blur.
keen to show the positive side of life in italy‚??s new outer suburbs - the solidarity, the love, the animal energies - luchetti lets observation carry him too far into explorations of minor characters. "la nostra vita" has its heart in the right place. but it feels like an episode of a tough, cutting-edge TV drama with a film struggling to find a voice inside it.
January 16, 2011
Another mesmerizing acting performance by Elio Germano. Full of hope and sorrow. This is a fantastic movie, highly recommended.
January 12, 2011
Entertaining enough Italian family drama, set around a Roman builder and his trials and tribulations. Family life is made difficult by the system and country that surrounds him, all of this heightened as his private life takes a turn for the worse.
January 12, 2011
An Italian film about family and grief. At times confusing (as I still dont know how the construction industry works in urban Rome) and at others meandering but the film is anchored by a strong and emotional central performance. Patchy but entirely unconvincing - just not that engaging for me ultimately.
December 5, 2010
Not as powerful as expected, rather flat indeed- not completely bad: No hysteria, no soapie, melodramatic tear-jerking. Positive, optimistic & the reassurance of family value & helping each other.
½ November 15, 2010
Che tristezza! Come si fa ad andare a vedere un film così, la vita fa già abbastanza schifo per conto suo, poi te la mettono pure su un grande schermo....
½ October 3, 2010
Good film, well made with good performances, and the story well told, but lacks a little something.
½ August 8, 2010
½ July 15, 2010
Good idea and acting, but poor plot.
June 26, 2010
Ť la recitazione che non mi ha convinto per nulla e per me ha fatto perdere molto al film!la storia non Ť male e soprattutto si vede abbastanza come funzionano certe cose nel mondo del lavoro odierno,e non Ť male come scorcio e critica. ma ha perso un po'..